●*●*●*● Klei Appreciation Thread ●*●*●*●

That time has finally come. It's been a long six months. But it seems as if it was only yesterday that I was reading the plans Klei had for releasing their updates. Time really does fly when you are having fun.

As we all know over the last six months the Developers have been working their socks off day and night to feed us free content and add great value to this game. What they gave us for a one off purchase and then strived to add quality updates, that added great value to Don't Starve for absolutely free is highly commendable, and you all have my deepest respect.

Not only that but you guys have always kept us in the loop and listened to all the feedback you got from members of this awesome community. I strongly believe you have made the right choices. I would also like to thank the members of the Don't Starve team who personally helped to sort out minor technical issues I had early on. The customer support you guys provide is hand on the heart, the best I have seen from any game support.

So all in all, I would like to give a big thanks to the Don't Starve team for all their hard work and dedication, the love and effort you guys put into this title goes without saying, best wishes for future releases. I'm going to miss those "Next update is imminent" screens.

Please leave comments if you share my opinion and want to thank the developers for giving us many hours of enjoyment.

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you for this very distinct* game, Klei, with its own new brand of gameplay appeal.

I appreciate the weight you put in modding support, especially the help and attention @Ipsquiggle** and @Cheerio have provided to the community. And we must all be grateful for the magical title fairy and all the glitter he's spread upon us (the least of which are titles), especially in keeping this forum a healthy, clean and ever evolving environment.

And finally, I can't help feeling utmost respect for @Bigfoot in being the founder of a groundbreaking gem in game development: the sample mod.

* Damn it, Teo.

** Whose demise was too premature. Let's all have a moment of silence in respect.

I'm awful at wording stuff like this, but.....

Thank you, Klei, for making such a beautiful, unique and in general amazing game that has given (and will continue to give) us hours of fun. The community your game has created is a great one, one that is filled with friendly and talented people...

The list of things to thank you for could just go on so...

:love_heart:   THANK YOU!    :love_heart: 

Thank you, Klei, for making this great, fun, and awesome game. Many people love it, including me. I can't wait to see what amazing content the DLC brings us!

:wilson_vforvictory:  :wilson_wink:  :wilson_smile:

Klei you're so friggen awesome I had to draw all this stuff and grind Don't Starve like my life depended on it. *cough* okay maybe not to such extents but hey, as a hardcore FPS player I had pretty much given up my hopes for games like these. Oh how wrong I'd be when I found DS back in 2012...

Luv luv Klei <3

Good job Klei on releasing this uncompromising survival game which turned out to be not as uncompromising as time in the beta passed ;). Regardless it's a game I enjoy to play and spend many hours on. And besides the core game there's the lore behind it  that I find amazing, and the ways they get discovered by *us* (from the early beta ones to the background story of Maxwell). Keep up the good work, and hope the dlc will be awesome aswell Maxwell!

It's been a blast watching Don't Starve evolve from its early-ish beta days to release and beyond.

Thanks Klei, for not only providing us with such a great game, but for also listening to and interacting with the community in a meaningful way.

Thanks Klei. You've made me absolutely love Rogue-like games, and now I'm considering looking into more of the same genre. Once I get a steady source of income once again I'll be sure to get you back by buying every game you've ever made.

The characters are all unique and, since the Strange New Powers update, offer wonderfully unique gameplay experiences. The way you changed Wolfgang from a more powerful Wilson to his own character was incredibly creative and kept him from being useless while addressing the things that made him overpowered in the first place.

We've gotten more than double the content we had when we originally bought the game (despite all the frustration people have over the optional nature of caves I absolutely love them) through your free updates, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

Finally, your forums are always buzzing with activity and against all odds (hey, this is the internet) is filled with wonderful people who've made me feel welcome and accepted.

I'm done rambling, thanks for everything Klei.

Thanks for creating such an awesome and unique game.  Don't Starve's quirky and dark artstyle made it so fun to play, and all the weird and imaginative creatures that roam the game world will be remembered for a long time.  

i wish u had add multiplyr thoug plz add multpluyr ok klei thx by

I've never played such a fun game and meet such a wonderful community. Everything about you Klei is good. I've never heard or seen an account where you've ignored us. You always gave us something to ponder about, something for us to always be excited about. You've as people say 'given us feels' with your amazing and fun puzzles and I will miss it all when the future comes and things die down. Everything is original and creative about this game and I absolutely 'love it to death' eheheh. The art style is absolutely fabulous as well!

I only wish I could say more but my admiration can not be entirely expressed in words. Keep doing what you're doing Klei, YOU'RE awesome~!

I don't think there are any combinations of words that can describe how ding dang happy I am that I discovered this game. I've bent over backwards for this fandom and it's been one hell of a ride! Cosplay, art, community, new friends, ahhhh everything!

Thanks for everything Klei.

Stay rad B) holla

Although I'm a newcomer to both game and forums (only been playing since "The Stuff of Nightmares"), this has been a wonderful experience, and I recommend the game to all of my friends.

Thank you, Klei. Thank you.

I bought this game for about 15 dollars and played over than 250 hours, I'm very happy with that . Great job klei.

And also because of that little bottum with "Forums" written in it I meet people that in other conditions I would never even try to talk with.

Also because of Wilson and Maxwell, the Tom and Jerry of the DS world.

You've made a world...

where I can be my horrible evil self

where I find I must repress my urge to cackle with glee

with a villain who is more, so much more than a saturday morning cartoon archetype

with evil carnival music

with an infinite gameplay that can be adapted to different playstyles

that has enough Lovecraftian nods and influences to scratch that biggest itch

and that unfortunately has caused me to damage my 's' key

What can I say that hasn't been said (or written) countless times already? Well, I'll try.

Thank you for not only the many hundreds of hours of playing (and cursing) for such a great game, but also for being one of the few companies that nmot only constantly listens to our feedback, but implements it (and quickly) into the games we play! 

Even the "accidental errors" which make this game even more unique! 

Again, thank you Klei, and thank you also to such a wonderful community!

Yes, even both of you you too Teo  and Battal ;) 

Archived