Getting to the ruins? Help!

Hi guys, I need some tips to get to the ruins, don't worry explaining me the basic stuff, I have 200 hours of play but for some reason I just don't get any cave entrances recently, and I always get hurt or die in the caves, I really don't know how to find the ruins entrance in the caves, any tips I need to get to them?

I always ally up with as many rock lobsters as I can find, this usually keeps me from dying before exploring the entirety of the caves. Taking them down into the ruins helps me a lot too. You can just give them 1-2 flint and they follow you for quite a while.

I don't think anything can kill you in the caves if you're running around with walking stick + miner's hat.  Just spend a 2-3 full days exploring the caves.  It'll be in one of the rocky biomes with bats.  

Ok maybe one thing can kill you...getting trapped in a corner with a screen full of bunnymen yelling murderer @_@.

The ruins will always be in a rocky area of the cave... look for stalagmites.  Also, when you find a bunch of cave spiders, you are close.  The plugged sinkhole is made of thelucite, so it will stand out and will show cave icon on the map.  Just keep looking and you will find it.  If you are afraid/unprepared to search the cave further to find it, you definitely aren't ready for the ruins.

You are gonna need a miner's hat and plenty of jerky and honey poultices for sure when you get to the ruins.  I also bring taffy, a lantern, ice staff and tam o shanter as well.  I'd also recommend getting rock lobsters on your side like the person above mentioned.

The ruins are not to be taken lightly, that's for sure.

The ruins will always be in a rocky area of the cave... look for stalagmites.  Also, when you find a bunch of cave spiders, you are close.  The plugged sinkhole is made of thelucite, so it will stand out and will show cave icon on the map.  Just keep looking and you will find it.  If you are afraid/unprepared to search the cave further to find it, you definitely aren't ready for the ruins.

You are gonna need a miner's hat and plenty of jerky and honey poultices for sure when you get to the ruins.  I also bring taffy, a lantern, ice staff and tam o shanter as well.  I'd also recommend getting rock lobsters on your side like the person above mentioned.

The ruins are not to be taken lightly, that's for sure.

I bringed gears instead as WX-78, smashed a couple of broken clockworks and I think karma hit me back because an army of those started getting on my butt more than the shadow creatures. Also it is highly efficient to wear a bush hat and use it at the beginning of the nightmare cycle. 

Thanks for the tips, the entrance was in the middle of a ring made of cave spiders, I died but oh well, at least I know what to expect for sure.

And I just reallized my 100 days world had no caves in it for some reason. ;_; I have so much stuff except nightmare fuel.

Archived