- - - - -

Just Curious If This Is Possible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abculatter2

Abculatter2

• 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

I would like to make a character with flimsy and shoddy glasses.

These would have percentage chance of falling off the character as an item on the ground whenever he is struck by an enemy.

This would cause the screen to become blurred until the player is able to pick them up again and right click on the item.

I would only implement this if it's possible to do without taking up the headgear slot.

Also, I would like to know if the following optional components are also possible:

- Hallucinations are not affected by the blur effect

- the interface is also blurred slightly, but not nearly as much as the world.

Edited by Abculatter2, 04 September 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#2 Tesability

Tesability

• 472 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

You mean making a character that has some degree of nearsightedness? I would like to know of this as well, since that's a mechanic I would like to add to a particular custom character of my own...if I can figure out this coding mess. x.x

Roleplay: The Great (Roleplay) Experiment (Advanced/Literate)

The fine art of Scheming can often be a double-edge sword, capable of both aiding and screwing up the one using it.

#3 Heavenfall

Heavenfall

• 1103 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Graphical distortions are handled in the .exe graphics engine and I can't think of a way to do this using just LUA with current access.

Please quote my post or include @Heavenfall in your post if you are replying to me, it helps me see your reply.

My mods