Don't Starve PS4 - Patch Notes (Now available in Europe!)

Wade

Isn't adventure mode enough?  I don't understand the reason for the difficulty involved with locating Maxwell's gate and then spawning Wes.  First off, I'm super pissy about the Wes spawn bug and now that's been fixed finally.  

But what happens if you have spawned Wes but not unlocked his trophy, do you get a second chance?  Can you check for bugs related to that issue.  Also, I really don't see why you want to torture us into starting a new world every time we loose our Adventure Mode portal. 

Couldn't you just rig the game so that once we have found the portal, it can become a menu option like "Adventure Mode" is on the menu and the first time you find the portal in the game it becomes unlocked.  Just an idea.

Making the portal as an in-game item is really annoying.  I'd say to the point that it takes the fun out of the game.  Once I find the portal, that game ceases to be fun, and my goal is only to "Keep the Portal Open" rather than continuing on with that world and what I have created, so survival is not really the issue, building a world is no longer relevant.

On Wes, why not release him from the 3rd world of Adventure Mode curse.  Couldn't you somehow spawn him into the regular map around day 15-20 or so?  

What the reason for hating trophies so much?  Since they exist we have to deal with their existence.  If they did not exist, things would be better overall, for everyone.  Urging people to complete games to 100% is pure idiocy from a money making financial aspect as it makes people play the same one game longer rather than buying new games.  The CEOs would never allow it to continue if they ever figured this aspect of it out.  Not to mention the extreme turn off that trying new games has now become, because once we try a game it appears on the trophy list.  I can name about 5 PS4 games that I would have bought if not for the fear of the trophy list.

Archived