Show us your new camp!

That's a pretty old post and thread in general but ok, since you asked: 

Any mod that increases inventory space, or gives you more wear locations than vanilla most definitely makes the game easier.  You don't have to plan ahead as much.  You can just grab everything you see and bring it back and build you base up super-fast.  Being able to wear a backpack or amulet with armor is especially easier-making.  You can bring lots of spare weapons and armor and healing and STILL cart of truck loads of loot.

Naturally those things reduce the gathering and inventory management of the game.  Honestly if you find those things "tedious" then game isn't really designed for you.  I understand why you find it tedious, and that's fine.  But that does not mitigate the fact that you are making the game easier.  Maybe it allows you to gather 10 stacks of berry bushes in one run, while stockpiling a bunch of different foods, and 2 spare armor.  As opposed to vanilla where maybe it takes you 3 separate runs to do the same thing and still keep safe from hounds etc.  You can demolish all the pig huts on your map and rebuild them by your base, all in one trip.  Dig all the graves in one trip.  Those are things that take me many days to do because my inventory is limited.  And each trip must account for hound attacks, food, the seasons, rain.  These mods reduce the time it takes to do everything, including build up a base, and ultimately the overriding factor of this game is not just *inventory* management.  It is *time* management.

I don't care that people use these mods.  It's not a competition.  But it's silly for people to brag about their base on day 10 or whatever, when they're cheating.   I'm not impressed.  In general I do look down my nose at them - I admit that.  But I don't expect them to care.  I also don't know if they have physical disabilities that make the game too difficult in vanilla, or maybe they just have very little time to play and want to get farther faster.  Those are certainly valid reasons to use mods.  But I can't tell them from screencaps.

As for mods that display food values, or health/hunger/sanity, those make little difference in difficulty as far as I'm concerned.  It saves your wrist from constantly hovering, or switching to firefox to reference the wiki.  I don't use those mods personally, but I'm not going to say they make the game easier. 

Mods like where's my beefalo, kind of in between.  It saves you from possibly wasting time searching for your beefalo.  probably not that much time. 

Do you really care so much about my opinion?  In general I do try to bite my tongue unless someone seems overly full of themselves.

Thanks ! I now better understand your point : Having more inventory space does make the game a lot easier ! I failed to see that it saves you soo much time when I first thought about it.

I like to play with mods as of now though. The speed I gain from having more space and some other information from non-OP mods are quite nice. It makes me spend less time on gathering everything to build a decent base (which I've grown tired off) and I actually spend more time on the parts of the game I've not fully enjoyed yet.

As you've said, I don't care so much about your opinion. I have no shame in playing my game anyway I see fit and don't consider myself the best player there is. I just like the game so much that I don't wish to unbalance it with mods.

I asked you because you seemed like you had a different point of view than most on the issue and that you seemed like the kind of person that could give me a good answer on an issue I've been having with myself lately. I've been wondering if using this or that particular mod makes the game too easy. I like the challenge of the game and don't want to take it away. As of now, I like playing around with mods but I'll proably disable a couple of them for my next playthrough.

To sum up, I don't care about your opinion, but I do value it. I really liked that you took the time to give me a full and complete answer and thank you for it. Helped me solve my internal debate about modding. 

Just one more thing though, when you said "In general I do try to bite my tongue unless someone seems overly full of themselves."

As you've probably understood by now, I was just really curious about what you meant and your general opinion on the subject. I get that the way I said I was able to switch my inventory and stuff could make you think that I am full of myself, but I'm not and I think you went a little overboard with that particular sentence. I just wanted to point out that I was experienced enough to be as efficient as I can be inventory wise and that I was glad mods could speed that up even more.

I get that the way I said I was able to switch my inventory and stuff could make you think that I am full of myself, but I'm not and I think you went a little overboard with that particular sentence.

I wasn't referring to you.  In the past I've seen people come on the boards and brag about their great base, when it's clear in the screen caps they were using all kinds of mods.  It really gets ridiculous when they're not only using the inventory extending stuff, but also the stack-cap removing mods.  You seem like a very reasonable and genuinely curious person and I'm glad my ramblings could help.  And glad you enjoy the game.  Make sure Klei knows it so we can get another DLC!

I wasn't referring to you.  In the past I've seen people come on the boards and brag about their great base, when it's clear in the screen caps they were using all kinds of mods.  It really gets ridiculous when they're not only using the inventory extending stuff, but also the stack-cap removing mods.  You seem like a very reasonable and genuinely curious person and I'm glad my ramblings could help.  And glad you enjoy the game.  Make sure Klei knows it so we can get another DLC!

Hey, glad to hear from you again. Sorry I went on the defensive at the end of my post there. English is my second language so it's sometimes tough to fully get the full meaning of what somebody is trying to say by reading a post. Thanks for clearing that out !

I've already made a couple posts on the other topic about another DLC, we need Klei to see how much we care about their game and want to see it expanded further ! Fingers crossed

Day 66. Summer. Waiting for that damn Flying Dragon to come and entertain me. (Well, summer sucks so much that its worse than winter)

16056023335_9a8099ae34_b_d.jpg

My veggie/jerky/honey farm is just opposite that road

16030239376_4633701c4a_b_d.jpg

15868559128_9fd6a0ffb5_b_d.jpg

Really good location in this world. Beefalos and plenty of trees. Wormhole that leads to both desert and swamp biomes. 

Archived