Invisible, Inc. Alpha Launch And Pre-Orders

59 replies to this topic

#1 jamesl

jamesl
  • Technical Designer

• 78 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hello! 

We're excited to announce that Incognita has entered Alpha! Alpha means that we have most of the core tactical espionage mechanics in the game, but we are still in the early stages of development and many major features are still being implemented and aren't in the Alpha build yet. 

Alpha means the game is still in a very early state, and we do not have many of our major features implemented! What the game will look like in this state is a single (randomly generated) level, with a few agents and little to no progression. The current Alpha build has most of our core tactical and strategic systems, as well as our engine, UI, procedural generation and so on, but is missing some major progression systems and missing most of our content, which will be developed as we get further along in the process. We do have a timeline for some of these features, so we'll share that with you when we can.  

Because the game is still in the early stages, we're expecting the game to change significantly as we test and iterate on major features. We're also expecting major bugs to pop up during the development, as much as we try to avoid them.

We have also opened up Incognita for pre-orders. Pre-ordering the game gives you access to the current alpha build, every public build through alpha and beta, and a copy of the final released game. 

Please share your thoughts and feedback with us on the forums, and we'll keep you updated on the development of the game as it progresses. 

Thanks!
James L. 

We're still working on minimum specs, but here are some recommended specs for the current Alpha build.

Recommended Alpha Specs

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows® XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core  CPU   2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2G RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card Name: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Important: right now, purchasing the game will give you access to a Steam key. The Alpha of Incognita is only downloadable through Steam, but we will have a standalone version available around launch. The alpha of Incognita is currently only available on Windows OS. Other operating systems will be available as we get closer to release.

To download the game, visit http://www.incognitagame.com

#2 William Cross

William Cross

• 67 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thank you so much for letting your players have access to the game this early. Already pre-ordered it and can't wait to get into it as soon as possible. Thanks guys!

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.

#3 igguk178

igguk178

• 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hello,

Incognita seems incredible, thanks !

Quick question, if i pre-order and play the alpha (through steam, from what i understood), once the game is finalized and released, will i receive a DRM-free build or only the steam key ?

Thanks,

#4 Wilbur

Wilbur

• 756 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Are you aiming for a mac version later on (at release or something)? Because you can't access the alpha with a mac, right? :)

I'm still waiting for Wilbur, Klei!

I'm excited for multiplayer.

#5 jjsuperspy

jjsuperspy

• 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

ye wish i could play it on my mac but still bought it so when that day comes i can play it :D

#6 ROELtja

ROELtja

• 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

I just had to be on vacation when they released the alpha... Dx Well at least I know what I'll be doing first thing when I get back home.

#7 sirmentlegen

sirmentlegen
  • Senior Citizen

• 2885 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Ill but it later this week.
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Unofficial Bacon Lord of the forum.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#8 funkaygibbo

funkaygibbo

• 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

How about a Chromebook version, I'm loving that I can play Don't Starve on my Chromebook...it's the only Chromebook game I play!

#9 DimaViper800

DimaViper800

• 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi!

Sorry, I didn't get it,

When it's done, in which form will I have the final copy in case if I buy it now?

Steam key?

Sorry for slight dumbness, it's 3 am :)

Edited by DimaViper800, 10 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#10 William Cross

William Cross

• 67 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi!

Sorry, I didn't get it,

When it's done, in which form will I have the final copy in case if I buy it now?

Steam key?

Sorry for slight dumbness, it's 3 am :-)

Steam key for now. Later on you will be able to download it DRM-free.

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.

#11 jeowchoi

jeowchoi

• 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

It's here. Huzzah!

Thanks devs for releasing Incognita this early in development. Should be fun and also constructive!

So the game plus the soundtrack will be sold at $24.99 once the pre-order discount is gone? Will post-release purchases also include a second copy, or is this only up until release?

#12 taytothief

taytothief

• 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Nice one, I don't even need to know what this is about. I trust you guys to be superdooperamazeballs.

#13 jbeetle

jbeetle
  • Señor Member

• 2936 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Will the game still give you an extra key when it hits beta?

My Let's Play Youtube Channel
Immersion is not broken by unrealistic mechanics - it's broken by inconsistent mechanics that violate expectations.
Click Here to see a cute little Chester I made give it a thumbs up if you like

#14 xzor

xzor

• 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

This is the first I've heard of this game, but I've pre-ordered, because hey, it's Klei! :D

#15 Zallman

Zallman

• 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Purchased because you guys make great freaking games. 

On the purchase page it says "Also includes an extra copy to give to a friend!" 

When does that become available to us?

Edit: Found the second key on my humble page. Ignore this post.

Edited by Zallman, 11 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#16 thew

thew

• 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I pre-ordered and got my steam key but where do we download the Alpha?  The Humble download page simply says "Downloads for Incognita not yet available".

thanks.

#17 Gnoviere

Gnoviere

• 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I am super excited for Incognita, but I'm thinking I should hold off until the game is done... I don't want to ruin it :p

#18 DimaViper800

DimaViper800

• 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Steam key for now. Later on you will be able to download it DRM-free.

Thanks for clarification!

#19 Fehij

Fehij

• 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

I pre-ordered and got my steam key but where do we download the Alpha?  The Humble download page simply says "Downloads for Incognita not yet available".

thanks.

I have the exact same problem, from the wording on the Incognita microsite we are supposed to gain access immediately, that's the reason I preordered. I hope this is resolved as soon as possible.

EDIT1: It should be clarified more that the only way to play is through steam. Plus, at this point there is no steam page for the game and redeeming a code requires a restart for it to show on the library and it being downloadable. I hope you guys try to clarify this for future customers, afterall they are paying for this early access. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fehij, 11 September 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#20 HappinessArrive

HappinessArrive

• 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

As Fehji said, and to clarify for any future Alpha customers. Once you have purchased the game:

1) Go to your humble bundle incognita page (check your email after purchase or click link after you've paid).

2) Redeem the steam code, startup steam, Go  to Games-> Activate a Product on steam -> Enter your key

3) After successfully redeeming it, it'll tell you this product is now tied to your steam account. Now Exit steam, and restart it, go to your Library and you will see "Incognita", I think it was some 400mb ish

I believe the reason it's a bit gitchy with steam, is naturally because Klei haven't uploaded all the graphics, icons etc. to steam as it's just in alpha.

And a small tip to people whom may not be aware of it, you can go fullscreen by holding alt+pressing enter.