Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbfirebird

[Graphics] Unexplained blurred graphics after 07/02 update

35 posts in this topic

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

[Graphics]

Platform

• [*]
Steam

Version Number

Do you have mods installed?

No

Issue title

Unexplained blurred graphics after 07/02 update

Steps to reproduce

Start game.
Look at the partially main menu graphics.
Load game.
Look at the graphics.
Scratch head and feel confused.

Describe your issue

I recently received the "Strange New Powers" update to my game.
And in case it's relevant, after said update the game failed to even start without the "dontstarve_steam.exe had stopped working" window popping up. I eventually fixed the problem by validating the game files, so I don't know if that may have something to do with this...

Anywho, some of my graphics are unbelievably blurry. Just some. Some things are as sharp as they've ever been. The rest is just blurry, including the title screen title logo and the item inventory and crafting tab among others. My graphics settings haven't changed at all.

I'd post pics, but the post won't upload if I just copy-paste images, and apparently I don't have "permission" to manage my attachments in bug submission threads.

It sounds like small textures mode got enabled for you somehow. Try turning it off in the options screen and restarting your game.

It sounds like small textures mode got enabled for you somehow. Try turning it off in the options screen and restarting your game.

I had blocky/blurry graphics as well. Disabling the small textures and quiting the game resolved it =) I'm on Macbook Pro.

My small textures weren't enabled and aren't enabled. I checked before and I've just checked again. Neither is netbook mode. I did enable it, re-disable it, then restart, but I have the same problem.

And the thing is, small textures makes everything a little bit blurrier. In my case, a few things are sharp, and some things are very blurry, like the title logo and the inventory and crafting tab.

We're currently looking into this issue to try to figure out why some people are seeing this.May I ask what your system specs are?What version of the game are you playing?

Same issue.Pentium D 3.2g2gig ramHD 3400 512mb cardsteam - strange new powers(not much but DS has always ran like a dream on this machine)Plz Halp.

Okay, um...Windows 7 64-bit3GB RAMATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200Steam, Version: 80816Did I miss anything?

If enabling small textures makes the game even blurrier for you, can you please post a screen shot of the game _without_ small textures enabled? I.e. in the mode that should be as sharp as possible?Currently we don't know enough to make an educated guess and can't reproduce the issue locally.

I think I may have mentioned above that the site won't let me attach images or posts with pictures. Like I said, some things are as sharp as ever, like quantity numbers and the actual view of my character and surrounding world, but stuff like the HUD, inventory images, and title screen title are incredibly blurry.

If enabling small textures makes the game even blurrier for you, can you please post a screen shot of the game _without_ small textures enabled? I.e. in the mode that should be as sharp as possible?Currently we don't know enough to make an educated guess and can't reproduce the issue locally.

Here are some screen shots that I took. I think I had posted my specs on another thread but I will do it again.post-64797-13764596850612_thumb.jpgpost-64797-13764596851171_thumb.jpgpost-64797-13764596851734_thumb.jpgProcessor: AMD E-350 Processor Memory (RAM): 4.00 GBGraphics: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics Gaming graphics: 1973 MB Total available graphics memoryPrimary hard disk: 196GB Free (256GB Total) Windows 7 Home Premium System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Model K53U Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 2 Storage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB Disk partition (C:) 196 GB Free (256 GB Total) Disk partition (D:) 315 GB Free (315 GB Total) Media drive (E:) CD/DVD Disk partition (R:) 14 GB Free (25 GB Total) Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics Total available graphics memory 1973 MB Dedicated graphics memory 384 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1589 MB Display adapter driver version 8.930.13.6000 Primary monitor resolution 1366x768 DirectX version DirectX 10 My computer is a laptop and I hope my info helps. I also hope my pictures make it through.

This isn't the small textures thing - it looks like all of the UI images are blurry, but the anims and fonts are fine. Perhaps there's a shader difference that can explain it?

This isn't the small textures thing - it looks like all of the UI images are blurry, but the anims and fonts are fine. Perhaps there's a shader difference that can explain it?

Um, IDK. You tell me, lol. ^^'It may have something to do with our graphics cards. One similarity I've seen with the people posting their specs on these threads is that a lot of them seem to be on AMD Mobility integrated cards. Or I could be wrong...Would anything in our log.txt files give you guys a clue as to the nature of the problem? It says something about textures and stuff....or I dunno. I'm quite technologically stupid ^^'Well, here's mine, if it matters...Starting upDon't Starve: 80816Build Date: 2013-07-04_13-15-23THREAD - started 'GAClient' (6308)HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()cGame::InitializeOnMainThreadWindowManager::InitializeWindowManager::SetFullscreen(0, 1366, 768, 60)GLInfo~~~~~~GL_VENDOR: Google Inc.GL_RENDERER: ANGLE (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series)GL_VERSION: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 1.0.0.2249)OpenGL extensions (18, 18):GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blitGL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisampleGL_ANGLE_instanced_arraysGL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_orderGL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5GL_ANGLE_texture_usageGL_ANGLE_translated_shader_sourceGL_EXT_read_format_bgraGL_EXT_robustnessGL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888GL_EXT_texture_storageGL_OES_get_program_binaryGL_OES_packed_depth_stencilGL_OES_rgb8_rgba8GL_OES_standard_derivativesGL_OES_texture_npotGL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 8192GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 16GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE = 8192GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 8192, 8192GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS = 10GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS = 16GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 254GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS = 4GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS = 2214 compressed texture formatstexture format 0x83f0texture format 0x83f1texture format 0x83f2texture format 0x83f3cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()cGame::StartPlayingLOADING LUADoLuaFile data/scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.luadata/scripts/main.lua(125,1) running main.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) Could not load modindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Birdcage! Could not find modinfo.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Test Tools! Could not find modinfo.luaLOADING LUA SUCCESSC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(210,1) loaded profileC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(65,1) loaded saveindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(61,1) LOAD FEC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(65,1) LOAD FE: doneReset() returningCollecting garbage...lua_gc took 0.01 secondslua_close took 0.01 secondsReleaseAllReleaseAll FinishedcGame::StartPlayingLOADING LUADoLuaFile data/scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.luadata/scripts/main.lua(125,1) running main.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) Could not load modindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Birdcage! Could not find modinfo.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Test Tools! Could not find modinfo.luaLOADING LUA SUCCESSC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(210,1) loaded profileC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(65,1) loaded saveindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(67,1) LOAD BEC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(71,1) LOAD BE: doneC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(329,1) Loading Nav GridC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stats.lua(294,1) Sending sessions start stats...C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stats.lua(295,1) {"user":"116155067@steam","season":"summer","map_meta":{"build_version":"79484","level_id":"SURVIVAL_DEFAULT","seed":1372569062},"day":37,"save_id":"116155067@steam-1372569060-1","branch":"release_modded","mode":"survival","Session":{"Loads":{"Mods":{"list":[],"mod":false}}},"build":"80816"}SendProfileStats::{"user":"116155067@steam","season":"summer","map_meta":{"build_version":"79484","level_id":"SURVIVAL_DEFAULT","seed":1372569062},"day":37,"save_id":"116155067@steam-1372569060-1","branch":"release_modded","mode":"survival","Session":{"Loads":{"Mods":{"list":[],"mod":false}}},"build":"80816"}Reset() returningC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(305,1) toggle map!C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(465,1) Can't find 100009 100009 - wendyC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stats.lua(334,1) Sending stats...C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stats.lua(335,1) {"stats":{"time_played":10533},"user":"116155067@steam","season":"summer","day":37,"save_id":"116155067@steam-1372569060-1","branch":"release_modded","mode":"survival","map_meta":{"build_version":"79484","level_id":"SURVIVAL_DEFAULT","seed":1372569062},"build":"80816"}SendProfileStats::{"stats":{"time_played":10533},"user":"116155067@steam","season":"summer","day":37,"save_id":"116155067@steam-1372569060-1","branch":"release_modded","mode":"survival","map_meta":{"build_version":"79484","level_id":"SURVIVAL_DEFAULT","seed":1372569062},"build":"80816"}C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(490,1) Saved survival_1 nilCollecting garbage...lua_gc took 0.46 secondslua_close took 0.73 secondsReleaseAllReleaseAll FinishedcGame::StartPlayingLOADING LUADoLuaFile data/scripts/main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.luadata/scripts/main.lua(125,1) running main.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) Could not load modindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Birdcage! Could not find modinfo.luaC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(220,1) Warning loading mod: Test Tools! Could not find modinfo.luaLOADING LUA SUCCESSC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(210,1) loaded profileC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(65,1) loaded saveindexC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(61,1) LOAD FEC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(65,1) LOAD FE: doneReset() returningCollecting garbage...lua_gc took 0.01 secondslua_close took 0.01 secondsORPHANED UNKNOWN RESOURCES:data/fonts/belisaplumilla100.zip - 2data/fonts/belisaplumilla50.zip - 2data/fonts/talkingfont.zip - 2data/fonts/stint-ucr20.zip - 2data/fonts/buttonfont.zip - 2data/fonts/stint-ucr50.zip - 2data/fonts/opensans50.zip - 2ORPHANED UNKNOWN RESOURCES:data/shaders/debug_tri.ksh - 1ORPHANED UNKNOWN RESOURCES:data/fonts/belisaplumilla100.zip - 1data/fonts/belisaplumilla50.zip - 1data/fonts/talkingfont.zip - 1data/fonts/stint-ucr20.zip - 1data/fonts/buttonfont.zip - 1data/fonts/stint-ucr50.zip - 1data/images/square.tex - 2data/fonts/opensans50.zip - 1HttpClient::ClientThread::Main() completeShutting down

Learned something interesting. It seems the blurry things respond directly to changing the mipmapping settings in my CCC. I had it on high performance; even on the next option up everything became vastly clearer and sharper again. Obviously, this has never been the case before. I've always had my mipmapping on high performance. Because my computer is awful, and I was already experiencing lag in the game prior to this update, which brought with it a whole bunch of weirdness and more performance problems. Changing these settings made it doubly so.

Thanks for the info kbfirebird. I was able to effect the blurry things the same way, I was set to high performance aswell. DS definitely seems more resource hungry after the strange new powers update though.

Learned something interesting. It seems the blurry things respond directly to changing the mipmapping settings in my CCC. I had it on high performance; even on the next option up everything became vastly clearer and sharper again. Obviously, this has never been the case before. I've always had my mipmapping on high performance. Because my computer is awful, and I was already experiencing lag in the game prior to this update, which brought with it a whole bunch of weirdness and more performance problems. Changing these settings made it doubly so.

We went out and bought the lowest-end Radeon that we could find (an HD6450 with 1gig of vram for about $50 :) ) The game looks normal on it. I installed CCC, and played with all of the texture settings that I could find, and could not reproduce the blurriness. Sigh.Can you post a screenshot of the option that you are setting in CCC? I couldn't find anything that specifically related to mipmapping.

Comparatively, HD 6450 isn't exactly low end. Most people I've seen who are having this issue have cards more in the 4000 - 5000 series range with older drivers. There were several more people posting their card stats in this thread regarding the problem. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?23213-Graphics-Low-quality-assetsMy own card is a Mobility HD 4200. Laptop integrated, if that makes a difference. post-53764-13764596943147_thumb.pngHonestly, and forgive my ignorance, but I don't see what the huge difficulty with this is. In the update notes, I saw that you guys said you included a "Fix for some older integrated video cards". I don't know if that's what it is, but wouldn't it make sense direct suspicions there first?

Exactly the same problem here with Mobility Radeon HD4570. HUD is blurry, menü logo is blurry, etc. It appeared right after the latest update. Waiting for a solution!

Comparatively, HD 6450 isn't exactly low end. Most people I've seen who are having this issue have cards more in the 4000 - 5000 series range with older drivers. There were several more people posting their card stats in this thread regarding the problem. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?23213-Graphics-Low-quality-assetsMy own card is a Mobility HD 4200. Laptop integrated, if that makes a difference. Honestly, and forgive my ignorance, but I don't see what the huge difficulty with this is. In the update notes, I saw that you guys said you included a "Fix for some older integrated video cards". I don't know if that's what it is, but wouldn't it make sense direct suspicions there first?

It's actually hard to find older cards for sale, if you're looking for discrete parts. Even if we went to the store to buy a laptop, they don't tend to have integrated graphics cards beyond the past year or so. So we're stuck finding what we can, and bringing in older hardware from home. Since we're all computer people, even our old cast-off machines tend to be higher-end than most players'.Strangely, my copy of CCC doesn't have the same options as yours. I'll do some digging to see what I can find. The one I'm using is the newest one from ATI. Is yours a bit older, perhaps?The "fix for some older integrated cards" was some low-level bug fixing in our windowing library for the Intel GMA 3100. I happened to have an old file server in my closet that had that card, and we were able to find some problems with it by spending about two days of dev time. Mostly, it was working around driver bugs. I tried installing some other small indie games on the thing to see if they worked, and it was a real mixed bag. World of Goo, which came out a couple of years ago, didn't even start. So at least it's a common problem :)Anyway, from what I can gather, some versions of CCC allow you to override application mipmap settings and drop the top mips of large textures. In the last update we atlased our front end images (a requirement for supporting even lower-end cards), which put them into 2048x2048 textures. I'm not sure why the ATI utility people thought that arbitrarily dropping mips at the driver level was a good idea, but I'm just a lowly gameplay programmer.tl,dr; Old graphics cards and their broken-arsed drivers are the bane of my existence.

[MENTION=53764]kbfirebird[/MENTION]What version of CCC are you using? I wonder if the mipmap option has been removed in more recent version of CCC, or if it only shows up for older cards. Can you try updating your drivers and CCC to see if the option goes away?

Forgive me for being presumptuous about things I have absolutely no clue about. Sorry if I came off as rude ^^'

So something DID happen to those textures in this last update. Looks like our "old graphics cards and their broken-arsed drivers" are just being dumb, then. How tedious :/

Well, since my graphics are integrated and therefore have drivers specifically modified by the manufacturers, I could only download official drivers that were unbelievably out-of-date, like Catalyst version 7 or 8 point something or somewhat. The driver package I currently have is actually an unofficial Catalyst 12.11 package that's modified for older integrated cards like mine. With the modifications came some extra options in the CCC, but user Daxxal above was also able to manipulate mipmap settings, and I believe it's also a regular option in some official versions. Or I don't know.

And, I mean, it's bizarre.....at the high performance setting, I get images like this:

post-53764-13764596964941_thumb.png

And one, just ONE tick to the right to simply "Performance" makes everything lovely and sharp again:

post-53764-13764596965779_thumb.png

And for the two settings above that, things still get sharper, but only by an infinitesimal amount. And it doesn't noticeably affect anything but those few images, the HUD and Title and such, that were blurry before.

Which is crazy weird. I don't know what atlasing those specific images did, and I don't know why it was necessary; like I mentioned, I'm technology stupid. But there's no option to not override applications settings in my CCC. I wouldn't know how any other way.

My current drivers were a pain to install, and required me to go through the process of completely clearing out the old ones from my registry so that they wouldn't automatically override the new modded package. So forgive me if I decline to do so. I don't think there's been a recent stable update to these specific drivers anyway, and my only other options are the official drivers for my laptop, which are ancient, and the newer versions from AMD for legacy GPUs, which only cause problems since I have a Mobility card.

Forgive me for being presumptuous about things I have absolutely no clue about. Sorry if I came off as rude ^^'

So something DID happen to those textures in this last update. Looks like our "old graphics cards and their broken-arsed drivers" are just being dumb, then. How tedious :/

Well, since my graphics are integrated and therefore have drivers specifically modified by the manufacturers, I could only download official drivers that were unbelievably out-of-date, like Catalyst version 7 or 8 point something or somewhat. The driver package I currently have is actually a Catalyst 12.11 package modified for older integrated cards. With the modifications came some extra options in the CCC, but user Daxxal above was also able to manipulate mipmap settings, and I believe it's also a regular option in some official versions. Or I don't know.

And, I mean, it's bizarre.....at the high performance setting, I get images like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11416[/ATTACH]

And one, just ONE tick to the right to simply "Performance" makes everything lovely and sharp again:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11417[/ATTACH]

And for the two settings above that, things still get sharper, but only by an infinitesimal amount. And it doesn't noticeably affect anything but those few images, the HUD and Title and such, that were blurry before.

Which is crazy weird. I don't know what atlasing those specific images did, and I don't know why it was necessary; like I mentioned, I'm technology stupid. But there's no option to not override applications settings in my CCC. I wouldn't know how any other way.

My current drivers were a pain to install, and required me to go through the process of completely clearing out the old ones from my registry so that they wouldn't automatically override the new modified package. So forgive me if I decline to do so. I don't think there's been a recent stable update to these specific modified packages anyway, and my only other options are the official drivers for my laptop, which are ancient, and the newer versions from AMD for legacy drivers, which only cause problems since I have a Mobility card.

Heh, no problem about updating. We're writing a knowledge base article for this problem, and I was curious if we could just say "update your drivers!" as a solution. I forgot how... particular laptop drivers can be. Looks like we'll have to send people into the depths of CCC.

The behaviour that you're describing with the ticks and which elements get blurry actually makes sense. The UI image elements are all in one big 2k x 2k atlas, which is great for performance and batching, etc. The other elements images are in other textures, because they are anim nodes, or fonts, or whatever. So It looks like the slider starts dropping large mips from large textures first, and then works its way down. In a 3d engine, where textures don't define geometry, you would see this as a gradual blurring of texture quality. In a 2d engine (or a UI), you'll see it as a big stinkin' mess :)

Thanks for your help with this! It is appreciated!

Just registered to say I'm having the same problem, but I have an nVidia card. I just booted up the game on Steam after not playing for months and all the textures in-game look much lower res then they used to.I checked to make sure "Netbook Mode" wasn't on.I updated my graphics drivers (version 320.49 at the time of writing)I played around with the performance settings both in-game and on my cardI verified the integrity of my cache in Steam (100% validated, no issues detected)Nothing has worked for me, last time I played was right after the Winter Update.My Specs: Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHzGeForce GTX 260 w/ 1G memory4 GB DDR3 RAMWindows 7 Professional 64-bit1 TB Hard DriveHope that helps, I read about the new powers each character has and I'm eager to try them out, but this texture business kinda ruins the effect somewhat.

Just registered to say I'm having the same problem, but I have an nVidia card. I just booted up the game on Steam after not playing for months and all the textures in-game look much lower res then they used to.I checked to make sure "Netbook Mode" wasn't on.I updated my graphics drivers (version 320.49 at the time of writing)I played around with the performance settings both in-game and on my cardI verified the integrity of my cache in Steam (100% validated, no issues detected)Nothing has worked for me, last time I played was right after the Winter Update.My Specs: Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHzGeForce GTX 260 w/ 1G memory4 GB DDR3 RAMWindows 7 Professional 64-bit1 TB Hard DriveHope that helps, I read about the new powers each character has and I'm eager to try them out, but this texture business kinda ruins the effect somewhat.

Hmmm. First off, make sure that if you look at your settings.ini file (in mydocuments/klei/donotstarve) that enable_small_textures isn't set to true. If that is OK, I'm going to guess that there is some kind of performance setting buried in your nvidia control panel that is causing it. Look for things like Texture quality, MipMap, etc. If there's a way to reset the graphics card driver options to the factory defaults, try that.Good luck! And please tell us how it goes. I'm collecting all of the driver settings that can cause this for a knowledge base article.

I'm having the same issue, but thing is, there is no update for my drivers....sooo I'm out of options once again.I swear every other update breaks my game :/Granted, I know where everything is and what it is, but still...