New character suggestion: Winston

Winston's a character whose a pigman,  normal pigman size, with some special talent's he can talk better and he's an omnivore pigman which mean's he dosen't mind eating his vegetation unlike his brother pig's. And now for the list of his talent's!

Winston

" Where, is the spider? I will squash it!"

-EXTREMELY low sanity (100-80)
*Chops tree's slower with his hoove's then with tool's, weapons such as spear and fire staff cannot be used. Dark sword is not equippable due to pigmen not liking the *Darkness*
*Pigmen protect him if he is attacked by spiders and nearby pigmen
*Has 250-190 health
*Has 200 hunger or so, but drops very fast (37-5Minute)
-Walks desperately slow
*Heavy items don't slow him down (due to already slowed speed..)
-Spider's deal more damage
-Will turn into more powerful werepig at full moon, dropping all his stuff, tad higher damage, but at a heavy cost when he transforms back if he doesn't eat food to fuel it: 40 health   20 sanity   50 hunger.
-Unlocked by:  killing pig guards with a hambat, and collecting all the grass they are protecting in adventure mode.

Can only wear a helmet and hat's, doesn't freeze, but can overheat in summer due to overweight.

This is more suitable since it makes more sense.

Winston's a character whose a pigman,  normal pigman size, with some special talent's he can talk better and he's an omnivore pigman which mean's he dosen't mind eating his vegetation unlike his brother pig's. And now for the list of his talent's!

Winston

" Where, is the spider? I will squash it!"

* Can sleep in pig house's

* has 300 health

* can cut wood with his f hand's

* heavy item's don't weigh him down

*  has 250 hunger

* has 180 sanity

Can sleep in pig houses? has 300 health, insane amount of hunger, and high sanity? can cut wood with his hands? HEAVY ITEMS DONT WEIGH HIM DOWN? You have a OP character that should not be added. No drawbacks.

I like the idea of a pig character but I agree,seems a little OP

Maybe with a fast rate of hunger loss,it is a pig after all,higher sanity loss at night to match how pigs run indoors at night and also make them unable to use weapons (tools but not weapons),then you'd be on to something

Having a pig character seems like it would cheapen the novelty of Webber, with the whole spider vs pigs thing--however, what spiders had and pigs don't is that it allowed players to see the other side of the coin--now the pigs and bunnies-previously friends, are enemies.

Having a pig character wouldn't add anything new, would it? Unless there was some pig king and merm plot devices or something.

Oh yah, if we are ever going to get a pig character, the name would have to be Wilber.

Well. MAYBE These should be his stats instead:

-EXTREMELY low sanity (100-80)

*Can chop trees with his hooves... But much slower, and takes more hits

*Pigmen protect him

*Has 250-190 health

*Has 200 hunger or so, but drops very fast (50-5Minute)

-Walks desperately slow

*Heavy items don't slow him down (due to already slowed speed..)

-Very weak to spiders

-Will turn into werepig at full moon, dropping all his stuff, tad bit higher damage, but when it ends; 50 Sanity, 70 Hunger, 75 Health

-Unlocked by either killing LOADS AND LOADS of Pigs, or a somewhat near 0.001% chance from Pig King to get the item to unlock him.

These are my ideas..

Having a pig character seems like it would cheapen the novelty of Webber, with the whole spider vs pigs thing--however, what spiders had and pigs don't is that it allowed players to see the other side of the coin--now the pigs and bunnies-previously friends, are enemies.

Having a pig character wouldn't add anything new, would it? Unless there was some pig king and merm plot devices or something.

Oh yah, if we are ever going to get a pig character, the name would have to be Wilber.

At first, yeah it was but then I thought other member's would think that would be a stupid name, so I went with Winston, besides that I have another idea I thought of today, a Manmmoth. But I will need help to make that a working idea and not like Winston, a OP failure. And thanks to you I have ideas for Wilber!

Since you want to do something with a mammoth, perhaps a special trait with koalefants could be done?

No its not related to a koalefant, its a mammoth, that stand's on 2 leg's not 4, it has horns on its head and tusks that are short and curve, it's also neutral and it's a giant, it live's in the winter and is pretty slow, it's not hostile on sight which makes it different then other giant's. I would need help to configure the Health, the drop's and some craftables, I thought of one that's called a Manmoth heavy Vest. But I would honestly need help to make all the detail's that make it actually a "Good idea". I am not going to put a topic suggestion of the Manmoth up until I get some helpful tips and pointer's to lean the Manmoth toward's it's giant dream.

No its not related to a koalefant, its a mammoth, that stand's on 2 leg's not 4, it has horns on its head and tusks that are short and curve, it's also neutral and it's a giant, it live's in the winter and is pretty slow, it's not hostile on sight which makes it different then other giant's. I would need help to configure the Health, the drop's and some craftables, I thought of one that's called a Manmoth heavy Vest. But I would honestly need help to make all the detail's that make it actually a "Good idea". I am not going to put a topic suggestion of the Manmoth up until I get some helpful tips and pointer's to lean the Manmoth toward's it's giant dream.

It seems odd that by having a mammoth and a koalefhant, the same basic animal is used and in a world like DS, it seems unreasonable to reuse the same animal twice--however, bunnies were used twice, but I'm just looking for something more out there.

Also, what would make the mammoth stand out? Sure, having higher insulation during Winter could be handy, bu winter survival is easy enough as is. Maybe the mammoth could have an ability to cool off naturally during the summer, say, it could spew water out of it's trunk onto itself to become "wet" and to stifle overheating.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your idea, I'm just looking at things the game could use.

It seems odd that by having a mammoth and a koalefhant, the same basic animal is used and in a world like DS, it seems unreasonable to reuse the same animal twice--however, bunnies were used twice, but I'm just looking for something more out there.

Also, what would make the mammoth stand out? Sure, having higher insulation during Winter could be handy, bu winter survival is easy enough as is. Maybe the mammoth could have an ability to cool off naturally during the summer, say, it could spew water out of it's trunk onto itself to become "wet" and to stifle overheating.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your idea, I'm just looking at things the game could use.

No need to say sorry I understand what you mean, it's that a mammoth is a winter beast, and I thought that the Manmoth would be a great addition for there are alot of thing's that can be made using mammoth tusks, and mammoth meat, like the manmoth meat would restore hunger more and restore more health then reaguler meat? Say like it were medicine meat? Some help with idea stat suggestion's would help, I just don't see what the self watering would do, maybe if the player was overheating and approached it the mammoth would spew water at it to keep the player away?

In the spring it's coat of fur might be lighter, its not that cool but its not that warm either in spring.

Perhaps the Man-Moth or Manmoth could be like a De-overheater for the player in the summer, if the player approach's the Manmoth while the Manmoth is washing itself with it's trunk, the mammoth would spray the player to stay away? In winter it could periodically drop Manmoth fur, could be used to make a Manmoth fur vest, or a Manmoth beanie. It could destroy tree's as it walked, giving the player free wood? That would help woodie and the constant stop and rest for his curse issue ( To me that is the best player ever) it would be a netural mob, not like the other giant's that are instant hostility but more like you could walk up to it and feel comfy and not have to worry about it chasing you. Something like that right?

Oh...Man-moth...just got that...clever pun, bro bro. (Now I keep thing of a giant moth man...might be fun when dealing with light.)

I like the idea of water being used as a weapon because due to the wetness meter now implemented within the game, it could be a legitimate threat. In addition, water at a high pressure can be quite deadly and painful.

Oh, and on the idea of a neutral giant, isn't the Goose/Moose neutral as well? I don't see why not. Also, other giants tend to break things and to knock down trees, so it sounds good.

If there is to be another giant, there is the issue of balance and it's initial purpose. All the giants so far serve a purpose by posing as a certain threat during a select season. Having a giant that is around all seasons may cheapen the value for some.

Maybe it could be a cave giant, as it would be an area that would benefit from a new threat?

OMG--what if the giant was a moth and a mammoth combo?--since moths are generally associated with dark places and eaten by bats? God, it would look ridiculous, yet it would certainly fit DS.

As for the vest and special drops, it sounds neat. Maybe it could offer a sleep bonus or something with light to refer to the moth characteristics of the creature? I don't know, man.

God...a moth mammoth man would look so ugly.

Oh...Man-moth...just got that...clever pun, bro bro. (Now I keep thing of a giant moth man...might be fun when dealing with light.)

I like the idea of water being used as a weapon because due to the wetness meter now implemented within the game, it could be a legitimate threat. In addition, water at a high pressure can be quite deadly and painful.

Oh, and on the idea of a neutral giant, isn't the Goose/Moose neutral as well? I don't see why not. Also, other giants tend to break things and to knock down trees, so it sounds good.

If there is to be another giant, there is the issue of balance and it's initial purpose. All the giants so far serve a purpose by posing as a certain threat during a select season. Having a giant that is around all seasons may cheapen the value for some.

Maybe it could be a cave giant, as it would be an area that would benefit from a new threat?

OMG--what if the giant was a moth and a mammoth combo?--since moths are generally associated with dark places and eaten by bats? God, it would look ridiculous, yet it would certainly fit DS.

As for the vest and special drops, it sounds neat. Maybe it could offer a sleep bonus or something with light to refer to the moth characteristics of the creature? I don't know, man.

God...a moth mammoth man would look so ugly.

Yes I was thinking about a giant for the cave's, I mean, there's one for summer, spring, autum, and winter! So why not make one for our underground world? It seemed unfair to me and so I thought of the Manmoth, the size, like a mammoth see? And the wing's of a moth, and stood on 2 leg's like I man! I combined that together and it actually worked out pretty well. Unlike other giant's since the cave's debuff sanity I thought, maybe the giant would actually STOP the debuff and rise the sanity?Or would that make it too much beneficial? It would eat light flower's, you know the moth attracted to light so it would be that kinda thing, the man-moth would be found in 2 different biome's number 1, the wilds, and 2: the normal cave world biome's.

And I thought about this " Wait, if it's part moth what would it do if a Batilisk came along?" So since the Manmoth is larger then the bat, IT eats the Batilisk, literally it would just eat the batilisk and there wouldn't be any drop's from the batilisk. Cause to me, in the world of DS a giant could eat something that was living and that "creature" that was small enough to be eaten ( say like a spider, rabbit, or pigman, you know they're giant's they should be able to eat something smaller then them that can fit in their mouth's) seems like a DS thing.

Now if the Manmoth were to be attacked, that's where the "uh oh" come's in and the Manmoth would squirt water at the player ( if the player was a distance away) and the sanity buff would become a really bad debuff ( The Manmoth would be kinda creepy looking so that's why if it were angry it's buff would debuff pretty bad)  if the player was really far away the Manmoth would make the "Cave-quake" occur to harm the player from a large distance, and if the player were to be standing right up to it, the manmoth would use it's giant arms to crush the player.

The manmoth vest and manmoth beanie were my 1st craftable idea's I finally came up with some new one's

Food

Manmoth meat- it has a antiseptical smell ( restores 36 point's of sanity cooked, 9 if raw)

Light bulb-(droppable item)

Horned helmet-Spiky braincase protection.

Tusk armor- hurts others, but not you.

Maybe make it so that when he eats monster meat the next morning he wakes up somewhere random on the map with only half health, sanity and hunger and he will have lost all his items, but the items will be back at where he last was at the end of the evening

(Basically he transforms into a were-pig but can't control it)

Maybe make it so that when he eats monster meat the next morning he wakes up somewhere random on the map with only half health, sanity and hunger and he will have lost all his items, but the items will be back at where he last was at the end of the evening

(Basically he transforms into a were-pig but can't control it)

If he can't control it, then the player would just watch him running around for whatever amount of time?

He'd just eat stuff which would make him stay as a were-pig longer, ppl would be bored watching that for god knows how long?

Archived