Sign in to follow this  
JoeW

Thread Derailment - UPDATED

KidneyBeanBoy    830

Well, now we need to make a post about TOPIC derailment, considering that someone is making it into the "see how many anti's can follow up the word spider thread" topic.

jbeetle    1,764

Well, now we need to make a post about TOPIC derailment, considering that someone is making it into the "see how many anti's can follow up the word spider thread" topic.

no we don't.

Ellebelly24    184

@JoeW, if we have an art thread in Dont Starve Art, Music, and Lore, and we don't want to get off topic, are we allowed to give our website address so they can see other art you have drawn? Because I have a website, but no DA, or Tumblr. Is this considered advertising?

TeoSS69    2,203

You are more than welcome too, =)

Your 100th like is on a post with a grammatical error. I've reached my forum limit for today.

Xjurwi    1,523

Your 100th like is on a post with a grammatical error. I've reached my forum limit for today.

lolwut.

vingw    1,256

lolwut.

Well, it's supposed to be "to", not, "too". 

So, Elle is welcome TO something, not... too... like going TO something, not going to something, too, because than would imply Elle's going to something with someone else... or... something... GRAMMARS.

Edited by vingw

TeoSS69    2,203

Well, it's supposed to be "to", not, "too". 

So, Elle is welcome TO something, not... too... like going TO something, not going to something, too, because than would imply Elle's going to something with someone else... or... something... GRAMMARS.

And i liked it. And it was his 100th like. And it was glorious.

• Like 2

greenglacier    1,215

LoL! Off-Topic Area? What's next? Rainbow Dash Thread Area? So...stupid and funny :D But people need that. Alrgiht. keep calm and make tea.

• Like 3

the truthseeker    1,560

I like Trai...I mean, i have no idea what you are talking about!

All things are fine in moderation, but there comes a time when you got to all be on focus. Or somebody has to be the Richard about it. 

Long story short, if the Mods/Admins say Stop It, you Stop It or get infracted/the thread locked. 

• Like 1

23rd    765

Or somebody has to be the Richard about it. 

Hehehe..

A little bit of derailment is forgivable, perhaps inevitable, what with the lack of updates or notable events these days. As long as it didn't stretch out past a full page it doesn't seem to get anyone in trouble.

Rabbitfist    451

Derailing is an art. Sometimes the message is so subtle, people don't notice.

Others like to derail threads down people's throats.

Man, I like you 

22winston    46

I have had a few threads where people have derailed them but to be honest i kinda did it by accident too once. But that was like the first day I joined the community. So ... it wont happen again really. And if someone were to derail like this topic what would happen to them? Just a curiosity question.

jbeetle    1,764

I have had a few threads where people have derailed them but to be honest i kinda did it by accident too once. But that was like the first day I joined the community. So ... it wont happen again really. And if someone were to derail like this topic what would happen to them? Just a curiosity question.

if it was obviously deliberate, you'd get warning points that would eventually lead to a ban, but that's rare.

Snob    1,272

if it was obviously deliberate, you'd get warning points that would eventually lead to a ban, but that's rare.

Too rare, I'd say.

Tamazacat    128

Remember what people say about curiosity and the cat? ;)

On-topic here, though, I haven't been around long enough to see posts getting derailed. Is it really so common? O.O

Palpetinus    839

Remember what people say about curiosity and the cat? ;)

On-topic here, though, I haven't been around long enough to see posts getting derailed. Is it really so common? O.O

Atleast every second thread got derailed back in the days.