Your Worst Moment

Hey guys. I thought it would be fun to see everyone's worst moment while playing Don't Starve. Sandbox or Adventure Mode - doesn't matter which. Mine is in Adventure Mode on Archipelago. The first wormhole I went through ended up taking me to an island where one half was a desert full of hounds, and the other was a lumpy forest filled with spiders. I managed to survive, only to be killed after I went through the next wormhole by an army of killer bees. Post your worst moment here!

Middle of summer, made the mistake of going to my main base, turned off the ice flingomatics because there was like no wildfires for a whole day and i thought it was safe, a drying rack was about to catch fire but i didnt notice, i left my base, when i came back half of it was burnt down. After that i went through the nearby wormhole and made a new base (and just put out all wildfires i saw with hands which costed some health but oh well) until summer ended.

Was not my worst moment, now get ready for my actual worst one.

On the same file, during spring long before summer started, some baby duck things started stealing all my food, when they stole my meaty stew i decided they crossed the line, got all of my armor and stuff on and chased them down for the whole day, moosegoose appeared, attempted to tank them, it didnt end well, Meat Effigy was used up, killed it and the baby ducks with 10 health left and most of my backup armor gone.

My worst moment happened when I was coming back from the ruins and walked past a slurtle. The bastard bit me not once, twice. Off course, from all the possible minerals I was carrying, he had to drag 2 fragments of thulecite out of my backpack. Then I watched him eat the pieces, literally. That truly was a sad moment of my life.

Downloaded the Reign of Giants DLC a week late due to a Steam malfunction, so I'm a little mad already.  I check out the new biomes, make a base, and start starving.  I try using the pigs vs spiders trick to harvest food but... died.  Then died again getting my stuff back.

So I make a boomerang.

I attack frogs, because I'm desperately hungry. 

I then rediscover that being within 10 feet of a pickupable or harvestable item garuntees getting hit by my own boomerang.  This is the third death.

Respawn at the last touchestone in the desert and lose some health to a random bishop.  I harvest a couple tumbleweeds on my trek back to base.  I think to myself, surely KLEI did something nasty to tumbleweeds, but who knows maybe not... nothing bad has ever happened because of tumbleweeds yet, heck I even got a blueprint!  ... a frog pops out of the weed and instantly kills me in one hit.

Now for my worst moment: After the game over I go to the Menu screen, and clicked on "Morgue" for the first time.

Downloaded the Reign of Giants DLC a week late due to a Steam malfunction, so I'm a little mad already.  I check out the new biomes, make a base, and start starving.  I try using the pigs vs spiders trick to harvest food but... died.  Then died again getting my stuff back.

So I make a boomerang.

I attack frogs, because I'm desperately hungry. 

I then rediscover that being within 10 feet of a pickupable or harvestable item garuntees getting hit by my own boomerang.  This is the third death.

Respawn at the last touchestone in the desert and lose some health to a random bishop.  I harvest a couple tumbleweeds on my trek back to base.  I think to myself, surely KLEI did something nasty to tumbleweeds, but who knows maybe not... nothing bad has ever happened because of tumbleweeds yet, heck I even got a blueprint!  ... a frog pops out of the weed and instantly kills me in one hit.

Now for my worst moment: After the game over I go to the Menu screen, and clicked on "Morgue" for the first time.

It seems like sometimes the game just wants you to die, and keeps trying to correct itself after each attempt. 

My worst moment was probably when my krampus sack full of my best stuff fell into the middle of the tentacle set piece when I died in the middle of winter.

Suffice to say, it all went downhill from there.

day 173. Deerclosp at dawn. Hounds at the same time. Killed em'all. 174. Deerclops again. Killed him again. Then two treeguards came to kill me. I lived. 175. Decided to flee to the ruins (they are my drugs, my escape, I can't stop...) and forget about the completely wrecked base I had to repair, and thought positively "at least I have  bigger entrance!". Well, needless to say, after being forced out by lack of jerky, back on the surface, hounds came I fled to tallbirds. They killed the hounds and chased me home.

Through all of that I lived, and here I am at day 290, haven't died since 120. Feel like a pro after that. :wilson_cool:

Then at day ~200 after exiting the caves, more like being chased out by a queen, a lobster got onto the surface. I didn't have enough gunpowder. :frown-new:

OK, scratch my old worst moment. I just had an even worse one.

So, on day 69, a spider queen spawned (as I was checking my spider traps, no less) and killed Abigail. I managed to kill her no problem, but I did lose some health in the process. I continued to go about my day as usual until nighttime on the same day, when Deerclops spawned.

Literally on the same day as the spider queen.

I had to run aroun my fire pit until daytime, where I tried to take him on, but miserably failed. I respawned at a touchstone, and it was now summer. I ran into the deerclops on the way home, and tried to come up with a new strategy as I was running around frantically. I decided to lead him to beefalo island (which is a small island near my base with 5-6 herds of beefalo) and make him aggro the beefalo. The strategy worked and I collected the spoils. Thinking everything was over, I began repairing the damage deerclops caused.

It wasn't over.

The hounds came as I was trying to make some armor (yet again on the same day). At this point, Abigail was ready, so I quickly summoned her. She died again, but she did kill most of the hounds. I had to lead the remaining hounds to beefalo island. It worked, but it took me 4 days to recover from all of that.

I just finished fighting spiders and had almost no health left. I decided to go back to my base and heal up but on my way back there was a Lure plant. I went around it but I guess I didn't go far enough around and got hit. I had like 2 mandrakes with me too. :wilson_cry:

My worst moment that I caused myself is when I had 20 health and no food in the ruins, it was fine because I had a telelocation staff and a foucs. :(

Can you actually use the telelocator staff to telelocate into your base (where the focus is) if you are in the caves or in the ruins?

Wow, that is some way to go, rough luck pal. Out of morbid curiosity, did you starve to death first or die in the darkness?

Neither, it was a wall of hay, so I thought I could maybe burn my way through. I died instantly. 

I was trying to make a house for the small bird I was looking after, so it would´t die when hounds attacked. You know what this game needs? Gates! Or doors! Or something! 

Archived