So, What can we expect from the next update? ( 02.04 )

IT BURNS *cries*

Let's all be honest, on worlds with the DLC enabled, it will probably chew me up and spit me out, my morgue will be full of deaths from overheating and freezing from wetness, and it will not be a happy day.

I don't even know how to begin to survive....

Oh well....

*goes into the corner and cries.*

To be honest, I don't find wetness and summer so difficult ! It's possible to survive with some basic equipment and there are so many new things to enjoy in this DLC !

Be honest with yourself: if you come on this forum to find news about the DLC, it means that you really like Don't Starve so why couldn't you "take the risk" to spend 5$ and maybe love this DLC ? :friendly_wink:  

To be honest, I don't find wetness and summer so difficult ! It's possible to survive with some basic equipment and there are so many new things to enjoy in this DLC !

Be honest with yourself: if you come on this forum to find news about the DLC, it means that you really like Don't Starve so why couldn't you "take the risk" to spend 5$ and maybe love this DLC ? :friendly_wink:  

You know, i'll probably try it out anyway. But it'll kill me a bunch of times i'm sure. (Hopefully not in real life...) Can i at least have a few tips?

You know, i'll probably try it out anyway. But it'll kill me a bunch of times i'm sure. (Hopefully not in real life...) Can i at least have a few tips?

I'm not an expert but if starting in spring is too difficult, the best is to start in autumn: not cold, not old and only a few rain (it's like the vanilla summer). So prepare yourself for the winter, as you would do in the vanilla game and in winter collect many ice from mini glaciers: it will allow you to stop wildfires in summer and create the ice flingomatic for your base and an ice cube for your head. At the end of Winter, try to create a rain hat or at least an umbrella because it's easier. Then summer will not be so difficult. The real tip for summer is to don't make a base where everything could burn in one time.

But after all, same with all those tips, there is only one rule in Don't Starve: you learn from your mistakes ;) 

Hey, ssh... come over here....

*whisper* You can set it to Autumn and winter only in the world generation.You'll be fine. :)

I'm not an expert but if starting in spring is too difficult, the best is to start in autumn: not cold, not old and only a few rain (it's like the vanilla summer). So prepare yourself for the winter, as you would do in the vanilla game and in winter collect many ice from mini glaciers: it will allow you to stop wildfires in summer and create the ice flingomatic for your base and an ice cube for your head. At the end of Winter, try to create a rain hat or at least an umbrella because it's easier. Then summer will not be so difficult. The real tip for summer is to don't make a base where everything could burn in one time.

But after all, same with all those tips, there is only one rule in Don't Starve: you learn from your mistakes ;)

Well, you've already got me, because i just bought it literally a few minutes ago, but the email hasnt come yet. You've hooked me :D

Hey, ssh... come over here....

*whisper* You can set it to Autumn and winter only in the world generation.You'll be fine. :-)

Hehehehehehe Winter is gonna be slightly annoying (but not too bad) because most of my food comes from trapping rabbits, then using stuff i grew in farmplots (Basically put it in the crock pot like this: 1 morsel and the rest of it is berries and stuff) It worked surprisingly well. Not gonna work in winter unless you stockpile boatloads of food from farmplots before its too late. (Before winter starts)

Hehehehehehe Winter is gonna be slightly annoying (but not too bad) because most of my food comes from trapping rabbits, then using stuff i grew in farmplots (Basically put it in the crock pot like this: 1 morsel and the rest of it is berries and stuff) It worked surprisingly well. Not gonna work in winter unless you stockpile boatloads of food from farmplots before its too late. (Before winter starts)

Just go hunt many koalefants and dry their meat. That's how I do it.

Set your start to autumn, it's what I've done in every game xD

Also on top of what rodoto said, make a few ice box's, there's more chesspeices around the world now so gears are really easy to come by.

Ice only stacks up to 40, and at the end of my winter I had 5 stacks, more than enough :grin: It doesn't decay either in the ice boxes

Also I know a few people were freaking out about the ice flingomatic, it's really only a bit bigger than a chest, so it's not like you have to worry about changing camp layouts 

-Also, about the meat aspect. It really doesn't pay off anymore to dry meat unless it's about to spoil and you want to keep it around a bit longer. Since the drying racks start decaying as soon as it's done... Crock pots and ice boxes are more efficient for meat now

Set your start to autumn, it's what I've done in every game xD

Also on top of what rodoto said, make a few ice box's, there's more chesspeices around the world now so gears are really easy to come by.

Ice only stacks up to 40, and at the end of my winter I had 5 stacks, more than enough :grin: It doesn't decay either in the ice boxes

Also I know a few people were freaking out about the ice flingomatic, it's really only a bit bigger than a chest, so it's not like you have to worry about changing camp layouts 

-Also, about the meat aspect. It really doesn't pay off anymore to dry meat unless it's about to spoil and you want to keep it around a bit longer. Since the drying racks start decaying as soon as it's done... Crock pots and ice boxes are more efficient for meat now

Does ice still decay in Snow Chester? I pretty much never dry meat unless i need health. (It seems to give you a fair amount of health back)

Does ice still decay in Snow Chester? I pretty much never dry meat unless i need health. (It seems to give you a fair amount of health back)

I haven't tried, but I will assume since chester is supposed to be a portable ice box that the same rules apply, no decay for ice.

Well, if you're planning on playing as wigfrid you won't need the health as long as you're killing things, she gets 25% health and sanity back of whatever creature she kills, so hunger is the only issue, and since she's only got a max 120 hunger - meaty stews are wasted on her. Best to stick to 1 honey ham a day lol

And sanity. And I'm suspecting that ice doesn't decay in Snow Chester since he is supposed to function just like an ice box.

Ice and all the other stuff stays cool like in the Ice box for Snow chester. That's why I'd recommend having that instead of Shadow chester. Snow chester is better as it's gonna be like a walking chesy ANF a walking ice box, thought still with 9 slots. It's best to have him because of the summer. Without summer you can have Shadow chester as a good thing with 12 slots, thought.

Basically ya. Doesn't mean they wouldn't do it again though. I'm wondering what the Warg will drop - aside from meat obviously. Lots of teeth maybe? Or something new?

Warg? What's that? And how do you know it's gonna be in the game?

Ice and all the other stuff stays cool like in the Ice box for Snow chester. That's why I'd recommend having that instead of Shadow chester. Snow chester is better as it's gonna be like a walking chesy ANF a walking ice box, thought still with 9 slots. It's best to have him because of the summer. Without summer you can have Shadow chester as a good thing with 12 slots, thought.

In my opinion snow chester is superior to shadow chester anyways, but now for a random screenshot.

I did do only autumn and winter in the world gen settings. Also, arent wet items bugged?

Is it just me, or is night a lot longer? Okay, i'll shut up and get back on topic...

Also, the catcoons are so cute! I do have a weakness for cats, so it will actually be hard for me to kill them if i have to.

I'll shut up for real this time....

post-357078-0-31816200-1396295788_thumb.

I expect either Webber or giants, or hopefully both.

Could you link the quote from Klei? I remember a lot of conjecture about pawns on the suggestions sub-forum, but I don't remember seeing anything from any of the devs

It is all conjecture sadly. I'm a strong advocate for them; whether they implement them all not is up to the fates.

Archived