Tesla tree?

We have no idea what it could be. And for all we know, it actually could be some naturally occurring lightning rod, even though it doesn't look natural. There are files for a small tesla tree and a tall tesla tree, though the tall tree file is empty.

Could be a tower defense, like the Houndius Shootius.  Command and Conquer used them as a tower defense: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tesla_coil.    Require a component from one of giants (spring I'd suppose), just like the Shootius requires Clopsy's eye.    Although two sizes does kind of suggest they might naturally occur in some way.  Or maybe the smaller requires volt goat horns, larger requires giant component.

Could be a tower defense, like the Houndius Shootius.  Command and Conquer used them as a tower defense: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tesla_coil.    Require a component from one of giants (spring I'd suppose), just like the Shootius requires Clopsy's eye.    Although two sizes does kind of suggest they might naturally occur in some way.  Or maybe the smaller requires volt goat horns, larger requires giant component.

That would make sense.  Smaller one would be the poor man's turret.

• Developer

Maybe it could appear in some sort of Tesla Forest biome, and this can be where volt goats inhabit.

That was the original idea. I think the tree was actually the first thing we made for the DLC. The biome itself was going to be a key part in a larger system that we scrapped, so the rest of the biome went with it. We liked the Volt Goats so much that we decided to keep them, which is why you still see them in the game!

That was the original idea. I think the tree was actually the first thing we made for the DLC. The biome itself was going to be a key part in a larger system that we scrapped, so the rest of the biome went with it. We liked the Volt Goats so much that we decided to keep them, which is why you still see them in the game!

So no ingame tesla tree? awwwww

I would really like to know some of the scrapped ideas someday... ^ ^

I'm guessing it would involve something about the whole forest getting supercharged.

I'm guessing it would involve something about the whole forest getting supercharged.

What was interesting to me was he said the "BIOME ITSELF" was the key part in a "larger system".  Larger than a biome?!   Such mystery...

So we are not going to get any tesla trees, eh?  )=

I was really hoping for more advanced science stuff

So we are not going to get any tesla trees, eh?  )=

I was really hoping for more advanced science stuff

Maybe hearing how much people were disappointed about it not being in the game will encourage Klei to incorporate them.  Then again, Bryce didn't say the trees were removed, he said the biome they were designed for was removed, so perhaps there's still hope.

Maybe hearing how much people were disappointed about it not being in the game will encourage Klei to incorporate them.  Then again, Bryce didn't say the trees were removed, he said the biome they were designed for was removed, so perhaps there's still hope.

Yes! We demand it! I want more science!

Tumblr_mn8w2wxRXk1s5srbqo1_500.gif

Archived