smooth-landing

• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Don't Starve PS4 - Patch Notes (Now available in Europe!)

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Wade

Wade
  • Super Moderator

• 5564 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hey all,

We've now gone live with a new patch for Don't Starve PS4 which will fix a lot of the issues that some people are encountering in the game, along with some changes which should improve the player experience. Unfortunately, this patch is currently only available for the North and South American markets, but will be available to the European markets early next week.

Don't Starve: Console Edition

Version 1.01

Improvements:
- New HUD Size Settings:  We've now added a "HUD Size" option to the Settings screen to allow the player to increase or decrease the size of the HUD and in-game text to improve the readability when playing on smaller displays.

- Auto Save Improved:  We have changed the Auto Save feature so that it will now automatically save the game after every full day in Gameplay. We have added an option to Settings to allow the player to toggle the daily auto save on and off. 

- Better Rock Lobster A.I.:  Rock Lobster followers will now function properly when travelling between the surface and the caves.

Fixes:
-  Addressed rare crashes related to attempting actions on world objects while they are being lit on fire, and certain rare creatures being spawned into the world.

-  Addressed issues with part of Mini-Map disappearing or displaying wrongly under certain circumstances.

-  Fixed an issue with resurrection after dying in the ruins and descending back into them.

-  The Wes unlockable character will now spawn correctly in Adventure mode.

#2 NgXAlex

NgXAlex

• 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hello Wade, many thanks for the patch.

Hope it will be available within the next days in France.

Thanks.

;)

Edited by NgXAlex, 08 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#3 RockoChops

RockoChops

• 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

HUD size much appreciated!  Item percentages were a little hard to see from the couch :)

#4 NgXAlex

NgXAlex

• 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Wade, do you think if it's possible to add an option to hide automatically after a certain time the construction menu and the inventory (in fact the complete HUD lol) because my Panasonic Plasma TV don't appreciate persistent pictures...

Or maybe an option to set the transparency ?

My plasma tv will thank you lol

;)

Edited by NgXAlex, 08 February 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#5 VMini91

VMini91

• 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Thank You! I've experienced all of the bugs but I'm still addicted. Great work and great game!

#6 cnsunshu

cnsunshu

• 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

- Fixed an issue with resurrection after dying in the ruins and descending back into them.

I'm afraid this is not fixed for me :mad-new:

#7 MakaveliRr

MakaveliRr

• 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

We're is the UK patch ..?

#8 NgXAlex

NgXAlex

• 52 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

We have to wait the Europe release of the patch. Hope for this week.

#9 Liqu1dShadow

Liqu1dShadow

• 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the update. I hope this means the fog regenerating over the map is fixed.

I was wondering if you were aware of the pengull bug? They have disappear after my first few winters and haven't returned since. I have tried walking all around the water coast at winter time with no results. I know this is a wide spread problem, as I have come across multiple other players experiencing the same issue.

I hope you guys can look into this soon, I'm loving the game by the way :)

#10 veb4713

veb4713

• 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hey Wade. Do you think it would be possible to add the options for making MORE of the world preset options on the PS4? :D

#11 the truthseeker

the truthseeker
  • I believe in Chester Day

• 5435 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the update. I hope this means the fog regenerating over the map is fixed.

I was wondering if you were aware of the pengull bug? They have disappear after my first few winters and haven't returned since. I have tried walking all around the water coast at winter time with no results. I know this is a wide spread problem, as I have come across multiple other players experiencing the same issue.

I hope you guys can look into this soon, I'm loving the game by the way :-)

That's not a PS4 thing. Pengulls are a finite resource and eventually will run out after several winters (if all killed.) 

Edited by the truthseeker, 10 February 2014 - 07:29 PM.

I AM,
--the truthseeker
I Believe in Chester Day

#12 Ixador89

Ixador89

• 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Ever since the update I'm lucky to get through a single game day without the game crashing. Is this a problem for anyone else? A fix would be greatly appreciated, I know their fast at fixing these issues. Also I'm on day 366, this problem didn't occurre until after day 362 and the update.

#13 Liqu1dShadow

Liqu1dShadow

• 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

The pengulls have not all been killed. They have all stopped spawning at every location on the map.

#14 the truthseeker

the truthseeker
  • I believe in Chester Day

• 5435 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

The pengulls have not all been killed. They have all stopped spawning at every location on the map.

They die out when the season ends. Sorry if not clear. I meant the "rebirthing" of threm jumping up from the shore if you happen to go near a border. Pengulls don't go to old rookeries either. 

I AM,
--the truthseeker
I Believe in Chester Day

#15 MakaveliRr

MakaveliRr

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I actually dont understand why eu get the patch later then the US , it's always with every game?

#16 NgXAlex

NgXAlex

• 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

I actually dont understand why eu get the patch later then the US , it's always with every game?

Wade replied on an other topic:

Sorry, we'll push the Euro patch as soon as it's certified. It was originally submitted the same time as the NA version, but a technical issue forced us to have to then submit it again a couple days later.

;)

#17 Greig91

Greig91

• 46 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Is the EU patch still on for this week then? I wasn't really sure if that comment Alex quoted was regarding the reason it was to be expected later in the first place, or if Wade was saying it had been delayed beyond his early next week (now this week) estimate. I kinda assume it's the former, but just to be clear.

#18 SallyMcT

SallyMcT

• 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

They die out when the season ends. Sorry if not clear. I meant the "rebirthing" of threm jumping up from the shore if you happen to go near a border. Pengulls don't go to old rookeries either. 

Well, the icons where they once were are still there. I don't know why they don't just disappear after winter.

#19 PeteIsStarvin

PeteIsStarvin

• 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Any update on the EU patch release?

#20 Greig91

Greig91

• 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Yeah even a yes or no as to whether or not we should still expect it this week would be great. Technically we're into late this week now lol.