How did you start playing Don't Starve?

I remember it being mentioned around the internet when the chrome version was around, later found AishaNeko's videos of her playing it and went and put it on my steam wishlist. Then I kinda forgot about it until a steam sale back in December when I had gotten a few steam cards from Christmas and finally bought it!

It was on sale last december and since I liked it's art style I decided why not.

Something like that for me too.

DS caught my eyes when it was in early access on Steam though. But paying for an unfinished game wasn't appealing... And I forgot about it :oops:

Then a sale came on Steam and I bought it !

I just love it since and now I have paid for an unfinished DLC and even for a plush that doesn't exist yet ! Damn you Klei ! Your game is just too awesome :love_heart:

Long story short: I was under some wrong impressions from the beginning.  Morbid curiosity and boredom got a hold of me mid summer. I eventually saw enough info for me to peal back the layers and see that this game can fit in my realm of likes.  Rather oddly, but compelling enough for me to play 250 hours so far.

Someone should of told me this game is like a combination of light elements from Diablo and Animal Crossing tied in these shadowy bonds of survival.  Would of piqued my interest sooner.

I played since guy name Nilux, my favourite youtuber back in the time posted his first episode of Don't Starve on 2012... he introduced me to it, I kinda knew what to do because he did one episode (only one, that's why I hate him now), it started smoothly for me.

i downloaded a pirate version- played it, loved it, bought it.

Exactly what I did. Couldn't use mods on the version I had, for obvious reasons. Seamed worth the money, like dozens of other games, time will tell.

I saw Syndicate's video on the beta (research points, circles, the good stuff) and then about 8 months later my friend tells me "yo brah ma mum got this coo game called dont starve brah" (he doesn't talk like that, but you get the idea.)

So then I was like "EMJ (err mah jebus) I knows dat one!!!!!1" And she was like" yo brah i gots extra code yah brah" and I said "sounds coo brah" and then yeah.

If you need the translation reply and tell me.

I would be in a group Skype call and a couple people would be playing it. It was entertaining listening to them so I looked up some of the art stuff (easiest way to win me over; great designs) and added it to my Steam wishlist. Following August a friend of mine bought it for me for my birthday and that was that. 

Archived