Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oCrapaCreeper

PUZZLE: Hungry for your Hunger! (Updated 7/20/13)

109 posts in this topic

The link to the puzzle was found in under 50 mins after the video was uploaded. The link is bit.ly/THEWATCHED

Thank you ShatteredSanity!

Now let's speculate on what it all means!

INFORMATION FOUND ON 7-20-13

7-20-13

If you look closely at the picture of the mess, someone is actually looking over it as his/her shadow is looming over. But beware, as who ever's shadow is seems to have eyes that goes right though their head.

ScienceMachine noticed that there are shadows overlooking the pileup of papers in the picture. This can be seen a lot easier when the entire picture is visible at once. Spazmatic outlined it to be more visible, along with an unknown shadow to the left

Posted Image

Does the shadow in the middle seem familiar? Well it should be, it's very similar to the Shadow Watcher found by Goomba in the page's source.

Posted Image

INFORMATION FOUND ON 7-19-13

There are 5 points of interest here, the newspaper article for a train crash, a circus poster that seems to involve Wolfgang, a letter to Jack from William Carter, some sort of ticket, and a sketch of what seems to be an risen obelisk.

The letter to Jack from William Carter:

Jack,

The strangest thing has happened! Please discount all reports of my demise, should they reach you. I am very much alive, despite my recent mis-adventures. I have discovered something above all sorts. I have yet to decode it fully, but what little I have decipher has opened my mind to terrifying new possibilities. I shouldn't say more through post- I fear it may attract unwanted attention. And will be explained when we meet. I shall continue west forthwith!

-William

From the picture, we can assume William/Maxwell has discovered an obelisk, or the blueprint for one, which may tie into later events. Here is what seems to be a sketch of the obelisk, which was Willaim's discovery. Notice the symbols it has.

Posted Image

Fat Goomba later found this in the source of the Dark Secrets link, which seems the be the Shadow Watcher in ASCII art.

Posted Image

ORIGINAL OP:

The update trailer is out, incase anyone hasn't noticed.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=puYKfd1dodQ

Now let's go puzzle hunting! Perhaps we'll learn more about "William Carter", who is supposedly Maxwell.

Just a recap, here's what has been found the past 3 puzzles:

Underground: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/1/all-aboard.html

It's Not a Rock: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/2/abracadabra.html

Strange New Powers: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/3/hard-times.html

The last few puzzles have seem to be hidden in the little cutscenes, so start looking there first. If nothing is found there, then check the transitions between scenes.

LINKING HUNTING

Looks like it's more flashing links. I saw a .bit in one of the transitions at 00:21:

Posted Image

At 0:42 and 1:26 the word "WATCHED" flashes on screen. The first time, in the bottom, and the second in the upper right corner.

I also noticed white lines that split the screen occasionally. Not sure if that's important.

I was able to get some shots of this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ShatteredSanity later found:

At 1:05 it says bit.ly/THEWATCHED

As a recap, here is what was found in the other 3 trailers:

Underground: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/1/all-aboard.html

It's Not a Rock: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/2/abracadabra.html

Strange New Powers: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/3/hard-times.html

At 0:42 and 1:26 the word "WATCHED" flashes on screen. The first time, in the bottom, and the second in the upper right corner.

I also noticed white lines that split the screen occasionally. Not sure if that's important.

At 1:05 it says bit.ly/THEWATCHED

[MENTION=25158]oCrapaCreeper[/MENTION] Thanks for the link, I had a feeling that Wolfgang had something to do with the circus, probably doing the "World's Strongest Man" act in his red and white tights.The letter in the link might also suggest that they may add Wilbur next since some 'dangerous trained monkeys' escaped from their cages, perhaps he was one of them.

There are 5 points of interest here, the newspaper article for a train crash, a circus poster that seems to involve Wolfgang, a letter to Jack from William Carter, some sort of ticket, and a sketch of what seems to be an obelisk.

Hmm; is it just me but does the circus seem to be taking place in the Mojave desert outside of Vegas?

Okay the whole image is too big for the format of the posts I'll get an image of it.

I have written the letter in text:Jack, The strangest thing has happened! Please discount all reports of my demise, should they reach you. I am very much alive, despite my recent mis-adventures. I have discovered something above all sorts. I have yet to decode it fully, but what little I have decipher has opened my mind to terrifying new possibilities. I shouldn't say more through post- I fear it may attract unwanted attention. And will be explained when we meet. I shall continue west forthwith-Willaim

Okay the whole image is too big for the format of the posts I'll get an image of it.

post-3475-13764597297466_thumb.jpg

Where was this found? If in the video, which time?

It's in the source of the Dark secrets link.Other possibly important notes:post-3475-13764597299136_thumb.jpgpost-3475-1376459729924_thumb.jpgpost-3475-13764597299331_thumb.jpgpost-3475-13764597299444_thumb.jpg

Great job guys! :DSo now it seems Wolfgang is referenced and William was traveling with a circus but left when it was hit with a train? Also Jack is now confirmed to be a relative him being Jack Carter. What an interesting journal William found with those obelisks in it....

Has anyone else seen the 'blueprints' of the obelisk in the picture? It'a as if William knew how to build them

Has anyone else seen the 'blueprints' of the obelisk in the picture? It'a as if William knew how to build them

The letter to jack refers to the obelisk having symbols that William began to decode. I think he found it, and then made a sketch.I was thinking; could the symbols in the obelisk sketch mean anything to the puzzle?

I really hope the next puzzle isn't as easy as this, I mean I saw the answer to the puzzle before the update trailer.

Anyway in the poster you can see a man (probably wolfgang) on top of an elephant with monkeys and flamingos around it, now we have monkeys (the monkey men in caves obviously) and elephants (The Kolaphant counts as an elephant in my book) but we don't have flamingos so does that mean we will be getting flamingos?

I really hope the next puzzle isn't as easy as this, I mean I saw the answer to the puzzle before the update trailer.

Anyway in the poster you can see a man (probably wolfgang) on top of an elephant with monkeys and flamingos around it, now we have monkeys (the monkey men in caves obviously) and elephants (The Kolaphant counts as an elephant in my book) but we don't have flamingos so does that mean we will be getting flamingos?

I think monkeys tie in as the newspaper says that a group of monkeys escaped from the train. Then possibly they found the world of Don't Starve. I don't think we'll get flamingos unless its wolfgang's new new power.(Which it won't)

However prove me wrong Klei.