There's no proper ending, will Wilson ever escape? (SPOILERS)

It's a question i have been carrying around for a while, since the updates stopped and the devs once mentioned more challenges having to do with the story, will we ever see Wilson escaping the Don't Starve world?

The story still sort of feels uncomplete for me. It can't end like this, just with a loop of people being trapped in the throne.

I've always thought that at some point you would make a team with Maxwell and defeat whatever is pulling the strings of the Don't Starve world, being thrown impossible obstacles to overcome by whatever is controlling the world to stop you from finding out the mistery.

Can we get some hint from the devs or something?

I always considered the wooden thing the only way to escape the wilderness. It brings anohter unfortunate character to replace you, unless you choose to play as the same character again will say. It's interesting how the player itself gets to choose the next victim :razz:

I always considered the wooden thing the only way to escape the wilderness. It brings anohter unfortunate character to replace you, unless you choose to play as the same character again will say. It's interesting how the player itself gets to choose the next victim :razz:

Unless that character who escaped isn't being selected by another player...

It's a question i have been carrying around for a while, since the updates stopped and the devs once mentioned more challenges having to do with the story, will we ever see Wilson escaping the Don't Starve world?

The story still sort of feels uncomplete for me. It can't end like this, just with a loop of people being trapped in the throne.

I've always thought that at some point you would make a team with Maxwell and defeat whatever is pulling the strings of the Don't Starve world, being thrown impossible obstacles to overcome by whatever is controlling the world to stop you from finding out the mistery.

Yeah as Jbeetle has said, for an open-ended game it is better to have an open-ended story line. The story isn't really even about those assorted misfits, Maxwell is the true star of the show. A puppeteer may have some funny and interesting puppets, but without the puppet master it doesn't mean anything. Past adventure mode i don't think there ever will be a progressive story, and that's the way i like it. The only questions i find worth thinking about as far as Don't Starve is how and why? And that's why i suggest that if you want a story line you check out the puzzles. 

Also i hate those stupid Hollywood style movies where everything gets wrapped up, everyone gets put into pairs like Marge SImpson thinks they should and everyone is happy, so stupid.

Yeah as Jbeetle has said, for an open-ended game it is better to have an open-ended story line. The story isn't really even about those assorted misfits, Maxwell is the true star of the show. A puppeteer may have some funny and interesting puppets, but without the puppet master it doesn't mean anything. Past adventure mode i don't think there ever will be a progressive story, and that's the way i like it. The only questions i find worth thinking about as far as Don't Starve is how and why? And that's why i suggest that if you want a story line you check out the puzzles.

Also i hate those stupid Hollywood style movies where everything gets wrapped up, everyone gets put into pairs like Marge SImpson thinks they should and everyone is happy, so stupid.

I disagree with your point about the other characters a mere puppets. These misfits are people that were intentionally brought into this world and I think it would be great if we all got to know them and their connections to Maxwell, who is indeed a great character but not the sole star of the show.

I was expecting a Matrix-style fight scene between Wilson and Maxwell at the end, with the "Chateau" theme from Reloaded in the background. Sure was disappointing!

"Oh, uh, durr, sit on this here chair, durr! It gives you massages!"

"Duurrrr, I genteelman."

Gosh!

It wasn't even like that!

Maxwell: I've been bound to this chair for so long I've lost the concept of time, it's horrible. I wouldn't wish this fate on anyone, it's worse than a thousand painful deaths. You become a toy to Them, the people you love most suffer horribly, you're forced to listen to the same horrible ragtime song for a millennium. I'm not even going to bother pretending there's any reason I should be freed from th-

Wilson: I want to sit in the chair! *slams key in lock*

Maxwell: Well okay then.

We still don't know anything about half of the characters. Wolfgang's power relating to his "secret backstory"? We don't even know his backstory. All we know for sure now is that he is indeed a circus strongman who came into contact with William. That means nothing, considering that William found his true powers after the train crash.

We also missed the part where Maxwell accidentally kills Abigail. That's kind of a big one.

I disagree with your point about the other characters a mere puppets. These misfits are people that were intentionally brought into this world and I think it would be great if we all got to know them and their connections to Maxwell, who is indeed a great character but not the sole star of the show.

Actually it's because  they ordered radios and there was a fire at the factory and only the orders with people's whose names started with w survived .

On the contrary, people taking loops is actually a good ending, IMO. The characters, in a sense, are in hell. A hell from which even death is no escape - because eventually, you will play a game with them again.

The ending, in a way, seems to fit with that.

But that's just my opinion. I agree there's more that could be said.

On the contrary, people taking loops is actually a good ending, IMO. The characters, in a sense, are in hell. A hell from which even death is no escape - because eventually, you will play a game with them again.

The ending, in a way, seems to fit with that.

But that's just my opinion. I agree there's more that could be said.

For example, "break". :razz:

Well, as long as we don't go Soprano's cut to black BS, open endings are fine with me. 

Personally, I too want more "prequel" or "back-story" info on the DS characters. 

We still don't know anything about half of the characters. Wolfgang's power relating to his "secret backstory"? We don't even know his backstory. All we know for sure now is that he is indeed a circus strongman who came into contact with William. That means nothing, considering that William found his true powers after the train crash.

We also missed the part where Maxwell accidentally kills Abigail. That's kind of a big one.

Not while it's only indirectly implied, I always thought somehow Willow caused the fire that killed Wendy's sister. 

Again, why I want back-story.

'twas a programmer's joke, just ignore it. :razz:

I recently took the test again and scored about 56% geek. I got the joke still, but it's too late now for me to recover from this infection.

Gaming Nerd, I am still. 

Archived