That's just a rough idea, but it would be cool if a farmplot has a chance to grow a nightmare plant that attacks you. Just to make farming not so easy as it is now and bring some evil suprises.

Maybe even different types of nightmare vegetable:
- type 1 : spitting acid
- type 2 : taking slowly control over other farmplots until it's killed
-type 3 : walking plant that is trying to eat you.

What do you think about this? If you have more ideas for nightmare plants, please write it down.

How about in the game there could be Fly trap plants grown near a frog pond in a grass field or swamp who would eat bees, killer bees, butterflies and mosquito or any other bugs that might be in the game) and would bite anything else that gets near it.

If you kill them and replant them, they could grown from their mouth another fly trap and then couldn't harm you until you harvest them (like beebox and fleshy lightbulb a bit like) and then you'd have another Fly trap to grow. They would be like a bug farm and they wouldn't be attacked or attack the frogs thought (to not constantly die out). If you kill them and they have killed any bugs then they would give out anything that those bugs could leave (e.g. Stinger, honey, butterfly wings, mosquito sack).

It could be farmed in a farm, like you said and bring danger unless killed, but would have like 1% chance of being grown by seeds? You could plant them like fleshy lightbulb plant.

Along time ago I think Kevin was the dev who posed the idea of the farm plot sometimes creating a evil plant. I think this was turned around into the Eyeplant, but I would still like the old idea as well.

Along time ago I think Kevin was the dev who posed the idea of the farm plot sometimes creating a evil plant. I think this was turned around into the Eyeplant, but I would still like the old idea as well.

Yeah that's why I thinking about that. But it never happened. I still think it would be very interesting.

We need Vedgepeople....^^

I found this in my archives...very old but I still smile

rimg0353.jpg

lol nice! You mean people like the pigmen and merms?

Maybe I will do some drawings, too.

What if you could get beans? And if you plant them you would grow a giant beanstalk to the sky world?! Man me and my ideas. Next thing you'll know I'll be talking about going into space in don't starve :~

What if you could get beans? And if you plant them you would grow a giant beanstalk to the sky world?! Man me and my ideas. Next thing you'll know I'll be talking about going into space in don't starve :~

I'm pretty sure that's what the Up and Away mod is doing...

This could be interesting. If we can go down to the caves, why not go into the clouds, too. The new cloud biome... I could imagine some really weird creatures there. But I'm getting off topic. xD

But beans would be cool.

Don't give it a random chance to grow from normal seeds. Give it special "mystery" seeds, or maybe it grows from seeds planted while insane. :-)

But a random chance would make it more suprising. :) Why should sombody plant enemies?

Farming is already really good (with the bucket-o-poop it gets buffed even more). So why not give it a little risk? :D

This could be interesting. If we can go down to the caves, why not go into the clouds, too. The new cloud biome... I could imagine some really weird creatures there. But I'm getting off topic. xD

But beans would be cool.

I got flashbacks to Super Mario...

Bro-orc-oli is awesome, BTW!

I also like the idea of "crazy seeds" planted when you go insane.  That fits nicely with the beardling mechanic while opening some interesting possibilities.

We could just let the Durian start doing something creepy at night in the garden... never trust the Durian!

But a random chance would make it more suprising. :-) Why should sombody plant enemies?

Farming is already really good (with the bucket-o-poop it gets buffed even more). So why not give it a little risk? :grin:

I was gonna run off the assumption that our little plant demon has a special drop. ;)

Giving mechanics risk is OK, but don't base it completely off of something uncontrollable like RNG. Maybe give it a random chance to grow, but only in a certain season, weather, or even biome.

I was gonna run off the assumption that our little plant demon has a special drop. ;)

Giving mechanics risk is OK, but don't base it completely off of something uncontrollable like RNG. Maybe give it a random chance to grow, but only in a certain season, weather, or even biome.

But don't you think this would made it too controllable? Where is the challenge? Random situations are the most fun. But that's just my opinion. :)

I got flashbacks to Super Mario...

Bro-orc-oli is awesome, BTW!

I also like the idea of "crazy seeds" planted when you go insane.  That fits nicely with the beardling mechanic while opening some interesting possibilities.

We could just let the Durian start doing something creepy at night in the garden... never trust the Durian!

Yeah this would make the insanity mechanics even more interesting. And you still don't know what will grow in your farm. This would make it controllable and still give it a chance that something goes wrong. This could work. :)

The smelly durian was always suspicious to me.

But beans would be cool.

Phoenix. If that really happened, I won't play DLC's until they add phoenix

OT: Evil beans.

Archived