How To: Install a Mod from the Klei Downloads Page

Cheerio

Help! I have a MacBook Air and standalone Don't Starve. I have tried 2 things to get mods: First I have gone into the folder DoNotStarve where there was no mod folder.

Next I tried what everyone said to do: I went to Applications. Don't Starve was not there and so I searched it in the search bar. I right-clicked on Don't Starve and went to Show Package Contents. It had 2 folders: Contents and Extras. Following instruction, I clicked on Contents, but there was no mod folder! I tried making a folder named "mods" and dragging my mods into it, but it didn't show up under Mods in the game.

Thanks for the help!

Hi.  I am new to this.  I have the mods in the correct folder on the pc standalone game.  They are showing up on the mods section of the display in game, however, they are not showing up in game.  So, my questions are: 1. do you need to fully unzip each file in the mod for the game to read them?  I didn't think you needed to since the game screecher isn't fully unzipped but I thought I would ask and 2. when I downloaded the mod from Klei's site I was unable to see which Don't Starve it was compatible with and it is not showing up under the options of any of the mods that I downloaded on the mods selection area within the game.  That was the only thing that I thought might be the other issue is that maybe it wasn't compatible with Shipwrecked.  I don't know.  Thanks for your help.  If there are any pointers you can lend to me going forward in modding, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!!

i have dont starve shipwrecked and it is in klei entertainment and when i put Too many items mod for sw it doesnt show up and the minimap they both dont show up in the mods in the game only screecher pls help