Adventure mode DLC?

Just curious if the developers have said whether Reign of Giants would include anything related to the Adventure mode, or caves? I haven't been following all the posts as closely as I'd like, but additions to these modes (ok, the latter is just a biome) would be a delight.

I bring up Adventure mode as I spend most of my time in there. However, "caves" I reference due to an off handed line of text I read that specified only above ground content for this DLC. 

Well, the adventure mode don't include caves as well so i think it's more likely that the adventure mode will stay how it is now. Also, not everyone will buy the DLC so the experiences on adventure mode could be different for those who bought.

Well, the adventure mode don't include caves as well so i think it's more likely that the adventure mode will stay how it is now. Also, not everyone will buy the DLC so the experiences on adventure mode could be different for those who bought.

I thought there were caves? I swear I remember someone saying about having an underground camp in adventure mode at one point

I've never seen a cave in the Adventure mode, but I keep coming across sandbox-mode features I never expected to find (like touch stones). Perhaps they're out there, somewhere.

Anyhoo, especially with the inclusion of the new biomes, it seems like a perfect opportunity to add a new mode or two to compete with Archipelago, Cold Reception and the rest. 

I've never seen a cave in the Adventure mode, but I keep coming across sandbox-mode features I never expected to find (like touch stones). Perhaps they're out there, somewhere.

Anyhoo, especially with the inclusion of the new biomes, it seems like a perfect opportunity to add a new mode or two to compete with Archipelago, Cold Reception and the rest. 

I think also if you have caves off in the sandbox save the adventure mode on that save also doesn't have caves?? I dunno

I think also if you have caves off in the sandbox save the adventure mode on that save also doesn't have caves?? I dunno

Well, by the same reasoning that would mean having tallbirds, hounds and what have you off in your sandbox save would also translate to adventure mode, which isn't true. I think caves were just disabled for spawning all together in adventure mode. You can trust me, after playing nothing but adventure mode for months now, I can tell you there's never been an opportunity to visit the caves.

Well, by the same reasoning that would mean having tallbirds, hounds and what have you off in your sandbox save would also translate to adventure mode, which isn't true. I think caves were just disabled for spawning all together in adventure mode. You can trust me, after playing nothing but adventure mode for months now, I can tell you there's never been an opportunity to visit the caves.

Must of been back when caves were in beta

I agree with this logic. Plus they intentionally said they would only be working on the overworld for the DLC, so that leaves me to believe the optional side paths such as caves and adventure mode won't be touched.

I don't think anything in DLC will have anything added to the adventure mode (except the game's existing creatures, items etc. will most likely from the DLC) because when you finish the adventure mode you it puts up a poster after your character gets captured or whatever which says that there might be something more to the adventure mode someday, but I doubt it will be the DLC but rather the future updates that'll change the adventure mode forever. I'm thinking one day you'll be able to rescue Maxxwell's assistant, Charlie was it? I allways wonder if she and the night monster are called Charlie, is it that she got captured too and has something to do with all this or something? I mean even All's well that maxwell puzzle didn't explain what happened further...

They wouldn't have to change adventure mode. They could add a separate adventure mode which consists of new worlds. But yeah, I agree that they shouldn't alter the current adventure mode.

Of course, I realize sayin' this is kinda pointless, since they are not adding this in the DLC either way.

Of course, I realize sayin' this is kinda pointless, since they are not adding this in the DLC either way.

Not pointless. It helps illustrate the desire and demand. Even if they don't feed it with this DLC, perhaps it'll help highlight it as a priority in the future. 

Anyhoo, thanks one and all for chiming in. It's good to know I wasn't hallucinating the over-world emphasis of Reign. 

I don't remember where but i have seen somebody mentioning about nightmare mode, or some place (dimension)

I believe this was during a live stream for one of the updates for Don't Starve. I don't quite remember which one, but all Kevin said was that he'd write a note down about it saying that it's a good idea.

Archived