A Don't Starve Creepypasta

This all happened about a month ago and just remembered it. I will not be playing Don't Starve again until that thing is out of my game. I had finally survived until day 1000 after playing as Wilson. I had entire rooms of food, loot, and armor. I was getting manure from my worlds savanna when I noticed something that wasn't there before, long piece of land going out into the ocean made of wooden tiles. I assumed it was supposed to be a bridge and followed it. It took around 10 days in-game to get to the end, about half of my supplies were gone at that point. At the end was a small island. There was a fire pit and Divining rod surrounded by lumpy evergreens. I walked up to the pit and the Divining Rod started to talk. It said "Say Pal, things are going great for you. I got more knowledge in store if you want it.." A yes or no option appeared. I assumed the person was Maxwell and after seeing the Forbidden Knowledge video I decided to click no, which caused it to say this line "So you don't trust me I see. If you ever change your mind the offer stands." I went back to my camp thinking it was a huge waste. I went to bed seeing as it was getting late. I went back the next morning as overnight I could help but think what it could be. I went back to the island and said yes. As expected I got tricked. The voice said "AHAHAHAHA, you fall for it again." The screen went pitch black and when it came up again Wilson was in a room with none of his items and his beard shaved. A campfire was at embers, I tried to walk to the left but it was just stone wall. Red text appeared saying "Wilson, why dot you meet your new roommate! He has been waiting for you for some time now, hehehe!" Once the text went away a set of glowing red eyes appeared across the campfire. Wilson started to hold his head like characters do when they go insane and kept repeating "WAKE ME UP!", "PLEASE!", and "CAN'T YOU HEAR ME?". At this point I was disturbed as it seemed a bit messed up for Don't Starve. The fire eventually burned out and my health was set to one. Wilson kept saying his lines as a ticking clock was heard. It ticked three times before the voice said "Times Up!". I heard a scream through my headphones, obviously of a live human. My game crashed and there was a new file on my desktop. It was a picture file with no name. I clicked on it and it was a picture of Wilson's mutilated dead body, plastered to the wall by a black substance I could only assume was nightmare fuel. I felt like vomiting. I was wondering if this was a hidden addition or some kind of sick joke. I went back into the game on the same world. I was back at my camp. It was dusk for roughly five seconds before it was night. I made a fire as fast as I could, accidentally maxing it. A message appeared saying "The Grue no longer fears the light of day!". I thought to myself, "What?!". A few seconds later a roar sounded. I heard my tooth trap entrance go off. I got a torch and went to see what it was. It was horrible. A emasculated black creature with demonic red eyes on two legs with large claws was just standing there. I examined it and Wilson said "Its...not scared anymore..oh god.." I went back and got an amulet to kill it. It was morning and it was still there, just watching. I wanted to see how strong it was before I tried to fight it, so I opened console and spawned in a Deerclops. The Deerclops died in one hit. The Grue waited about 20 hits or so before attacking the Deerclops, meaning it had a lot of health. I went back and decided I would just wait until it loses interest. I gave up after I was down to my last meaty stew after a good amount of days spent on the game. Every 20 days or so in the game during that time Wilson would say "I'm only delaying the inevitable.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 2
  • Wavey 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 4

An interesting tale here, but I doubt it has any truth to it, especially in a vanilla game. I have but one question, did you have any sort of mods installed? Because this is honestly something I wouldn't put past a sadistic modder.

I had no mods at the time. After writing this I checked and the thing is still there, but it has somehow destroyed about two rows of tooth traps and I don't know how, it might keep running even after I exit the game. I decided to check out what would happen if I were to start a new world with a different character. It wasn't a good idea. Instead of being spawned with Maxwell and waking up, the character stays asleep with the Grue leaning over them, mouth open and drooling nightmare fuel saliva over them. After a few seconds the screen just goes black and I am redirected to the main menu.

Edited by Daemonic
  • GL Happy 1

...? Would you care to provide pictures or does one of us have to risk putting the poor scientist through Round 2 to reach this point to try to see this for ourselves...? Also, saying you deleted the file would be too easy and not help your case at all.

...? Would you care to provide pictures or does one of us have to risk putting the poor scientist through Round 2 to reach this point to try to see this for ourselves...? Also, saying you deleted the file would be too easy and not help your case at all.

If you didn't know, its a creepypasta = FAKE.Its a fairly good one too.

I have tried to screenshot it but the game simply won't let me. Whenever I try to take a screenshot my game crashes and a text file is made on my computer titled "Grues Curse". I went into this file and all it says is "THE GRUES CURSE IS YOURS TO KEEP, WE SHALL NOT LET YOU SPREAD THE CURSE.". I will keep trying to get a screenshot.

• GL Happy 1

:/ You do realize that you're being harder and harder to believe, right?And I know MOST creepypasta is fake, but I've see a select few come to life before my eyes as well. Hence why I'm trying to give this kid a chance to prove himself.

Huh. That's a really good drawing. I feel like that's what it must look like. It fills in with the game too. I don't believe you anyway. Creepypastas are fake, hence it's named creepypasta. If it wasn't called creepypasta I might believe it because creepypasta is the signature name for fake things that are supposed to be scary.

I have tried to screenshot it but the game simply won't let me. Whenever I try to take a screenshot my game crashes and a text file is made on my computer titled "Grues Curse". I went into this file and all it says is "THE GRUES CURSE IS YOURS TO KEEP, WE SHALL NOT LET YOU SPREAD THE CURSE.". I will keep trying to get a screenshot.

If this is true your PC is haunted

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11813[/ATTACH] I managed to find the Grue picture in the files, nothing seemed to happen when I take anything from the Don't Starve files directly which is good.

How did you find it? What was it under and how do I open it?

Huh. That's a really good drawing. I feel like that's what it must look like. It fills in with the game too. I don't believe you anyway. Creepypastas are fake, hence it's named creepypasta. If it wasn't called creepypasta I might believe it because creepypasta is the signature name for fake things that are supposed to be scary.

Creepy Pasta= Scary Noodles
  • Like 1

1 question did you have any mods?If so, that's why if not your PC hates you.OR ITS HEROBRINE.

relly relating minecraft to dont starve ??? but i do beleve the tail i was running from hounds a tallbird and other things as willow and i found the same thing i thoght it was maxwells door so i clicked yes than my game crashed