Hound types for Spring and Autumn?

As the title says, there should be Spring and Autumn counterparts for the hounds.

-Spring: Fur is wet with a green tint. Attacks make items in inventory 5% percent wet, and also drench the player by 10 per attack. Explodes on death, making any items or structures around it wet by 50%. Spawns from Hound Mound in spring, and drops Green Gem.

-Autumn: Orange fur. 50% more health than regular hounds. If spawning from an attack rather than a mound, accompanied by 2 hounds. Spawns from Hound Mound in Autumn, drops Orange gem.

I think they should all be standard, except for Winter hounds.

Fire hounds are just dumb...

They're practically the only ones that actually punish the player for not planning/taking them seriously. Everyone likes Winter Hounds because they do sweet-f-a. 

I appreciate that they bring a challenge, I just think that the concept of a fire hound is a little silly.

Not that silly. Considering the mechanics of summer in Reign of Giants center around things catching on fire, the fire hound kinda makes sense. Perhaps it could overheat on hit, like how the winter hounds freeze on hit.

They're practically the only ones that actually punish the player for not planning/taking them seriously. Everyone likes Winter Hounds because they do sweet-f-a. 

Not anymore. The blue hounds can freeze you or anything nearby upon death. Killing them in melee now has its risks as you don't want to be sitting still getting eaten alive by the 8 other hounds that were accompanying him!

I think the idea of spring and autumn hounds has already been discussed in the past (search function could probably find the post rather quickly). I don't have anything against having new hound types for these seasons, but I don't think it's necessary. I would personally opt for normal hounds during spring/autumn, fire hounds in summer and ice hounds in winter. However, I am against new hounds dropping rare gems that should only be obtainable in the ruins (green gems more than anything, as don't wish to be able to build an infinite number of construction amulets and deconstruction staffs).

I mean, I do hate how often stuff catches on fire due to Firehounds during summer (I tend to put mounds on Lots for funzies), but you can plan against it if it's just Hound invasions. Seriously, just make a hound-slaughtering room or something, or make an area where there's no trees or burnables to direct them to. 

As the title says, there should be Spring and Autumn counterparts for the hounds.

-Spring: Fur is wet with a green tint. Attacks make items in inventory 5% percent wet, and also drench the player by 10 per attack. Explodes on death, making any items or structures around it wet by 50%. Spawns from Hound Mound in spring, and drops Green Gem.

-Autumn: Orange fur. 50% more health than regular hounds. If spawning from an attack rather than a mound, accompanied by 2 hounds. Spawns from Hound Mound in Autumn, drops Orange gem.

The Spring hound death explosion needs to be nerfed slightly. 50% smells a little bit too much like bulls***. As for the Autumn hound, why not make him regain health upon eating the meat from the rabbits, birds or moles. Also 50% seems to high. 25 to 30% seems more fair.

For the gems, these drops should be lower than the red and blue hound drops. 5 to 10% seems a bit more sensible.

Not that silly. Considering the mechanics of summer in Reign of Giants center around things catching on fire, the fire hound kinda makes sense. Perhaps it could overheat on hit, like how the winter hounds freeze on hit.

But why would a hound burst into flames....The red I forgive because I know that the Hounds are sent by Maxwell, and there is connotations that he´s pretty much the Devil, so red is alright. But green and orange hounds...Really? Sounds a little silly to me. 

The reason the new hound types would be Green/Orange is because there are gems corresponding to the types.

But why would a hound burst into flames....The red I forgive because I know that the Hounds are sent by Maxwell, and there is connotations that he´s pretty much the Devil, so red is alright. But green and orange hounds...Really? Sounds a little silly to me. 

Well the whole game is kinda a little on the uh... fiction side.

I'm not a fan of hounds and especially fire hounds. 

Please though, I really want autumn/spring's hounds to be normal.... hounds are fine the way they are now. 

I'd be ok with normal hounds for Spring/Autumn, and I'm against the idea of hounds dropping orange gems.

However, the hounds seem to come often enough as is honestly.  I think if the hounds came more often people would start calling the game, "Don't Get Eaten" instead of "Don't Starve".

I'm all fore more dangers, I'm just more interested in more new and interesting dangers.  Not just more flavors in hounds.

This is things that will potentially be in a Mod I'm working on but If they could get into base game that would be great:

Munch Hound:
Type: Mob
Description: This is a Orange hound that will eat plants that are in Mass; If the player gets near he will vomit on them causing causing for the next 4 seconds to be constantly losing sanity and hunger as well as becoming wet. This spawns in Autumn.

Lighting Hound:
Type: Mob
Description: These can spawn during lightning storms instead of normal hounds, they will strike you with lighting when they bite you. These are yellow.

Only mentioning due to it being somewhat on topic.

Note that the Munch Hounds "Vomit" timer resets when he vomits on you again having the potential for a never letting up sanity, hunger and wet debuff. To balance this out more I think the Vomit should possibly knock the player back so they cant get a good hit on him but if you time it right you can get in and get a hit or shoot them from far away with blow darts. possibly make them more susceptible to sleeping darts.

Archived