- - - - -

My first custom character sneak peak :)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

First here's my Beatrice =) I tried drawing her in a lore friendly manner. I'm gna upload her for you guys too after I tweak her stats. I'm also gna add more stuff and ability later on after I figure out which route I wna take her. I'm thinking of either having a companion with her that works like a befriended piggy, or make a custom weapon for her :o. I dont know yet, what do you guys think? I know I drew her big portrait a little different than the ingame one (only the skirt) xD I'm gna change her ingame skirt to reflect the bigportraitAttached File  3-1.png   917.35KB   82 downloads

Edited by lexietanium, 06 August 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#2 sirmentlegen

sirmentlegen
  • Senior Citizen

• 2885 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Her name has to be Gregory Stevens.
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Unofficial Bacon Lord of the forum.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#3 TheDanaAddams

TheDanaAddams

• 937 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Very nice!The art looks lovely, and can't wait to see more of it!

#4 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm thinking of either having a companion with her that works like a befriended piggy, or make a custom weapon for her :o. I dont know yet, what do you guys think?

A custom staff that summons piggies to fight with you for a short period of time. This way you have both !

#5 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

A custom staff that summons piggies to fight with you for a short period of time. This way you have both !

I really luv that idea. It's possible to have a custom made monster as a summon? I still have to learn how to do all that :) but i'm having a blast though. I think I'm gna change the color of her skirt, she seems too yellow to me right now.

#6 simplex

simplex
  • Couldn't be Simpler

• 4755 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Given that she's a dominatrix, I think summoning pigs might be just too kinky.

#7 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be dressed in leather. I mean real shiny black leather.

#8 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

hahaha I was thinking having her summon hellhounds so she can watch em get ripped to shreds muahaha. o.o I want to make a custom whip for her for weapon u.u you guys think it's possible? But I'm wondering how it would work, because I would need to have it with animation if it's melee no?

#9 simplex

simplex
  • Couldn't be Simpler

• 4755 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

hahaha I was thinking having her summon hellhounds so she can watch em get ripped to shreds muahaha. o.o I want to make a custom whip for her for weapon u.u you guys think it's possible? But I'm wondering how it would work, because I would need to have it with animation if it's melee no?

Hounds would be one of the easiest followers to set up, since there's already logic in the game for it (due to the MacTusk hunting party).I don't think a ranged whip attack can be done until the game supports the modding of animations. You could make it a regular melee weapon that just looks like a whip, though, but that's much less interesting. :/

#10 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hounds would be one of the easiest followers to set up, since there's already logic in the game for it (due to the MacTusk hunting party).I don't think a ranged whip attack can be done until the game supports the modding of animations. You could make it a regular melee weapon that just looks like a whip, though, but that's much less interesting. :/

Maybe messing with the fishing rod anim files

#11 simplex

simplex
  • Couldn't be Simpler

• 4755 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Maybe messing with the fishing rod anim files

Interesting idea. But I think at least renaming some animation symbols would be required (I hope I'm wrong, though).

#12 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

hmmmmm so if ever hounds can be a nice route for her. I could also just make a custom skin for the hellhound and then implement it as a summon for her right? or would that conflict with the hellhounds in game :o sorry bout the questions I'm new to modding for don't starve. I'm still learning how far we can go with the modtools here and how fast I can learn haha. If not a whip, what other things should we have her use. O.o how about a big fan? lol or I can just have her have a pimp cane to wallop people so they know their place.As for fishing rod =o I can probably check it out but I'm scared to dabble b.c I'll be on uncharted virgin territory D:

#13 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

Interesting idea. But I think at least renaming some animation symbols would be required (I hope I'm wrong, though).

I hope too !

#14 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

hmmmmm so if ever hounds can be a nice route for her. I could also just make a custom skin for the hellhound and then implement it as a summon for her right? or would that conflict with the hellhounds in game :o sorry bout the questions I'm new to modding for don't starve. I'm still learning how far we can go with the modtools here and how fast I can learn haha. If not a whip, what other things should we have her use. O.o how about a big fan? lol or I can just have her have a pimp cane to wallop people so they know their place.As for fishing rod =o I can probably check it out but I'm scared to dabble b.c I'll be on uncharted virgin territory D:

Having your own hellhounds wouldn't interfer with the game's as long as they have their own brain anims etc.

#15 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

For now, how about having her have a range weapon. She'll throw the skulls of her enemies that she hoarded at creatures :o and also is there a tutorial how to do that xD

#16 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

For now, how about having her have a range weapon. She'll throw the skulls of her enemies that she hoarded at creatures :o and also is there a tutorial how to do that xD

Easiest thing is to grab a ranged weapon from the game and work from that. You'll have to edit the tex in the animation files and that's about it.Fire/Ice staff for example.Edit -- And you'll have to rename the anims too(anim.bin), like with the character creation

Edited by kiopho, 05 August 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#17 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

i may need your help in terms of balance. I don't want it to be too op. =) should we give the skull some effects?

#18 kiopho

kiopho

• 708 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

i may need your help in terms of balance. I don't want it to be too op. =) should we give the skull some effects?

Like explosions and stuff ? Yeah why not. But don't forget that the balancing comes in last, after the weapon's prefab and anims are done.

#19 lexietanium

lexietanium

• 22 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

updated the screenshot =) just finished drawing her big portrait. And I still have to experiment with so many things. For stats what should be a good thing to give her. I kind of wna give her that will reflect her dom nature :o I was gna put more hp but then that's more for a masocist type of character xD.