The seventh update for the Incognita Alpha. Anno nova.
Welcome to a new year! I hope you all had a great holiday.
The meta loop has begun. Playing the game (winning or losing ) will earn you metapoints (working name) which are used to unlock new teams, access to new items and quests, new skill, etc.
We've made some design changes to the arc of the game. This update starts to bring those changes forward. You do not select corporations to infiltrate now. The order is chosen randomly each time you play. We wanted more control of the game difficulty and play length. As well, we have some new dials to turn that will increase replay-ability.
We've started to make some adjustments to the difficulty curve. We want to see the earlier levels become a little easier and shorter.
A monetary incentive to stealth has been added. At the end of each level Players are charged 100 credits for each kill as a clean up fee to the agency. Not killing any guards earns a bonus of 500 credits.
Change list notes:
- Meta game loop added. Players earn metapoints by ending games, either by a win or a lose. Metapoints are used to unlock new choices.
- New game flow. Random corporation order selection.
- Adjustments to difficulty. Many stat adjustments to level generation and point values of items and abilities.
- "Clean up fee" stealth play incentive.
- Drones have a mainframe hacking option.