Alright. From now on, if I say something is "Work in progress" chances are it really means "I wrote this in four minutes, it's probably going to be terrible and when I go to revise it later I'm going to cringe at every word."

Yep. that sounds about right, here's the revised version, albeit with a bit of content omitted for the time being

---------------

Shane Sorerani ( Sor-eh-ra-nee )

Family - Brother to Azure (Frequently called Azura) Sorerani
         -----
         -----

Appearance - Plain, Jet-black hair, his hair obscures one of his eyes although he's able to see fine through it, He has dark-blue eyes , He is thin, and weighs about 125 lbs, he has an unusually pale complexion generally wears a dark-grey hoodie (tends to have his hood up nearly all the time) His outfit generally remains plain and unadorned aside from his dagger that he holds in a small pouch latched onto his belt, when working, or  preferring mobility over the seclusion of his hoodie he wears a pair of fairly tight jogging pants, and a dark grey (similar to the color of the shadows) t-shirt that's about half a size to small for him.

Height - 5 Feet 5 Inches Tall

Age - 17

Personality - Shane is quite the recluse, he doesn't have many friends and really only enjoys the company of his sister, he'll tolerate being around a group of people but he certainly won't be happy about it, He tends to be level-headed most of the time and is usually praised for his above-average intelligence, although he is quick to anger he's also able to be (usually) calmed down just as quickly by a soothing word (or certain action) from (a) certain individual(s)

Physical Abilities - He's not very athletic but is able to do a few simple parkour moves and he's able to walk silently in his tennis shoes, although he can move faster and quieter whenever he isn't wearing footwear. His strength is nothing to marvel at usually he can hardly do three pull-ups at a time, constantly teased about this in his middle-school and (especially) high-school years has left his physical fitness a sore subject, considering his powers and what will happen if his anger gets out of control, it's often best to steer clear of that particular subject matter. He's also able to run quickly as a result of how thin and light he is.

Powers - He is able to manipulate shadows to various ends, he's able to use them to conceal himself and others better than usual, able to even make people and objects completely disappear from sight, although using it to that extent tires him out quickly, ---------------------------------------- the worst thing that has happened so far as a result of over-using this ability is Shane was in a coma for a week or so, but ended up coming out with a bit of confusion, but otherwise no permanent damage was done. He is also, to an extent able to form darkness into corporeal objects, however, abusing this power can lead to ------------------ The largest object he has been able to create so far is a Sword about 3 feet long, the most complex being a makeshift firearm that fired bullets of pure darkness.

Weapons - Aside from his powers Shane doesn't like to carry around many weapons, although he does have two things, firstly, a dagger that has a purplish-tint to the metal of it's blade, it isn't made of steel but something much sharper, it's a bit of a family heirloom so no-one in the family, at least as far as Shane knows, has any inkling of the material it is made of, the metal never gets dull, and is almost always somewhat bloodstained as Shane hasn't learned how to properly clean the blade, he wears it in a pouch that is latched to his belt. Secondly, after his disastrous attempt at making a firearm, he started carrying around a small handgun that he usually has  clipped to the side of his belt

Other - He can speak the Japanese language semi-fluently, although he pretty much learned the language so he could watch un-subbed anime and read different Japanese manga, he hopes to one day move to Tokyo and live there for at least a year. He claims to have a taste for blood and uses that as a excuse for his semi-frequent cutting, many have contested this although several people admit that they have seen his eyes turn more and more red the longer he goes without any, his temper also seems to get worse but it's hard to say considering how quick to anger he already is. He usually hates explaining this to others when they ask about his scars, so most people are left to their own assumptions.

---------------------------

There's also a fair bit of "Connect-the-dots" here.

*hint* Unusually pale complexion, has a taste for blood

Edited by Blazingice26

Sakerarenai

------

Chapter 3 -
Part 2 -
The Forest

With a sigh I sat down next to my campfire, defeated, I couldn't see it, couldn't touch it, so how was I supposed to get rid of it? I can't even avoid it as there's no way of knowing where it is until it's to late... but how could such a thing exist? Lurking only in total darkness, somehow sensing where anything that enters the darkness is, and oddly, only preying on humans. I've seen the spiders and rabbits sleeping outside when darkness falls, why doesn't it target them? It's as if the only reason for its existence is to terrorize me, and whoever else happens to be stuck out here.

No sooner did the thought enter my mind then I thought immediately of Willow. Had she succumbed to the night monsters claws? No, she had that lighter that I made for her so she'd stop using up all of our matches, it was a pretty old thing, fairly large, cylindrical shaped with quite a few dents and scratches on it, the misshaped flower she painted on it oh so long ago has almost completely faded. Still, the thing barely used any fluid, giving it an almost indefinite flame that hardly ever needed refueling, it worked quite well for her given the size of the flame and how little money I had to spend refueling it, I can see why she still clings to it.

Suddenly my train of thought was broken by an odd smell, was something burning? It wasn't my campfire, as, oddly enough it was entirely smokeless and didn't project any odor at all, so, where could that scent be coming from? I stood up from my comfortable spot next to my fire to see if i could find out what was burning. Swiveling my head around to get a better view of the area, and sure enough, there was a bright blaze a couple miles away, producing a plume of smoke that was floating towards my camp. Alright, now I know where the fire is coming from, but who, or what started it?

Oddly enough, the idea that Willow had set the fire never crossed my mind, maybe I was just to distracted with the matters at hand, but nonetheless, I cobbled together a torch out of some twigs and used grass as kindling, lit it on the campfire and started on my walk towards the burning forest.

The walk, honestly, was pretty uneventful, after all, in the middle of the night, not much stirs except for the spiders whose eyes I could occasionally see glowing just out of the area my torch lit. None of them attacked me, just looked at me with an odd curiosity in their eyes, all eight of them. Other than that I picked a few saplings and harvested some tall grass to replenish the stock I lost making the torch, once I arrived at the forest however, was an entirely different story.

Once I had finally reached the forest, the fire had died down from a huge inferno back down to a small ember, then finally gone completely out as the sun rose, leaving the forest almost entirely burned down, and covering just about everything within twenty feet of the forest covered in a layer of soot, there was little hope of finding The Fire-starter now, hours after the fire had gone, but I felt compelled to at least search around a little, determined not to have wasted the trip down here.

What I found was... unnerving, at best,

A couple of hours after I started searching, I was getting ready to start on the journey back home, since I hadn't found anything intersting nor useful since I had gotten here. While I was leaving the forest I thought I saw something a couple meters off course. Was that... a body? After walking a couple feet I saw it wasn't Willow, as this person had bright blonde hair, well, I assumed it was bright. It was horribly dark now that it was covered in smoke. After a couple more minutes I reached her, she was lucky to have survived, but boy, the fire had done quite a number on her. Her clothes were, like her hair, covered in smoke, but also completely singed off in places. For some reason she had plenty of cuts and bruises, many of the former still bleeding and giving the ground an eerie red tint where she was lying. Oddly enough however, the bright red flower she was wearing in her hair was seemingly untouched, pristine, even.

However, there wasn't much time to dwell on her appearance and how she ended up this way, I could ask her that when she woke up, if she woke up. There's not to good of a chance that she will survive if I don't do something, and fast.

Ugh, what can I do!? The cuts I could just bandage up and leave it at that, but there wasn't much I could do about the burns and bruises, what to do... what to do...

In the end I just decided to take this one step at a time, and as I could easily fix up the cuts, which seemed the most pressing what with most of them still bleeding, was the first thing I started on, gathering as much grass as I could from the surrounding area I started to bandage her up as best as I could until all the cuts had stopped bleeding and I was satisfied with my work

By the time I finished it was already around noon and, since there was very little I could do about the burns I just decided to leave them be for now. Now came the question as to what I was going to do with her, I certainly can't just leave her, the night monster would kill her as soon as dusk came, rendering all my work to keep her alive for naught. After pondering about it for a little while I settled upon carrying her back to a different forest, one not completely burned down and setting up camp there until she woke up. So, I picked her up and started down a path towards a fresh forest, one that would hopefully be rife with berry bushes and other food source of all kinds.

-------------------

Sorry I haven't been posting anything for a while, haven't had a computer or internet for the better part of the month, hope this makes up for my absence

p.s. I added a small reference to don't starve in this, see if you can find it, 10 points to whoever does [:razz:]

edit - formatting errors

I see it has been a while since this was posted. Have you abandoned this series? If not, when can I expect the next one? I'm really enjoying this, and I'd very much like to see what happens next.

I've cleaned up this comment a bit. Again, looking forward to the continuation of this.

Edited by T4T3RGR3NAD3R

I see it has been a while since this was posted. Have you abandoned this series? If not, when can I expect the next one? I'm really enjoying this, and I'd very much like to see what happens next.

thenecroitburns

Actually, you've caught me at a good time

I *had* abandoned this series for the longest time, but i've recently taken up writing it again, so if you follow the page, you'd be pretty likely to see something in the next couple of days/months (hopefully the former)

Thanks for the concern though

(Also, it's considered bad form to quote walls of text)

So he's a writer?

How random, cracked me up!

Indeed I am. However, I've had a particularly hard time writing anything of value, thus the lack of updates. 

Here, have a Squigly I drew a bit ago as a sorry.

(Regrettably no Leviathan, But I was under time constraints ;-;)

post-287842-0-91724300-1414537788_thumb.

• Like 1