How did you start playing Don't Starve?

I first heard of "Don't Starve" in its early days, sometime around "The Birds, the Bees and the Dogs..." update. I saw a fanart of the game on someone's blog (nothing extraordinary, just Wilson with a torch, but it looked cool). I googled the title, found the game's site and immediately fell in love with its art style. I didn't buy the game right away because I was (and still am) a giant cheapskate.

I stopped being a giant cheapskate and actually bought the game shortly after "Naughty & Nice" update.

I think I already told about it, but anyways. It was May 2013, I dropped in to my boyfriend's place, and he was like "oh, listen, I have a new kick-ass game %username% showed me, would you like to check it out??" I agreed, and he launched DS, saying: "but I'm warning you: it's a survival game." I twitched my eyebrow and started playing. What happened next, I can hardly reconstruct. I remember playing late at night in the pitch dark room, searching for fan arts, marvelling at @ZombiDJ's comics, and telling myself, I will never, ever, ever... ever sexualize Wilson. Must... fight... must... fight... oh, what the Hell!! Come hither, Wilson baby, I have a little something for you!

I think I already told about it, but anyways. It was May 2013, I dropped in to my boyfriend's place, and he was like "oh, listen, I have a new kick-ass game %username% showed me, would you like to check it out??" I agreed, and he launched DS, saying: "but I'm warning you: it's a survival game." I twitched my eyebrow and started playing. What happened next, I can hardly reconstruct. I remember playing late at night in the pitch dark room, searching for fan arts, marvelling at @ZombiDJ's comics, and telling myself, I will never, ever, ever... ever sexualize Wilson. Must... fight... must... fight... oh, what the Hell!! Come hither, Wilson baby, I have a little something for you!

Oh dear...

Wilson is still the best, though.

The first time I wanted to play this game was when I  had my best bro call me and tell me that some game called DS came out, I told him it sound's crappy since he mentioned it was 2 dimensional, I watched a trailer of it on steam, still thought the same. But then I found out how interesting these special animal's that were made to the game looked and the graphical design. Sooooooooooo..........I downloaded DS off the internet, played it and then I became woodie and here I am today!

On my first day playing I survived for 12 days, surprisingly.......

................then a redbutt beefalo chased me until it kicked my butt and I died.

Hours Of Searching For A Survival Game That Is Worth My Time : Searching "Survival Games" With Chrome Showing Me "Minecraft Pissed Me Off So I Searched Youtube(Have In Mind I Saw A Friend Playing Mark Of The Ninja)For "Klei" I Saw A Couple Don't Starve Videos And The Game Started.

Combination of Youtubers and wiki. But mostly youtubers since i only looked up like 2 things on the wiki.

Sips and markiplier is mainly what got me. (His newest Woodie playthrough made me kinda sad though, since it was so short)

I watch that guy too. ( Markiplier, not sips)

Was browsing twitch and saw some famous twitch player playing Don't Starve while it was in beta. I thought "wow, that game has awesome art" and ended up buying it the same night. Its now my 2nd most-played game on Steam. :)

I don't really remember but I think it was for sale on steam, I just thought "eh, why not" then I played and 1.5 years later... still playing it... Man, what have a done with my life...?

I follow a few let's players on youtube who primarily play indie games. It's how I discovered FTL, Binding of Issac, Starseed Pilgrim, etc.

Don't Starve was no different. Saw it, instantly fell in love with what I saw. Bought it in beta around the time of The Birds and the Bees & the Dogs That Want to Kill You.

Archived