A Wintry "Freeze to Gain" Idea

A way of benefiting from freezing: Notice how when you get too "Wet" your items get a "Soggy" or "Slippery" or something along the lines of that. I don't know if that actually does anything gameplay wise, but it brought up a neat idea from me. When you're too "Cold" (How cold you'd have to be would be up to Klei), your items get a "Frozen" effect. This could allow for "Frozen" Pickaxe's or Axe's, which would cause them to break slower than an "Un-frozen" tool. Some more downsides (As in more than you nearly dying from the cold) could be "Frozen" food, which would cause it to be hard and fill up less of your hunger bar. Hopefully something along the lines of this is added in the future as it would be quite cool in my opinion!

Leave any opinions/suggestions and what not in comments and such down BELOW!

Thanks for reading and have a, GREAT, day!

A way of benefiting from freezing: Notice how when you get too "Wet" your items get a "Soggy" or "Slippery" or something along the lines of that. I don't know if that actually does anything gameplay wise, but it brought up a neat idea from me. When you're too "Cold" (How cold you'd have to be would be up to Klei), your items get a "Frozen" effect. This could allow for "Frozen" Pickaxe's or Axe's, which would cause them to break slower than an "Un-frozen" tool. Some more downsides (As in more than you nearly dying from the cold) could be "Frozen" food, which would cause it to be hard and fill up less of your hunger bar. Hopefully something along the lines of this is added in the future as it would be quite cool in my opinion!

Leave any opinions/suggestions and what not in comments and such down BELOW!

Thanks for reading and have a, GREAT, day!

This is a great idea but I think tools would break faster. When cold, tools freeze causing them to be nimble and allowing them to break easier. 

Welcome to the Klei Forums!

From my general knowledge of science, I know that frozen objects are more prone to breaking. I don't think items with frozen effects should be stronger, in all honesty. Gold is stronger than flint (in this game), so.. Your suggestion could work.

I really like your frozen food suggestion, it could balance things out. I think that food stored in fridges should eventually freeze, so that it prevents people from turtling.

When your equipment is wet, there's a chance that it will slip out while you're using it. 

Wearing wet items will lower your sanity, and wetness will eventually freeze you.

Well I guess I never figured frozen items would be more fragile. But with the logic of Maxwell and his crazy world making, frozen items could possibly be more efficient! Either more fragile or more efficient, I think it'd be a nice addition to the game.

P.S: I have been thinking of a LOT a other things and will probably keep posting them...somewhere..... if I learn how to mod then I'll DEFINITELY make a mod for some of my ideas I've thought of. :3 Problem with that is that I don't have the patience to learn how to mod :|

Welcome to the Klei Forums!

From my general knowledge of science, I know that frozen objects are more prone to breaking. I don't think items with frozen effects should be stronger, in all honesty. Gold is stronger than flint (in this game), so.. Your suggestion could work.

I really like your frozen food suggestion, it could balance things out. I think that food stored in fridges should eventually freeze, so that it prevents people from turtling.

When your equipment is wet, there's a chance that it will slip out while you're using it. 

Wearing wet items will lower your sanity, and wetness will eventually freeze you.

If some food stored in an icebox freezes, I think I would be happy since it is a very efficient method of conservation. If it can freeze however, I think it would be fair to have a method of making if unfreeze, just like you heat up your thermal stone near a fire. Maybe frozen food should not be edible at all (I never tried to eat a frozen steak, but I think I would probably loose a couple of teeth trying). You could either wait for it to unfreeze near a fire or just go out and try to get some unfrozen food. The frozen effect could also apply to things like berries that are still in the bushes during winter, carrots in the ground, etc.

Archived