A New Monster Beariger/tibear Updated 21/09/2013

Should bears be added?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

This would be perfect if it was an Owlbear.

It would, but then this monster would only spawn at night or dusk. I want a monster that brings more life and more player interactions, to this already brilliant game. Beefalo are the only stand out monster that shows the world in Don’t Starve is a living environment, with their ability to reproduce. My suggestion will add another monster that has baby versions of the adults. However Bearigers are not as friendly as the Beefalo :)

Also with this monster will come the Claw Trap. It essentially resembles a bear trap, it is the only trap that will deal decent damage to one.

isn't the majority of the game cute?

Depends on your perception. If you find spider queens, spiders, tree guards, clockworks, hounds, pig king, deerclops, tentacles, frogs, merms, krampus, ancient guardians, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom cute, I worry for you mate.

Depends on your perception. If you find spider queens, spiders, tree guards, clockworks, hounds, pig king, deerclops, tentacles, frogs, merms, krampus, ancient guardians, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom cute, I worry for you mate.

less so the actual animal, more so the way they're drawn. I dislike spiders in real life, but they can't compare to those cuddly DS spiders.

less so the actual animal, more so the way they're drawn. I dislike spiders in real life, but they can't compare to those cuddly DS spiders.

Don't Starve spiders in game or J20Hawkz spiders in the back garden, I still take some sort of weapon to get at one. Nasty little things. Although I do admire them when they have caught something irritating in their web :)

Spiders are cute D:<

But on-topic:I think that this is a great idea,but I can't imagine the Briger.I mean,I don't know if a tiger fits the game but a derpy(yet dangerous) bear will.

Well I wanted to make the bear look "dangerous" and less soft and cuddly. So fusing together a bear and tiger would solve that issue. Just imagine a big brown hairy grizzly bear with large saber toothed teeth with a thick dark mane and dark orange stripes covering its back, running towards you. I don't think you would think about hugging one any time soon :)

I don't like the names at all. Even Briger sounds better than Beariger or Tibear.

Apart from the name what else don't you like? You voted no? It would help a lot if you leave a comment so I can hopefully improve this idea, if I think it's a viable reason. Thanks in advance.

Archived