[Character Mod] Satori, The Mind Reader [Beta]

Shia

DYOBpht.jpg

Description

A character mod based on Satori Komeiji from Touhou Project.

Satori is a mind reading youkai. Her ability made her hated by humans and other youkai who fear their secrets being exposed, but made her loved by the animals who normally can't be understood. After knowing that her little sister is lost somewhere in the island she decided to look for her to bring her back home.

Character Abilities

Stats

-Hunger: 150

-Health: 100

-Sanity: 250

-Wendy's attack modifier

Perks

-Can read the thoughts of the creatures around her.

-Can tame pets by giving them food. Every pet has their specific taming item(s).

-The animals don't fear her but she is not liked by humanoid creatures such as pigmen.

-Has a high base sanity but loses it for hurting the animals who trust her.

-Has a sanity bonus while she is in caves.

Tameable Pets

-Rabbit: Gives a sanity boost. Can be picked up.

ipQAsOv.jpg

-Beefalo: Assists Satori in combat and protects her from any danger. Drops manure from time to time.

b4FoiJf.jpg

-Koalefant: Defensive pet. Prevents freezing in winter. Drops manure from time to time.

wiA5ref.jpg

-Tallbird: Attack pet. Can be fed monster meat but doesn't like new pets.

tumblr_inline_n7dwtaRiQA1r1m4n0.jpg

Mod's Features

-Custom art, portraits and icons (including minimap and morgue ones).

-Custom character strings.

-Modified behaviour on several npcs.

-Custom strings on several npcs (thoughts).

-Custom battle AI for pets. They stop attacking their target if Satori runs away.

-Hunger system for pets. You need to feed them or they'll leave her.

-Custom sanity penalties.

-Modified intro.

-Custom music.

Art: Shia

Coding: Terri

Satori's strings: Wally

Notes

-Compatible with RoG but she doesn't have any special feature from the DLC yet.

-The mod is tested without any other mod activated. If you have a mod that changes behaviours/creatures prefabs it might not work well.

To do

-Add more "thoughts" to npcs.

-Add more tameable pets.

-Add Koishi (Satori's little sister) as an unlockable character.

-Rewrite/modify the game's ending.

Download Links

- Steam Workshop

- Klei Downloads

I checked Waverly's mod and it's really impressive! It'll help us in more than one way with this mod, so thank you very much KidneyBeanBoy for directing me to it.

In other news, I have uploaded the mod to the "Downloads" section of the forum. Here

Thank you for doing a "lets play" of the mod Ileter! Unfortunately, I can't understand anything you say (is it polish?) but I appreciate the gesture and I hope that you're enjoying the mod.

Watching others play helps me figure out which things I need to change or fix so it's always a good thing!

Thank you for doing a "lets play" of the mod Ileter! Unfortunately, I can't understand anything you say (is it polish?) but I appreciate the gesture and I hope that you're enjoying the mod.

Watching others play helps me figure out which things I need to change or fix so it's always a good thing!

Yes, it's polish. It's really great mod :) I hope there will be added too her sister. I can't wait for more! :D

New update for the mod!

• Added a sanity penalty for making earmuffs.
  • Minor changes in strings: taming hints for beefalo are more obvious and they say different lines during mating season.
  • Pet koalefant can no longer be fed grass but can last more days without eating.
  • Pet koalefant now sleeps at night.
  • Add follow/stay commands for pet beefalo and pet koalefant. Right click on them to make them stay in a place and right click again for them to follow you.
  • Minimap icons for pet beefalo and pet koalefant.
  • Added custom battle music.
  • Satori receives a sanity buff while she is in caves.

If you find any error, crash, something that needs fixing or a suggestion, please tell me.

Yes, it is a problem with the version, you need to have the game updated to the last version of All's Well That Maxwell (the DLC is not necessary).

You can open the modinfo.lua file and change api 5 to 4 and the mod will load. However, for that update some things related to the mod changed so any problem or crash you'd have after doing that we won't be able to help since we're not using the same version.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but breaking down Pigmen homes with a hammer does not cause the Pigmen to become hostile. I assume this is due to the modified behavior they have towards Satori, but it doesn't seem right that you can just easily break down their homes for easy planks, refined stone, and pig skin. 

Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't sure what happened when using normal characters so I tried and the pigs don't attack them either.

Anyways, changing it so the pigs attack Satori if she's breaking their house should be something doable.

@tedkazinski I have no idea why that happens. It seems like there's a problem with your game getting the right size but so far no one had a problem with textures since I changed them to ARGB. Does it happen with other custom characters or only with Satori?

=============================

In other news, we'll be releasing a new update for the game soon. We mostly worked on fixes but we're also adding that pigmen become aggressive after breaking their house as @Keychain suggested.

Qejxvl4.jpg

Archived