Warfarin, The Sticky Fingered

NikMik

I'm no longer finding any enjoyment from working on William 2 at the moment, so I'm taking a little break to work on some of the other mods on my list. 1st on my list is... *drum roll*

Warfarin, the Sticky Fingered!

Warfarin is a thief character who's made to be insanely weak, with only 68 health, 120 hunger (drains 1.4 times as fast), and 150 sanity. However, during dusk and night, they are almost invisible and can harvest items (bushes, saplings, beeboxes, etc) and murder animals instantly. They also gain the ability to pick-pocket pigmen and other humanoid creatures. They can also craft a sneaky bow or crossbow, throwing knives, and daggers. Warfarin is made to be more challenging, while also being unique.

Why am I calling Warfarin "they"?

Simple! Warfarin's gender is and will remain a mystery.

What kind of a name is Warfarin?

Warfarin is a chemical used in medical purposes (I won't go into too much detail) but can also be used as an effective poison. It also starts with "W". Warfarin is a thief/assassin. Need I say more?

Here's what Warfarin looks like. I haven't done anything but the quick-pick at dusk and the build.

post-286034-0-23052100-1395653154_thumb.

The mod is up! Get it here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/556-warfarin-the-sticky-fingered-rogvanilla/

That is probably the best character model I have ever seen.  Sounds awesome!

Thank you! Playing around with brush types. May have to redo your character's. Also, I'm still playing around with it (I mean your character). May be a bit 'til it's done, but at least I'm not spending 16 hours a day working on William anymore. Art alone takes forever. 

I'm pretty sure Warfarin is a guy. :razz: It looks great! Can't wait till its released.

I'll never tell.

Also, I've done the pickpocketing for pigs, now I'm working on the sneak system. To be sneaky during dusk, you have to be in a tree or bush, or in some grass, or against a boulder, to be hidden. And out of the light. Not in complete darkness, but not in the light. At the full moon, you can sneak around, free from almost any trouble. Also started the throwing knives, which will be 1-use, do a small amount of damage, and can have poison applied or be sharpened to cause a bleed or poison effect.

Finished the normal throwing knives! Deal less damage than a boomerang, but are insanely fast. Cost: 2 twigs, 4 flint, 1 rope, and you get 2 out of this. Most of the time, the knife will break on use - but there's a very low chance a thrown knife will survive and stick into the target and can be picked up once it dies.

When holding the knife, Warfarin doesn't appear to have anything in their hand.

post-286034-0-36376100-1395786008_thumb.

I will be making it play a different animation while stuck inside the target.

I meant their. They were originally going to be a female archer-type character named Waleria, and I just woke up.

It's fine. Either way, I can't wait to test them out when they're completely done and up for download. They really look and sound fantastic so far. ^^

It's fine. Either way, I can't wait to test them out when they're completely done and up for download. They really look and sound fantastic so far. ^^

Shouldn't be too long. Just need to finish the daggers, throwing knives, bow, arrows, hoods, and smoke grenade. Shouldn't be too long - maybe a week.

Two of the arrow types done! I'll just put a list of the arrow types I've done here.

NORMAL: Deals more damage than the blow dart. used flint.

HEAVY: Shoot at walls to make a big bang and distract enemies. Deals low damage. Uses a rock as the tip.

POISON: Damage over time. Takes a while to kick in. Uses a normal arrow and poison. Still not sure what to make the poison out of.

WATERPut out fires. Useful in two ways: Being near light makes you unable to sneak. Take out the light to stay hidden. And  put out unwanted fires. Uses ice. RoG DLC only.

EXPLOSIVE: You go pew, it goes bewm. Uses gunpowder.

To equip the arrows, you need a bow in your inventory. the bow itself is 1 board, 6 rope, and two bow arms, the bow arms requiring 2 marble, 4 cut stone (Seems to act as metal in this game), and 2 gold nuggets.

Here are the two current arrow types. I decided to make the water arrow have a shard of ice tied to the stick with rope. Reign of Giants DLC required to get the water arrow due to the recipe.

post-286034-0-35808300-1395835688_thumb.

Treeguards are now useful to Wafarin!

You can use a neutral treeguard as cover to hide from enemies. Want to move between specific locations without being caught? You can set up walls and shoot them with a rock arrow to make the treeguard move to the wall, and then shoot the next one. I would put up a video, but my fraps stuffed up and I'm too lazy to fix it.

post-286034-0-90705000-1396074411_thumb.

Finished all the arrow types and the bow, and the hood is possibly done. Just need the smoke grenade, another item that will remain a secret, and the select screen big portrait and I'll be able to release the mod!

post-286034-0-23803500-1396187794_thumb.

I replaced the poison arrow idea with the arrow covered in spikes that you see next to the normal arrow. It deals much more damage and causes the target to bleed for 5 damage every 2 seconds. You can shoot more spiked arrows to stack the bleed effect.

The hood provides limited protection from enemies seeing you. By limited, I mean they'll know you're there and some monsters, such as hounds, will follow you, but not attack you. It also drains sanity.

Unfortunately, I may have to wait until I'm no longer sick to draw the bigportrait.

Paint.net for character and item artwork. Photoshop for larger pictures, like the select screen portraits and such.

Really, Paint.net? I mean, your artwork is phenomenal (and I just saw the art you did for the Mark mod, goodness), and I just tried to draw in Paint.Net, and it was just....no.

Do you have any specific settings, or something?

Really, Paint.net? I mean, your artwork is phenomenal (and I just saw the art you did for the Mark mod, goodness), and I just tried to draw in Paint.Net, and it was just....no.

Do you have any specific settings, or something?

Needs to be high-resolution and, I'unno... The brush just feels nice for drawing the atlases. Photoshop feels too... smooth and the lines look much less "full". I think paint.net absolutely horrible for doing anything else apart from basic cropping.I like to draw the lines insanely thick and then use the eraser tool to thin them and shape them to get the nice hand-drawn look.

EDIT: Just finished drawing this baby! It's a mask that gives Warfarin the ability to tame hounds and breathe smoke that suffocates the victim and heals hounds. It's made of LOTS of marble!

And by tame I mean they'll follow Warfarin and not attack them until attacked while the mask is worn.

post-286034-0-81771100-1396624674_thumb.

whoa this looks brilliant I cant wait to use this mod

:yaypigs:   

Thanks to my awesome immune system, I'm getting over this horrible flu rather quickly. Still too sick to do the select screen portrait, but the mod will be out before too long.

My throat feels like I swallows a handful of pins and my balance is so off I managed to trip over my own big toe... I mean, like, I managed to step on my big toe with the same foot that the big toe was on.

Archived