"No Buts, ands, ifs or compromises"

What do you think of these suggestions?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the stated ideas of the OP?

• I'm liking these.
    • Eh, they're ok I guess.
    • No, these would make the game to unfair.

*CAUTION LOTS OF BORING TEXT*

A while back there was a thread to suggest not any new characters, biomes, items and new enemies ut changes to the game mechanics, such as tallbird life cycles, Nerfing WX-75 and buffing the sad miserable Krampus and balancing the game a bit more. Now however these suggested changes haven't been added, and not to necro that old dinosaur I've decided to make a compiled list of the changes I could think of from the top of my head, so bear with me if I do any mistakes.

Oh yeah he's that old threads link by the Senior Strongman himself: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/28384-wishes-for-the-last-update-thread/

Don't necro it please.

Characters

So far I'm happy with all the characters and their New, strange powers (GET IT HAHA I'M SO FUNNY.) Except for one which has me stumped ever since the Insanity update..

-Flippen WX-78 being able to use Meat effigies.

Seriously. Ever since the strange New Powers update WX-78 has become the pre strange New Powers Wolfgang. Wx's rain buff can't even be called a debuff (1 damage per what 3 seconds? Even with 100 that shouldn't be a problem) The supercharge hardly does anything to him, heck it's more of a buff han a debuff. And to top it of you have a tank. Wx pretty much has no debuffs, and why would a robot made of gears, wires and metal make an effigy of of meat and still be able to resurrect (No I know what your think, this is the world where giant cyclops deer attack you and a walking furry storage until follows you around as long as you have a bone that has a blinking eye on it) But games have to have some realism to them or else it wouldn't make sense, plus Wx-78 needs some kind of Nerf. if you want a tank then download one of the many character mods in steam workshop. What I'm suggesting is that either W-78 can't build effigies or change the recipe for it to require gears.

Enemy's

So let's talk about Depth Worms. At first I was thinking "They can't be that Brutal right?" But I soon learned what terror is when you have four of those things chasing you down in the ruins. A Teo has stated depth worms should be able to surface on player made tiles and Ruin flooring. Depth worms would still a threat but not as Brutal.

Tall Bird life cycles have been suggested before countless times, (Basically talbird eggs would hatch into smallbirds, the babies would follow there mom, grow up and make nests elsewhere and the cycle would repeat over a long period of time) _Q_ as far as I now came up with the idea. Not only would it make environment more interesting but it would also nerf tallbird huntings.

Krampus, oh Krampus. You poor demon goat. Krampus use to be a fierce monster that even made wolfgang scared to get to naughty. But now even spiders laugh at him due to him being so nerfed to death. (See more info about Buffing krampus here:http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/22334-team-krampusfor-those-who-support-krampusget-a-free-t-shirt-upon-joining-aswell/) The problem is that giving Krampus more health, speed and damage won't make him harder to fight, it will just make him more annoying to fight. Now not to long ago Bryce release the Krampusnacht mod that added a feature in which a horde of buff Krampus attack your base in winter, you kill them before dawn and you get the Krampus sack, but if you don't you pay a price..Sadly by the looks of it this glorious mod won't be added in the game and Krampus might just stay the scrawny goat demon he else. (but who knows..The magical Title fairy works in mysterious ways..)

Other than that that's all I can think of for Enemy's for now. I'll add more later on.

Sanity

There's nothing here now since I'm writing this very tired and drowsy but except text here soon.

ArtWork

- Different art for each characters Meat Effigy.
- Change into the Cave generation loading screen. There's no more lava level now... And make one for the Ruins too.
- Wolfgang should have biceps too. When he does his "I am mighty" animation his triceps make his arms look floppy...

Tweaks

- Tweak Willow's perk. Now that we won't have lava caves and heat season her fire immunity is not that great...
- Tweak the Chilled Amulet for the same reasons as above.
- A use for the Compass...
- Tweak WX-78's upgrade system. Gears are abundant now and he can be upgraded fully without going into a new world. Gears are an OP source of food that can be exploited in Adv. Mode. The Telelocator Staff's lightning can be used to overcharge him at will. Also Meat Effigies shouldn't work with him, unless he's really Tony Stark.
- Make Wolfgang's middle form something more than just a more expensive beardless Wilson. And fixed bonus damage and health instead of receding ones would be great...
- Spiders making happy faces when they follow you with the Spider Hat equipped
- NERF HONEY! Well it's been said many times but once one has more than 4 bee boxes they can live solely on honey. No need for crock pots and other foods. Making the honeycomb not a 100% drop from Beehives (not drop at all from Wasp hives) or make it soo you need more flowers per beebox would be a start...
- Rain should be more damaging for everyone giving the Umbrella a use.
- Wickerbottom should have her food penalty when food is in the yellow. Also she should have her bonus work with the magic tier too, so only a science machine and prestihatitator are needed to unlock all the recipes.
- Baby tree saplings should not still be referd to as 'pinecones' with pinecones descriptions.
- Bee mines shouldn't need a plank of wood...it makes no sense; change it to saltpetre or something to fit the image.
- Ancient Guardian respawns after a long while, making horns and thulecite not finite.
- Worm appearing on the surface and more cave inhabitants invading the surface in general.
- Nerf Koalefant drops or buff the drops of Deerclops and A. Guardian. It doesn't make sense that with the drastic difference in difficulty they drop the same things.
- Stalagmites should drop nitre too.
- Better use for the Glow Berry. Super fuel for the lantern or making glowing meals.
- More uses for mushrooms
- Better use for the pumpkin lantern
- Followers do not attack each-other
- A little nerf to Depth Worm waves as they make late game caves very tedious.
- Change the recipe of the Sewing Kit to use stingers instead of teeth.
- Rock Lobsters on the surface breed too fast.

Feedback is a must, share ideas and criticism on how to balance the Game a little more.

*God I made so many spelling mistakes making this*

WX78 could have something similar to a meat effigy. Maybe a little chamber-looking contraption. I totally agree, he should have more negatives. Wendy hits less, Willow has much less sanity, Wolfgang has a higher sanity loss near enemies and the dark (Right? Never played Wolfgang much), Woodie can only chop down a few trees at a time if you don't want him to turn, Wickerbottom can't eat spoiled foods, Maxwell has very low health, and WX78 loses 1 health per second in the rain. Not much, compared to the others. 

Banana flavored: I'm not gonna fault you for bad spelling when you're wonked out at whatever unholy hour you were up at, but your choice of capitalization frightens me. You capitalize "the" but "Senior Strongman" is left with woefully wimpy Ss! S's? I was going to finish this by exclaiming the Mexican equivalent of "homeboy" but when I went to Wikitionary to copy the symbol it defined the word as a hippopotamus, so I'll just leave you with that instead. One fine-ass popotamus, you betcha.

Whoa, seriously flavored: WX-78 could definitely use a nerf, people have been saying that since the Strange New powers update. I don't think mussing with the Meat Effigy is the way do it, though. While it makes very little sense for WX-78 to be able to use something made from meat to resurrect itself, I'd much rather see something that I'll actively notice as a disadvantage that can't be worked around with a little extra caution and an amulet on hand. Since I wouldn't feel right putting down one idea without offering my own in return, how about a "violence" meter? The thing hates life, and loves to snuff it out; a necessary amount of exposure to combat (best measured out by damage dealt) that threatens to shut down all systems if you don't meet your quota would make for an interesting mechanic. Players would need to make sure they're at least fighting something every day, or a lot of things every couple of days, just to stay alive. During Winters it would help discourage turtling, and the only way to keep it from becoming an active concern would be to have unattended Spider Dens close to your base. I know this idea is a bit out there, it's just something I've jotted down without much review since it's 3 in the morning.

My shift key won't go back on my laptop keyboard, this is horrible.

Banana flavored: I'm not gonna fault you for bad spelling when you're wonked out at whatever unholy hour you were up at, but your choice of capitalization frightens me. You capitalize "the" but "Senior Strongman" is left with woefully wimpy Ss! S's? I was going to finish this by exclaiming the Mexican equivalent of "homeboy" but when I went to Wikitionary to copy the symbol it defined the word as a hippopotamus, so I'll just leave you with that instead. One fine-ass popotamus, you betcha.

Whoa, seriously flavored: WX-78 could definitely use a nerf, people have been saying that since the Strange New powers update. I don't think mussing with the Meat Effigy is the way do it, though. While it makes very little sense for WX-78 to be able to use something made from meat to resurrect itself, I'd much rather see something that I'll actively notice as a disadvantage that can't be worked around with a little extra caution and an amulet on hand. Since I wouldn't feel right putting down one idea without offering my own in return, how about a "violence" meter? The thing hates life, and loves to snuff it out; a necessary amount of exposure to combat (best measured out by damage dealt) that threatens to shut down all systems if you don't meet your quota would make for an interesting mechanic. Players would need to make sure they're at least fighting something every day, or a lot of things every couple of days, just to stay alive. During Winters it would help discourage turtling, and the only way to keep it from becoming an active concern would be to have unattended Spider Dens close to your base. I know this idea is a bit out there, it's just something I've jotted down without much review since it's 3 in the morning.

My shift key won't go back on my laptop keyboard, this is horrible.

It's a habit I have of capitalizing my words since middle school, it was much worse before.

Now, a Meat Effigy statue may make more sense then you think, being that WX-78 also eats meat and such. So maybe he's some sort of biological based automaton. I do agree he needs a de-buff yet changing his crafting doesn't seem like the best way to do it. Maybe chess pieces do more damage forcing the player into deadly combat whenever the try and upgrade themselves (And that sort of makes sense that the other robots would know how to hurt another robot)

Now, a Meat Effigy statue may make more sense then you think, being that WX-78 also eats meat and such. So maybe he's some sort of biological based automaton. I do agree he needs a de-buff yet changing his crafting doesn't seem like the best way to do it. Maybe chess pieces do more damage forcing the player into deadly combat whenever the try and upgrade themselves (And that sort of makes sense that the other robots would know how to hurt another robot)

So..He only resurrects because he has meat inside his stomach,

welp vegetarians are screwed then.

Wpadając w języku polskim

vingw you better understood what I said or else I'll clobber you.

Google translate to the rescue!

wow xjurwi you said THAT?!?!?!!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweaks

- Make the Alchemy Engine harder to make and require different materials from the Science Machine like is the case for Prestihatitator and Shadow Manipulator.

- Baby tree saplings should not still be referd to as 'pinecones' with pinecones descriptions.

-Make sanity creatures immune to tooth traps. They already walk through walls so it doesn't make sense.

- Stalagmites should drop nitre too.

- Better following Abigail, make her teleport to you if she's too far away.

- Batilisks shouldn't die from eating monster meat.

You should remove the red ones as they're already in the game now.

Also about the alchemy engine... I suggested that idea back when Living Logs were hard to come by and there was a big difference in difficulty between crafting the Prestihatitator and the Shadow Maniupulator. The introduction of the Totally Normal Tree changed that, so no need to make the AE more expensive now. (even though I disagree with this, it seems that's the devs wanted things to happen)

You should remove the red ones as they're already in the game now.

Also about the alchemy engine... I suggested that idea back when Living Logs were hard to come by and there was a big difference in difficulty between crafting the Prestihatitator and the Shadow Maniupulator. The introduction of the Totally Normal Tree changed that, so no need to make the AE more expensive now. (even though I disagree with this, it seems that's the devs wanted things to happen)

I was editing out the ones that I knew that where already implanted but thanks for reminding me.

Archived