Character Idea: Walt

Hello forums!

This is my first post here on the forums and I had a unique character idea (at least in my opinion). His name is Walt and his status is: The Mentally Stable.

Perks:

-Has no sanity bar.

-Starting from Day 2, he will permanently have 0 Sanity effects (except for blurry screen and whispering).

-He can survive for 30 seconds longer than other characters by fighting off Charlie.

-Can create 1 Nightmare Fuel each day with his special item, The Dark Thingamabob.

This character mainly tailors towards the players who think that the early game is too easy and the late game is too hard, since now the player must face with or run from the shadow creatures much earlier than normal but is in exchange able to craft the more powerful items much earlier, without the sanity problems, making it easier in the late game with large hound attacks.

Tell me what you guys think and please feel free to give me feedback on any changes that could make the character more balanced.

(Also, if anyone would be nice enough, would it be possible to create a portrait for him, however you may think he should look.(human though))

This character seems actually fairly plausible and the name Walt seems to fit just nicely. If this guy is going to not have to deal with sanity, something must be done to balance him out---I'm not sure what. Maxwell is normally the go to guy when it comes managing sanity, but he pays for it by having poor HP and stomach--Walt could be the same, but rehashing something seems like a waste.

Maybe Walt could be an extreme animal lover, and killing/attacking/being attacked by anything would weaken his mental state.

In addition, maybe Walt could only eat vegetables, so it would allow players to develop a playstyle around excessive farming.

(Also, I have some free time lately, so I might be able to whip up a picture if you are still invested in this.)

I have stated a downfall to his no sanity bar, being that 0 sanity effects (as in shadow creatures) will begin forever starting from day 2, but I do think that that is too little of a negative and so agree with the idea of having him be a vegetarian. Maybe also that whenever he attacks or is attacked by an "animal (as having it with any creature could make it too weak)", he takes damage, as he cannot weaken his mental state due to having no sanity bar. Otherwise it could be that whenever an innocent creature is killed by him, Krampus is immediately spawned, giving players motivation not to attack animals. If you would like to and would be happy to make a picture, you can post it here. Sorry for the late post, i've been away.

Archived