Messin' With Fan Art

Oh, and by the way -- here's a little original DS for you.

Explanation: this year is my final year in college (I major in oil painting) and each of us graduates has to present a subject for The Grand Finale -- the final work, the diploma. Initially I planned to do Decemberist's Revolt of 1825; however, teachers managed to talk me out of it. While thinking of a new subject I learned about the existence of the tiny masterpiece that is Don't Starve. Simultaneously, I got my hands on Howard Lovecraft.

By the beginning of September I was seriously obsessed with Wilson (oh this tiny spiky ball of awesome!) and couldn't think of anything else. So yeah, the idea was -- what if I paint the gentleman scientist at work and say it's all based on Lovecraft's writing?

It took quite a few loud words, proving and arguing, but I got the permission. Now I have to convince the teachers that Wilson is Antoine from The Alchemist. XD It's a quick sketch, kinda raw, kinda awkward. I hope yet to bring it to a better state in a while.

o_o This is awesome. Please don't stop making art! :wilson_flower:

• Like 1

Yay! Many, many thanks to you all! And, since I've been lost again, words apart. More pics! I think it's no use delaying Maxwell's appearance on this thread anymore. He simply MUST be here.

(img)

Woho hipster Maxwell has never been more evil!

Edited by Miss
  • Like 1

Gah, I wish I could do this stuff, I'm just too impatient. Keep up the good work, cause I can't stop looking at this thread!

So am I, so am I. ^^; Dang, I have to stop being a lurker and post more!

Okay, still have no image for Wickerbottom, which means... MORE MAXWELLS! Haha. Seriously, there's never enough of this guy. And, of course, Wolfgang. Halfway done. I referenced the famous Russian strongman, Ivan Poddubny, for the sake of authenticity.

Good news, the first page of the comic is getting under way. Not sure what the final version would be like, which makes it even more exciting :-) I'll try and post new stuff every day to get you slightly more familiar with the whole project.

post-250429-0-63410000-1383077997_thumb.

post-250429-0-48460100-1383078009_thumb.

• Like 6

So I heard you liked Maxwell's attitudes, righty-right? =) Ooooh brace yourselves, then. I've got some Wilson for you! Hid it to prevent Miss's further melting %)

Yep, that's the reason I posted nothing yesterday (as promised). It seems easy with Maxwell, but when it comes for Wilson... O___o little fellow really got me working. One single sheet took me quite a few good hours and it's still not exactly what I wanted to make. The one where he's making latte and the bottom right are my favourite =) so not happy with the tattoos, I suck at Japanese graphics.

post-250429-0-21040500-1391012616_thumb.

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 5

So I heard you liked Maxwell's attitudes, righty-right? =) Ooooh brace yourselves, then. I've got some Wilson for you! Hid it to prevent Miss's further melting %)

Yep, that's the reason I posted nothing yesterday (as promised). It seems easy with Maxwell, but when it comes for Wilson... O___o little fellow really got me working. One single sheet took me quite a few good hours and it's still not exactly what I wanted to make. The one where he's making latte and the bottom right are my favourite =) so not happy with the tattoos, I suck at the Japanese graphics.

Right, I'd better stop the babbles and let you judge yourself. Push the button.

XXI_wilson_attitudes.jpg

"make science not war" that was a good laugh!

nice touch with the Mark of the Ninja tattoo imagine if that was a thing that'd be interesting!

and of course, nice art

• Like 1

Yep, that's the reason I posted nothing yesterday (as promised). It seems easy with Maxwell, but when it comes for Wilson... O___o little fellow really got me working. One single sheet took me quite a few good hours and it's still not exactly what I wanted to make. The one where he's making latte and the bottom right are my favourite =) so not happy with the tattoos, I suck at Japanese graphics.

XXI_wilson_attitudes.jpg

The dapperness is making my eyes bleed with joy.  

• Like 1

"make science not war" that was a good laugh!

nice touch with the Mark of the Ninja tattoo imagine if that was a thing that'd be interesting!

and of course, nice art

You're right, only now I'm beginning to grasp the amount of meaning -- by pure accident -- put into the quote =) I mean, you know, it says a lot about Wilson's, ahem, priorities. *wink-wink nudge-nudge* Mark Of The Ninja was a completely random idea, too. The first shot was Giger-inspired biomech naked flesh ink, failed really hard. I love Giger, but he's way too awesome XD

The dapperness is making my eyes bleed with joy.  

Uh oh. Dapperness degree is becoming dangerous =D I'd better switch to sneakers and T-shirts.

More character sheets on the way, this time it's Willow. She has many sides, way too many to show here. I pictured the basics.

post-250429-0-45845500-1383525348_thumb.

Aaaand I guess I need to clean the thread up, add some tags to make the content more presentable.

• Like 6

(img)

Wilson always needed a skateboard! ALWAYS!  :wilson_cool: 

More character sheets on the way, this time it's Willow. She has many sides, way too many to show here. I pictured the basics.

(img)

Awesome as always. Can't wait until you colour all this.

• Like 1

Wilson always needed a skateboard! ALWAYS!  :wilson_cool: 

Awesome as always. Can't wait until you colour all this.

Awww yeah <3 It's a tiny bit of a reference to Back To The Future trilogy. Time and clocks are the background theme for the story. Aaaand I wanted to add some madness. Ground him a little. Otherwise he ends up looking a bit too, er... posh?

That screams Katniss Everdeen to me.

That's interesting, because I never really planned it. To me, she is like Pippy Longstocking, just grown up and... well, delinquent. Insane is not the right word here.

Back with a bag of goodies!

I'm most awfully sorry for getting lost again, had some technical problems -- my computer died. :razz: I honestly tried to revive it, cleaned it, checked the thermal grease, reconnected all the cables and cords, then gave up and called for help. Turned out it wasn't dead at all, but that's another story I'll probably include in the comic. :grin: I was kinda preoccupied with the finals, too. The worst part is that the dying hour came when I was nearly done with Wendy's attitudes. So they ended up a bit torn on the edges. I tried to create a 'gothic lolita meets harajuku girls' impression; tennis is a random idea that seems to fit. Right now, at least. She's still in high school, so a piece of nifty school uniform is obligatory. Dapper enough, huh?

post-250429-0-19603900-1385613555_thumb.

Wes to go. Meanwhile, have yourself some gentlemen scientists >:3

post-250429-0-83940900-1385613599_thumb.

It's a hell of a pretention of a poster I'm planning to drop into one of the countless folders of #Dont-Starve-Fans on dA to attract some audience... or just check their reaction. You'll never know what it would be.

post-250429-0-19210600-1385613628_thumb.

Winter is here! The snow is finally settled in Russia, what about the US and Canada?

post-250429-0-66346000-1385613762_thumb.

And some classics. I called it "Chester and Wilson: the first encounter" XD

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 10