Adventure! Art! Abdominal Pain!

The sun had disappeared behind the trees, sinking into the ocean. An axe, unprofessionally weilded, knocks trees down, birds scattering as the beast hits the earth. It is cut into sections, and stuffed into a backpack. The scientist grunts, barely getting used to the hard work. His chest burns, but encouragement from atop his head leads him to finish the job. The fuzzball squeeks with delight as the cones are planted. He heads back to the fire before the sun drowns.A beastly man awaits him, and soon a young girl appears, re-lighting the coals under the pot. The man seems timid at the growing darkness, and inches as close to the fire without burning himself.The scientist lays the bag of logs a ways away from the girl and the fire, but close enough to reach if need be.The fuzzy creature plops down and hops up into the larger man's lap. He seems content, and more confident. The sun is gone, and other creatures lurk, but there are walls to protect them, and weapons for self defense, but it wont protect them from everything. The moon is nearly full, and high in the sky before the meals are ready. Its the scientist who creates the meals, proving to be effective in giving energy and filling the stomach.The darkness is on.post-70374-13764597190816_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirKnight

Oh yeah!These short bits are scenesAnd thats how i'll divide up this little storyAlong with a cute lil picture i scribbled on my teeny scratch pad :3I forgot in my lack of coffee having stateP.S. I really love comments and some critical pointers. If you like, do tell, if not, say why.

Edited by SirKnight

Hay pads surrounded the fire, after the meals there was a decision for who was the lookout. Most nights they argued about it till someone gave in. This night it was Wilson, the scientist, who offered immediately. The argument between the young girl and the man quieted. Silence was first before the questioning, but the man simply said; "This is one of those nights," He spoke, an emotion hidden underneath the words. "I must see it for myself."Willow, the young girl, took up no more questions, and laid closer than one should be to a fire, staring at the dancing blaze with what could be delight.The older man grunts. "Don't wake me up if it comes..." He shivers. "I-I.. I don't want to see it..." With that he lays, the rabbit betwixt his arms. Wolfgang, as he had told Wilson, did not wish to fight monsters unless he had to.The night dragged on, the fire being fed throughout it. Wilson was starting to fade, his mind barely half aware.A ways away, it watches, the camp in its sights, and is full of sleepy campers. Delightful. But to tonight? The moon is not even full, but with the illusions getting worse, and the splitting headache, it has to be done.It approaches.The young scientist sits up, realizing his moments of unaware, he may have missed it! He searches around. Nothing. "Good.." He goes to stand, but finds it hard, looking down, its a wolf! He gasps but stops himself halfway. Its not a Hound, but a wolf, possibly there is a leak to his world? Wilson has to stop himself from shrieking for joy. "Is awake, such misfortune." It speaks before knocking the man on his back. Black hair and dark eyes, its.. A girl..?"If ye had'ah better supplies ye woulda been raided, yet ye have not what I look for." As the scientist picks through the pirate talk, he finds the girl is scowling without a frown, or any facial expression really. He wish he knew how that was working. "I will stay th'night, but ye best not think ah' be here ah'morrow." The man has no words, and even less when she lays back down, ON him. Nothing he could do, and he saw the claws on that wolf skin, they obviously were used, often. So he wasn't about to challenge the idea of personal space.Quietly the night goes on, and with all his willpower, he resists the urge to fall asleep. And just as the sun rose, hes gone. A couple of disappointed faces meet him as he wakes, noticing hes cold, and shes gone, he looks up at them. "I found it."post-70374-13764597294626_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirKnight

Comments or conversation<3 Always nice to see.

post-70374-13764597361703_thumb.png

Anywho, back to the story~

--------------------

"What were you looking for anyway?" Willow huffs, annoyance in her voice and in her stance, placing a hand on her hip, and standing up way too straight. Besides answering, he just walks away, off to grab something out of storage, looking at where hes headed. It takes a couple moments before shes ready to run after and yell at him, but the larger man stops her. "Leave him." Willow sighs heavily before pushing past the man and into the shallow trees. He seems unaffected by this, and picks up his backpack. A tiny hitchhiker appears from within and squeaks happily at the man. He pets the furry thing before grabbing a bite of food.

Wilson sighs. He sighs, and sighs, and sighs all while packing a sack full of food and torches and weapons. All the sighing just makes him feel worse, heading out of camp, walking down the road, passing a pig village, grunting and sighing. Slicing open spider dens, with an army of pigs to do most of the work, he sits under a tree. He watches them finish off the spiders, only to be told to start knocking down trees. He sits back, wondering his fate, his reasons, but just ends up making more sighs. "Such a grumpy man." A voice from nowhere says. He looks around, finding nothing. This produces a howling laughter, edging towards a bark. "So stupid, you live in a forest, how about look at the trees." He turns, looking up. there was the wolf skin girl.

"Yar." His sack was up there too! "Wh-..!" "Your things? My things. Last night? Simply necessity." He kicks the tree, drawing attention of the pigs, who go to hit THAT tree. She grunts. "Such a disappointing turn of events." She slinks down, branch by branch, with an almost grace. "Alright, what do you want for it? Because I'm not giving it back." She has the bag tied to her waist, and an almost flat look on her face. She looks to the side, wary of the group of hooved animals. "D-Do you...." He speaks up. "Yes?" "Do you...know of a way out..?" She waits for a moment. "Tell me!" He demands. She shakes her head. "Alright, alright." She walks up to him, on all fours, which looked so comfortable for her. The last few steps she stands. "No. But.." She waits again, and Wilson grunts, pigs at the alert. "But.. There is a door..." She shakes her head. "But it doesn't seem to lead to home." He sighs, for probably the millionth time today. "What happened to the pirate talk.." She shrugs, relieved in the change of subject. "I was tired, it leaks out sometimes.." That didn't really answer his question, but the actual conversation made him feel better, instead of the fighting of his camp members and the grunts of pigs. There was a moment she actually made a facial expression. It was interest. "Would you... like me to take you to this door..?" And that made his face light up with what could be joy mixed with surprise. post-70374-1376459736219_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirKnight

post-70374-13764597386626_thumb.jpg

There was a part of Wilson that made him doubt his wolfy guide...

He was half sure he should keep going, and half sure she was just leading him in circles. She took him past places he hadn't even explored yet, past things he had never even seen. With this taken into consideration, there might be some truth to her story yet. Dusk was approaching, yet she walked on. The man's pig were gone, but he still held power, a spear in his hand and a suit of loggy armor. "Aren't we going to make a fire?"

The girl grunts. "Why should we? Its still light out. We need to go as far as we can if we want to make it before the moon is half." He stops suddenly, before running up beside her. "That's a week! Possibly more than that!" She looks over at him, he could swear she was angry, but couldn't see it on her face. "That's why we're to keep going. The full moon will hold us back for three days, but if we keep going we can make it before that."

The man sighs heavily. "Why didn't you say this before?"

"You never asked. And besides, it's the best time to go, if you had put it off, winter would've started in the middle of coming back." She trudges on, moments pass before she talks again. "So... whats your name..?" She asks, only to wait for an hour. "My names Wynn.." She whispers.

They walk for about half an hour, before they had to set up a fire. The blaze rose into the night, sending of sparks as the girl adds another log. Her back to a tree, eyes in her lap, quietly saying things, things Wilson doesn't bother to ask about. "Go to sleep, or I'll end up seizing your life." That he notices. "What?" "Go to sleep." "But--!" "Go to sleep!" She hurries up the tree, disappearing into the branches. A howling is heard, a noise that the man could feel in his gut, he decides its best to at least try.

Though with his eyes shut, and ears covered, he could still hear the howls, and more joined them. Snuffling and barks, feet scampering around him, and then it was morning. Suddenly. The girl was asleep. On him. As if she had no idea what personal space was. He grunts, pushing the girl off him, before heading out to get food. Wynn yawns, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Birds were easy prey, pouncing on them was a snap. Soon she had a nice pile of birds, and went right to work at getting at and cooking the meat.

She wonders briefly where that guy went, hopefully decided to just go back home, leaving her to her business. Shes just starting to fry up the meat as he returns, with an arm-full of berries. "Not catching anything? Meat is so much better." He doesn't say anything, and pulls out a crudely shaped cup, probably made out of clay or something of the sort. He stuffs some of the berries into it and sets it nearly in the fire.

Wynn stares at him, curious as to what hes doing. He catches her looking, making a long weird moment of eye contact. "Want some meat?" She asks, but obviously it wasn't a question, because she hands him some anyway. She nibbles on the bits of bird meat, watching him with big eyes, an expecting look. "Thank you.." He mutters, lightly picking it apart before eating. She smiles big, and heads back to her side, content at the moment.

The meal went on in silence, not a word was said after that. The fire died, and so they started walking again, hours and hours of walking. So much walking the man's feet began to ache, and by the time they sat back down, dusk creeping into night, everybody sighed with relief. The girl laughed, certainly amused by the shared emotion. Wilson just smiles, like he hasn't smiled in forever, and like that, another night was on. The fire roaring, logs burning. Except this night they talked. Mostly going on about the monsters, and poking fun at their behaviors, or the way that things would always go bad when everything seemed perfect. "Laughs before bedtime, always the best thing." Wynn says, before curling up to sleep. The man sighs, laying on the cold ground, nearly impossible for sleep to come.

After a while, the girl lays behind him, making for a nice amount of warmth. He doesn't move, not wanting her to think he is awake. Soon the night disappears into warm sleep.

(is this too much? I tried to be as vague as possible with death ;-; )Morning was harsh, the hot sun beating down the two, and the road just made it reflect back onto them while burning their feet. Up ahead, however, there was a pond. Wilson, eager to go acquire something cold, be it drinkable or not. As he rushes forward the wolf barely had time to mutter "W-Watch out.." He doesn't listen and splashes the water on him. The girl jogs after the man, trying to at least push him out of the way. Black was not the greatest thing to wear today. She doesn't make it, and with an almost suddenness, there are frogs swarming the man, he falls onto his back. Taking the opportunity, they pummel him with their tongues, not seeming to be a good weapon of choice, but the screams say otherwise. Shes running now batting away the frogs with the skin's claws. This does little but throw them back into the pond, but it gives her time to drag the man out. She tries to rush him to stand, he runs slow, though its more of a fast walk, completely leaning on the girl. Barely able to make it out of there, she leans him onto a large rock. "Stay here," she scowls, tossing the skin on the rock. "and this time, listen."She doesn't yell, but he knows shes mad. Wynn heads into the trees, squishing can be heard and hisses of what could be an animal. A few moments later shes back, spiders in her hands, holding them from their thin legs. She cuts them open before him, pulling out glands, covered in a purple ooze as she does so. The man moves back as she tries to smear the gross glands over his wounds, but she grabs him. That probably hurt worse than the frog's attack. So he sits still, letting Wynn cover his bruises and cuts in goopy glands. He'd move occasionally, but she'd growl at him, squeezing tighter. Soon she applied the last bit on his shoulder she was squeezing. "Hurry up, we're leaving." She states with a coldness. She slips the skin back on, hands in the paws, feet in the bottom half. She looks back, only to see he hasn't moved. "Get moving!" She roars. "Stupid girl.." he mutters, and follows. She ignores him, moving onward.The day goes by slowly, the heat making it impossible to move any faster than a slow walk. They drag their feet for what seems like days, though Wilson knows its only been a few hours. But as he pants and sweats, he finds sitting becoming less of an option and more of a must. "We need to stop.. I-I'm going to pass out..." He wheezes. "No. We have to keep'ahgoin. Errwise tain't make ert to ah door..." She slurrs. "N-No! I'm sitt--sitting!" And he stops underneath a tree. She spins around, and yells. "Lets GO! NOW!"Wilson doesn't budge, panting, looking hopeless. "We need'ah keeper goin' or we ain't neverah gon make it afore eer win'ner!" Her accent spilling all over the place, not worried anymore. "Le'sser go!" Again, nothing. She growls, picking him up by his shirt and slamming him onto the tree. He can barely grunt a response hes so tired and worn.She roars with anger before dropping him. "Fin'er on yea own then! I ain't er gon help yea!" And with that she storms off, climbing up a tree and takes a huffy nap.Wilson falls on his side,heaving, all his energy gone. He passes out, completely unable to take it much more. The inability to feel the warmth was fantastic.The girl yawns, feeling much better from the sleep. Maybe she was too hard on the man? She thinks for a moment, an apology was probably in order.Her stomach growled. But dinner comes first. She wanders around, feeling the chill of dusk coming. The cool wind was welcoming as she hunted. Beefalo in her sights, she stalks it till its alone, slinking from bush to bush, before everything gets loud, and she is in the perfect position, and strikes. Its too late for the poor thing as she hooks onto its neck. It thrashes and moos loudly, grunts and heaves, trying to throw her off. But she bites the neck, pulling out some necessary parts as she tears out. She quickly climbs up a tree, and waits for it to pass out. She makes sure no family members of it are around before digging in.After dinner, the weather turned freezing, and she was a ways away from where she last saw the man. Shivering, she goes to look for him. She crawls, maybe a kind of trot, howling into the air, listening for a response. She forgets that he probably will run from that, and drops the howls, and just looks where she last saw him. Surprisingly, hes still there, taking a rest from what she can see. She stands and walks over to him, but the closer she gets, the more she can see somethings not quite right. Not quite the right color, and barely breathing. She nudges him, which just bothers her more. Wynn touches his face. Even though is freezing out, hes burning.She drags him into the woods, gathering some grass and reeds, attempting to make a bed for him to lay on.Shes working hard, grabbing food, collecting more grass, chopping down trees, finding clean water, shes tired.Wynn builds a fire and tries to wake him up. He only groans, and his fever is just getting worse. She slaps his face, and he jumps a bit, opening his eyes, only to close them. "Come on now.. You gotta stay awake or you can't eat.." He struggles to open them again, and she sits him up,holding him there, making him drink what water she could find. She doesn't know why she's trying so hard to make him better, maybe its that part that sort of makes her want to treat him like a pack member, or maybe she knows she'll just get lonely again if hes gone.She feeds him some berries, and lays him back down. Wynn keeps the fire low, and a wet piece of leather on his head. She sits near him, fearing the full moon will come before hes better.

Edited by SirKnight

"I'm sorry.." Wynn mumbles. She mumbles that a lot recently. I can barely see her, my vision is blurry. Maybe I'm just tired. I've been tired for a long time then. Or at least that's what it feels like.Its hard to stay awake, and I feel sore. At least she stays near, its less quiet. Its mostly sad things, regrets, but at least she talks. That was always the worst of being here.The silence.I used to enjoy such loneliness. But, that's because I had that as an option.... I can't talk. If I even try, she takes to giving me something to eat, or goes off to fetch water.Right now, she's tending to the fire, talking about the moon. I don't hear most of it, and I'm dozing off already. She looks sad, but smiles. And I'm gone.I don't know if I have dreams or not, but I remember shapes, and colors. When I wake up shes gone. Night has fallen, the stars hazy, and the moon full. I never did ask her... why the full... moon was going to.. stop.. us.... I drift back into sleep, trying to pull out of it. But it pulls with two hands, yanks more like it. And I'm gone once more. --------The girl sees the man's condition isn't getting much better. He doesn't talk, he doesn't even groan. Wynn tells him stories. Stories that she was told. She hides in the trees, fearing the worst. Fearing for his safety, because she wont be able to care for him this night, and the other two. She disappears into the night.Wilson is by the fire, shivering. The fire was high before the girl left, but now its low, nearly out. He can't do much, and hes still sleeping. With a cough, something that probably dislodged some things, hes only half awake, probably less. He can only see a haze of the fire, and he can't focus on anything.He remembers the time he met the others, who were struggling on their own. He remember finding the girl, deep in the woods, flicking a lighter on and off. She mumbles some words, talking about how someone didn't care. He never really asked to what that was about, he was a gentlemen after all. It took some time trying to pull her out. every day he'd come back, there were ashes around her, and they would grow. The woods were eventually gone. That day she was sobbing. She was distressed by something, something he probably didn't want to know about. She was tiny, enough so he could carry the girl to camp. She had stopped crying, but she didn't speak. She sat there, accepted food, and slept. She did little else. Then there was Wolfgang.The man was teeny when he met him, starving nearly half to death. He had a rabbit with him. He called the thing 'Sparkles' and carried it close. It looked like he had fashioned up a collar, with a golden medal, which looked like it was melted then smacked flat. He refused to eat rabbits, and fed the thing carrots and berries. This was frustrating for the man, because a lot of what he carried was rabbit meat. Wolfgang would go out in search of food for his furry friend, and come back with little to nothing. Wilson would have to be the one to go fetch food. He built up this camp, set rules, made everyone have their own jobs. He was determined to get them back on their feet. The man built the wall, repaired them, and tended to the garden. Everybody chopped the wood. Willow was in charge of gathering twigs, grass, and anything else she saw useful. Wolfgang was nearly the same, except he collected seeds, and...other..things... for the garden. With that the camp grew, and soon it was almost comfortable living. Until that girl showed up, and possessed information about a possible escape. She said it led no where, but he was determined to check it out and see for himself. Lost in his memories, daylight is above him, the warmth a bit welcoming. There's the girl, shed her skin, which was tossed on the ground. Her face is buried in her knees, and she hugged her legs. He could barely hear her, barely see, every one of his senses were fuzzy. He watches her. She shudders every few moments, and lets out a moan, sadness. He has barely enough energy to turn on his side, staring at the pile of ashes where the fire once was. He can do nothing. And even when he could have, hes been doing nothing. Such an ungentlemanly way to act, he scolds himself. He didn't even tell her his name, which he should've done as soon as he met her. He groans. Wynn looks up, almost instantly shes next to him. "Are you OK? Do you need food? Water?" She touches his cheek, and a look of horror is in her face. He groans again, trying to reach for her, barely able to grab her shirt and tug. She gets the idea and gets closer. His face is red, hes nearly on fire, and he can barely move. She doesn't know what sickness this is, or what brought it on, but shes treating it like any illness. And shes trying to be attentive, and caring, but shes so frustrated, and hateful right now and-- "...Wilson..."

Edited by SirKnight

Kinda been in a slump on what to draw for the stories. usually, I'll draw the picture before i write it, and either use my sketch pad or paint&gimp2But its just, its getting kind of...emotional... which i mean its fine if you like that sort of thing, but this really wasn't where it was supposed to go o-o so heres what ill doI'll drink coffee, until im in RAINBOWSPACEpost-70374-13764597492659_thumb.pngAlso I've been noticing my posts getting longer. And nobody saying yay or nay.;-; gonna cry cause nobody love me

Edited by SirKnight
  • Like 1

Wynn: o0o *rolls on back* I am su happy! (be happier with belly rubs..) WHAT WHO SAID THAT? >->

Posted Image

be careful with the stories you tell, you never know where is the border between the imagination and the reality~

aaaaand he's climbing mah window

Posted Image

Posted Image

be careful with the stories you tell, you never know where is the border between the imagination and the reality~

aaaaand he's climbing mah window

Posted Image

>w> Well yes, I'm trying to get wilson just right, which is the reason for this whole thin, D: test stuff out, get a feel for what may seem right. o-o will confuse everyone out but, it must be done. For science you know?

... .3. must be rabbits up there...

"What?" Wynn asks, but the man almost instantly passes out. She stares for a few. What was that? A name? She sighs and lays on her back. "I...I don't understand you at all." She sighs and scowls at the sky, watching birds pass, clouds drift. Not too amazing a sight, but soothing, maybe almost lazy. The girl has to force herself up before she falls asleep. She groans in protest, and begins collecting more grass.

As the day goes on, she finds it more and more difficult to catch food. Birds manage to flutter away, rabbits squirm out of grip, and Beefalo are too tightly packed to hunt. She has to forage for food, not just for the man, but for herself. Such a horrid task, set aside for someone who cannot hunt, she thinks.

It takes her longer than need be to gather enough fruits and veggies, and deposits her haul near the fire. Wilson... She had to guess it was his name, or possibly a delusional outburst from his sickness. Her anger toward herself had stopped, and turned into worry for the man.

She starts to make food, smoke flies into the air, making him stir. She watches as he tries to turn on his side, only to stay on his back. Wynn goes over to help him with his struggles, whatever he has, it must be bad. He opens his eyes, rings of exhaustion rest under them. Wynn smiles, and asks if he feels any better. The man furrows his eyebrows into a sort of thinking look. "I'll be fine." Her smile is gone, but she's glad hes at least saying full sentences.

For most of the day hes awake, and able to feed himself, but she can feel the heat coming off him just handing him the food. This night he should be able to take care of himself, or at least be awake for it. She keeps going back on the why; Why is she helping him? Why doesn't she just leave him there to die, instead of doing all this work to make him better? This just makes her mad at herself, mad at him. He might be a warm pillow, but she can go find something else, possibly one that doesn't move so much. She doubts that's the reason, doubts that she even cares about it, what she does know, is that the door, is very interesting.

She's scared to check it out herself, but that man seems very interested in it. She places a few logs near him, with food and water. She heads out for the woods. "Where are you going?" His voice was a bit cold, but still rose with concern. He was helpless, not that he'd admit it. "Away from you." She crawls off, leaving Wilson a bit hurt.

The sun was starting to fall, and boredom was kicking in.