How did you start playing Don't Starve?

Saw it around when it was back in beta, decided I might look into it once it fully released. I ended up forgetting but the yogscast did a video on it and reminded me.

Similar to mine, i knew about this game while it was still in beta, but i didnt actually buy it while in beta or create a forum account back then or even know these forums existed.

Wait... there was a demo?

I was bored and scouring Steam. I wanted either a SIMS-style or crafting game where both challenges and character growth were introduced gradually, rather than challenges being introduced up-front and my character growing as time progressed.While browsing for any games released in the past 6 months that might interest me, I found DS just a bit after beta/early access, during Klei's 6+ months of free updates.

Minecraft and Terraria have NOTHING on you, Klei. Bravo!

I started playing Don't Starve a year or so ago a bit after the Insanity update. I was randomly looking on steam for new games to play and Don't Starve looked interesting enough to try out. 

On my first game I only lasted 8 days and died from insanity hallucinations and a hound attack.

I started playing Don't Starve a year or so ago a bit after the Insanity update. I was randomly looking on steam for new games to play and Don't Starve looked interesting enough to try out. 

On my first game I only lasted 8 days and died from insanity hallucinations and a hound attack.

How did you go insane that fast?

Similar to mine, i knew about this game while it was still in beta, but i didnt actually buy it while in beta or create a forum account back then or even know these forums existed.

Wait... there was a demo?

There was a demo on Google Chrome, before it was fully released.

Flippin' damn.. Chrome version, I miss you. ):

When I first heard about Steam I thought it would only be worth it to make an account if I already had enough money to buy a lot of games, I saw a youtuber making a LP of Don't Starve and I thought:' It seems pretty good and cheap, I'll add it to my list' so I bought it.

I saw it and was like "Neh, doesn't look like my kind of game." and then I saw Sips from yogscast play and...

Ehem...

post-286034-0-20160600-1397314264_thumb.

And only like 80 or so of those hours are actually playing. Most of it is just 5-second test runs for my mods.

I was bored to insanity with Terraria and minecraft, they just, didn't have that "spark" you know what I mean? That could keep you going on a game, minecraft just doesn't have any good idea's or monsters, terraria, god terraria is too much 2D, I got bored real fast, so I looked up the latest survival game's that were new and then my eye caught don't starve. That pretty much got awesome real fast

Archived