Giant Steps - April 2nd 2014

• Developer

The patch is now live on Steam!

New Things:

• Webber, a playable character. (Not unlocked through exp)
  • Spring, Autumn and Summer giants.
  • A couple creatures.
  • Some more world customization options.

Bug Fixes:

• Chester will not transform into snow Chester on a full moon if his inventory is full of anything other than blue gems.
  • Containers now save entity references properly. This should cause Glommer to stay a loyal follower!
  • Construction Amulet will no longer be infinite.

Fixes from build #97989 that you may have missed:

• The game will no longer crash if you save and quit while your character is talking.
  • Fixed some bugs relating to Glommer that caused him to be in the world when he shouldn't be.
  • Added some missing description strings.
  • Fixed a bug where DSP changes during summer wouldn't reset.
  • Feeding birds in birdcages will now fill them up. When a bird starves to death in a bird cage, the bird cage will properly empty and drop bird loot.
  • Improved the behaviours of the Iceflingomatic.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Mini Glacier to drop too much ice.
  • Fixed moles displaying the wrong name when starving.
  • Fixed thermal stone behaving improperly after cooling in an ice box. Could not reproduce other bugs reported with thermal stone after making this fix.

Changes/ Tweaks:

• Glommer now gives less sanity.
  • Glommer Goop has additional uses.
  • Animals can now starve while in traps.
  • Night and Dusk now give insulation against heat.
  • Being in the caves now gives insulation against heat and cold.

It's been a busy couple weeks for us. The bugs you all have reported are not being ignored, we simply spent our time after GDC implementing new content. In the coming weeks we'll be catching up on the forums and fixing bugs. If you want to know more, here's a post I made yesterday.

Umm... i saw the autumn giant!!!

I know i should be posting this in the other thread but i dont care. The autumn giant does about 60 damage per hit.

post-357078-0-20408100-1396455891_thumb.
Sorry about whiteness, paint does that. WEBBER CAN'T BE UNLOCKED BY EXPERIENCE IT SEEMS. just died on this save file and nothing happened. Wilson says: "That's one bear of a badger!" when he examines the autumn giant.

Archived