366107044's Psychic Suggestion Megathread! Now open to all users!

IMPORTANT: RULES FOR ALL USERS ON THIS MEGATHREAD

1.No double-posts, spamming, or advertising.

2.No flaming, inappropriate comments, or derailing.

3.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however constructive criticism is expected.

4.No stealing another user's ideas without mentioning them

5.Try to avoid commonly suggested ideas

6.No multiplayer

7.Do not advertise this thread without my permission

8.Be friendly, and don't be a jerk!

First, I thought up some ideas for wendy & willow:

WILLOW:

First off, get rid of the "starts fires in the dark". Useless now. My idea: the "RMB light" prompt should appear on all flammable things and items, all the time. Also, I think attacks should have chances to light the opponent.

WENDY:

My suggestion is to add a perk (to make her less useless).

My idea involves graves; digging graves should have no sanity effect and ghosts should have less chances to spawn. These perks would make me actually want to play as her, because I have a "gravedigger playstyle".

WOLFGANG:

Needs to get hungrier faster.

WICKERBOTTOM:

Should still need shadow manip, but should be able to make night fuel from petals with alchemy station.

WX78:

Needs food to also spoil slower while in inventory. He has a COLD metal body, right?

MAXWELL:

Needs decreased max sanity, due to the things he has seen

The rest:

SHADOW MANIP.:

Decrease the nightmare fuel in the recipe to 6-8 (preferably 7). Add one more log to recipe.

HOUNDS:

Slightly decrease spawn rate & how large packs are. Too overwhelming.

MARBLE:

Make pillars & trees drop more marble.

DEERCLOPS:

Should show up for the first time on the second winter. I have never *legitly* experienced one.

KOALEPHANT:

Needs to change during seasons, should look like when a baby beefalo fully matures. Needs to appear slightly more often earlier, then less later

TERRORBEAK:

Needs to show up by 15 sanity. Noone really ever makes it to 0 sanity (unintentionally). Should drop more nightmare fuel.

CLOTHING DURABILITY:

Clothing needs to last much longer. Also, the sewing kit should use stingers & less silk.

BUTTERFLY CAKE:

Tier two butter muffin. Requires eggs, fruit, and butterfly wings. Made in crockpot

WARRIOR SPIDER:

Needs to have a some sort of poison effect. Should decrease health and sanity or health and speed, or both. Can be cured with cooked red shrooms.

TRAILS/ROADS:

Trails need to lead to smaller villages, roads need to connect the largest villages.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by 366107044
  • Like 1

CONTINUED VERSION:

here are more ideas.

(also I posted on a seperate post for bump)

GOLF CLUB:

A melee weapon. Damage of spear, durability of spike. Increases sanity by a flat rate very time you hit something with it. Requires alchemy engine to make. Requires 1 cut stone, 3 twigs, and 2 rope. Also has a chance to be dug up in graves.

BEEFALO:

During mating season, they should at least TRY to stay away from you. (I'm fine with them attacking though)

SPIKY TREEGAURDS:

Like the title suggest- spiky treegaurds. Higher damage & speed, however lower health.

DRYING RACK:

You should be able to put pigskin on a drying rack for bacon. Also, there needs to be turkey jerky, froggy jerky, and fishy jerky.

WINTERBOMB:

Crafted with a deerclops eyeball, 1 ice gems, and nightmare fuel, (with alchemy engine) this throw-able explosive freezes all organisms in the area (fairly high range)

TENTACLES:

There shouldn't be more than one within a certain area in my opinion. I don't like getting swarmed by those. Also needs same damage as the tentacle spike, but less health. (only logical)

RAINOMETER:

Needs to tell you about rain BEFORE it happens. It only goes on the "rainy" section while it's raining.

NIGHT HAND:

Music have some echoes, and needs to have a higher chance of spawning in later days.

GRUE/CHARLIE:

More sanity damage, less actual damage (at the moment it one-shots maxwell without armor. Slightly more frequent attacks.

MINOR ADDITIONS (small enough not to post another reply)

WINTER:

During winter, all players should slightly lose movement speed (from trudging in the snow), but something small like 5-10 %. Also, during winter, everyone should dish out slightly more damage, both the player and enemies (also about 5-10 %)

FROZEN ENEMIES:

At the moment, ice staffs are almost useless. Most frozen enemies break at and you both get a free hit. A frozen enemy should take between 50-100% MORE damage.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by 366107044

CONTINUED:I have some chesst themed ideas! Yay!STONE CHEST:Created with 3 cut stone, this gray rock chest has 4x4 storage, and has twice as much health (when dealing with krampus!)MARBLE CHEST:This chest uses 5 marble and 2 gold, has 5x5 storage, three times as much health as a standard wooden chest.ROT COMPACTOR:Made with 1 cut stone, a plank, and a rope, this structure increases the speed of rotting by 2 times.KRAMPUS:Needs a buff, higher chance to drop his sackTRAP CHEST:3 boards, gunpowder, and a gold, this baited chest blows up in Krampus's face!

1. Wow. I actually had some of the ideas. I like the others as well! GJ2.HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU HAVE PATIENCE ENOUGH TO WRITE ALL THIS. OR EVEN COME UP WITH IT? *ahem* I like those :D

Ten minutes a day I think of all the stupidest ideas I can. Then, once I have finished removing those, I spend another ten minutes making good ideas.My favorite ideas were the Golf Club and the Winterbomb.ANYWAYS, NEW BATCH COMING SOON.

Don't nerf Maxwell.

It's to make it so that its impossible to go insane without spamming shrooms while wearing night armor & sword.

- - - Updated - - -

If you would be able to make bacon on a Drying Rack,would the Bacon and Eggs recipe require bacon?If so,it would need a buff.

The bacon would be optional for the recipe. If made with bacon, it should be better.

Here comes the fourth batch everyone!TUSK SPEARrequiring a tusk, two sticks and 2 rope, this ranged weapon acts as a multi-use blow-dart, or high damage boomerang that doesn't come back (note that both these descriptions are the same thing, don't be confused). Stats:10 uses, 100 damage, same range as a magic staff. Upon throwing, the player will football-throw it at the opponent. When it stabs the opponent in the face, it should bounce off and stick in the ground. Stuns the player temporarily, larger opponents become un-stunned faster.POISON GLANDSDropped by warrior spiders (which I suggested earlier have poison effects), when used damages you. Combined with rocks and ash, creates a poison bowl. A poison bowl can be combined with a food item, to create a poisonous baited food. It should attract most montsers and some animals, and they will become sick, die, go to sleep, slow down, or have their AI's messed up.GHOSTSNeed better AI, should be able to warp in front of the player and corner them. Should drop a random trinket (ONLY trinkets, no items with uses). Should drop 1-2 ectoplasma (not ectoplasm, i mean ectoplasma)ECTOPLASMACan be used as a fuel in both the fire pit and night light. Can also be dug from graves.VOODOO STAFFCreated with a 1 gear, 1 ectoplasma, and a spear, can be used to turn them against their will. They will become more damaging, and have higher health, and be faster, attacking everything near but you until he dies. Requires shadow manip, has 15 uses (5 less than fire or ice staff), range of the staffs.SLINGSHOT:Created with 1 pigskin, 2 sticks and a rope. has 30 uses, this allows the launching off rabbits & birds, rocks, pinecones, and gunpowder. Rabbits and birds will do some damage, and die when used on an enemy. Rocks do more damage. Pinecones grow a tree (not a baby tree, a small one), and gunpowder explodes on impact. Sometimes, birds will fly away in the air, but not normally.Thats all I have this time around. Sorry for the lack of content!

Willow burning enemies would be a double edged sword, since their drops could end up burned, too...

thats why its only a chance;you know what would stink, is if you lit krampus on fire, and he dropped his sack, and it burned.

thats why its only a chance;you know what would stink, is if you lit krampus on fire, and he dropped his sack, and it burned.

Haha, that sounds just cruel enough to actually get implemented in the game! Edited by AlbinoWyvern

Actually, I don't think the krampus sack is flammable, but if it was , it would be VERY cruel.

It would make me love (and hate!) playing as Willow even more! Back on topic, the idea with spider warriors dropping poison which we can use to make poisonous food sounds great. I think you can do something like that to gobblers - dropping red mushrooms, the silly things eat them and die XD But I want to punish non-vegetarian(shroomarian?) creatures, too!By the way, your new avatar is neat. ;)

It would make me love (and hate!) playing as Willow even more! Back on topic, the idea with spider warriors dropping poison which we can use to make poisonous food sounds great. I think you can do something like that to gobblers - dropping red mushrooms, the silly things eat them and die XD But I want to punish non-vegetarian(shroomarian?) creatures, too!By the way, your new avatar is neat. ;)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!I would absolutely love to kill gobblers by tricking them to willfully kill themself. Just another reason to want to kill gobblers.And I JUST changed my avatar, thank you! I like yours too!EDIT: Just realized you said new avatar. lol.I'll probably get another post of ideas soon. Either that, or I'll make an art thread. Maybe I'll just check out the general discussion. I haven't been there in awhile. Edited by 366107044

Here it comes! another helping of delicious ideas!GRILLED MEATBy putting charcoal on a fire, it slightly changes the fire so that any meat cooked during that stage becomes "Grilled", allowing more sanity but less health.PERFECTION OF MEATYou can put already cooked meats on the fire, with a chance to either make "Medium Rare meat", or "Burnt Meat". NOTE: Higher chance of medium rare, something like 75-25.TEAPOTFelt like bringing this up, becuase I LOVE the idea. NOTE: Not minehttp://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?16827-New-food-structure-suggestion-Teapot-(with-pictures!)MONSTER SALADI have created a *slightly* new system for the crockpot. There will be monster values. Note that monster meat will still also be a meat value. A durian will be .5 monster value, and a monster meat will be a 1 monster value. At least 1.5 worth will make monster salad, and 2 worth will make a monser lasagnaGOLDSCALE POTIONNOTE: this idea came to me with the whole logic that gold tools last longerCreated with an alchemy engine, this special potion will provide a 60% armor rating for 240 seconds. Crafting recipe: 4 gold, 2 cooked red shrooms, and 2 butterfly wings. Initial drink: -10 sanity. When drunk, caracter will have a gold, scaley tint. Can be given to pigs.BOWL O' SHROOMSA crockpot recipe made with any four shrooms, this dish has a random effect on health and sanity (between -10 and 10), healing 30 hunger.THE OLD BOOTWhen fishing, there should be a chance to get an old boot. It can be eaten for 125 hunger, but -10 health and -20 sanity.Thats all for now, stay tuned!

Edited by 366107044

Here it comes! Some new ideas, and they're monster themed!PEACOCKSI mead a thread about this long ago. Peacocks (I have now decided) should have nests, in the same biomes which there are bees. They will act fairly similar to the gobbler, but have higher health and can attack back. (Note that peacocks will not lay eggs). The peacock will drop peacock feathers, which combined with a garland and snowbird feathers, creates the weather feather band, which decreases rain & lightning when worn.MERCENARY PIGA pig who's sits by a house in the outskirts of his village, this pig was made for fighting. To hire him, you need 2 meats at least. He has higher damage and an 40% armor rating, and wears a top hat, (however he will take football hats).BONE HANDSometimes, when on low sanity, and in a graveyard, a bony hand will come out of a dug up grave. The hand will try to grab at the players ankles (note that this crawls on the floor like a night hand) and pull them into a grave, killing them. To escape, the player must leave the graveyard immediately. (the bone hand would have the exact same speed as the player, so if the player stops the hand catches up).BLOODHOUNDIn later days, (starting halfway through second winter), there will be a chance of Bloodhounds spawning. Bloodhounds should have higher damage and speed, and always target the player. (always, even if being mauled by pigs). Upon death, he has a higher chance of dropping teeth, and a low chance of dropping ectoplasma.ELDER BEEFALOThis beefalo generally doesn't roam much. These beefalo will appear in replace of a few random mature beefalo during mating season. They are slower, lower damage, lower health, etc. At the next mating season, they will die, dropping slightly less drops than a normal beefaloto be continued!

Great ideas again,but I think:no gears for the Voodoo Staff.Gears aren't very voodooey(is that a word?).Maybe Purple Gem or some Nightmare fuel.Or feathers!Those were used in voodoo rituals,I think.

I chose gears because of the shape and color.post-8373-13764593445994_thumb.pngThats what I imagined as the head of the staff becuase it looks almost like a sun or shining star, a symbolic magical image.

Structural support is good for a megathread! Here comes some structuresALARMUsing a deerclops eyeball, gears, and 4 planks, this robotic eye watches over the area, making a loud noise and mapping monsters while they're in the area.COIL TRANSFORMEROrigiannaly, I was going to name it the "Tesla Coil" (which was invented at the proper time), is an attachment to the lightning rod, allowing to charge a few things (will be mentioned in the next batch). Requires 2 gold nuggets, a cut stone and a rope.STEAMPUNK WORKBENCHJust as you think it would be- 3.5 tier (2nd science brance from alchemy engine, other being shadow tech) created with gears, planks, and gold. Used to create a few steampunk-y things (will be mentioned later)WALLSYou need to be able to place a lesser wall on a greater wall (like wood on stone, but not wood on grass)DARKNESS EXTRACTORIt filters and pulls pure insanity out of the atmosphere. Requires 3 blue gems (to condense nightmares into fuel), gears (for filtering), and stone bricks (the main machine). After full day's worth of being near a crawling horror, lit night light, terrorbeak or night hand, the extractor will appear to be pumping out smog. It can be collected, and provides a nightmare fuel, but there is a chance of taking 5-10 damage (to sanity) when doing so. (created with steampunk workbench)MAGICAL FORGEA small forge used to create gears and flint. Created with 3 red gems (for heating), a nightmare fuel (for magical fire), and stone bricks. You can place old tools in. After 3-5 flint tools are put into the forge, 3-5 flint can be collected. After 2 gold tools are placed in, a gear can be collected. (created with shadow manip)So, how do these sound? Chargable tools and steampunk prototypes coming soon!

Edited by 366107044

There's a lethal force in the air! It's lightning! Here comes my first idea set involving the "Coil Transformer"LIGHTNING STAFFObviously, you can imagine what this does. Shoots lightning. Crafting recipe: Spear, 3 gold, 1 gear, alchemy engine. When created has full static charge. Here is my system:The lightning staff will have to variables as to wether its usable or not, like the hambat (which is spoilage and durability), but this will be charge and durability. A fully CHARGED lightning staff will have 10 uses before it must be recharged. To FULLY recharge a lightning staff (going from 0 to 100) would use all the energy in the transformer lightning rod. Every use will use 2% of the staff's DURABILITY. Durability will be represented with percentages (like most tools), and charge will be represented like spoilage, like foods. The colors for charge will be blue (high), yellow (medium), and red (low). You will need a coil transformer to recharge this.Damage: 75-125, 35% chance to stun, 25% do area damage.ELECTRIC STONERequires a heat stone, gears, and a red gem, the electric stone is a 2nd teir heat stone, providing more heat longer. Also, instead of waiting, you just pop it in the coil transformer, and it fully charges. (NOTE: would still be a good idea to carry a normal heat stone). Requires: Alchemy engine.SHOCKMINELike a beemine, the shockmine is a landmine-type trap. Upon stepping on, this will cause fairly high chain damage to most enemies in the area. DAMAGE: 75-25 (lower if more enemies). Charged/recharged with coil transformer. Crafting: 4 gold, 1 cut stone, 2 flint.ELECTRIC MINOR HAT:Requires a minor hat, 1 gold and 1 red gem, the Electric Miner Hat is a miner hat that last slightly less, but does not break and can be recharged when losing all charge.Anyone think I need more 'lectric items? Say so!

There's a lethal force in the air! It's lightning! Here comes my first idea set involving the "Coil Transformer"LIGHTNING STAFFObviously, you can imagine what this does. Shoots lightning. Crafting recipe: Spear, 3 gold, 1 gear, alchemy engine. When created has full static charge. Here is my system:The lightning staff will have to variables as to wether its usable or not, like the hambat (which is spoilage and durability), but this will be charge and durability. A fully CHARGED lightning staff will have 10 uses before it must be recharged. To FULLY recharge a lightning staff (going from 0 to 100) would use all the energy in the transformer lightning rod. Every use will use 2% of the staff's DURABILITY. Durability will be represented with percentages (like most tools), and charge will be represented like spoilage, like foods. The colors for charge will be blue (high), yellow (medium), and red (low). You will need a coil transformer to recharge this.Damage: 75-125, 35% chance to stun, 25% do area damage.ELECTRIC STONERequires a heat stone, gears, and a red gem, the electric stone is a 2nd teir heat stone, providing more heat longer. Also, instead of waiting, you just pop it in the coil transformer, and it fully charges. (NOTE: would still be a good idea to carry a normal heat stone). Requires: Alchemy engine.SHOCKMINELike a beemine, the shockmine is a landmine-type trap. Upon stepping on, this will cause fairly high chain damage to most enemies in the area. DAMAGE: 75-25 (lower if more enemies). Charged/recharged with coil transformer. Crafting: 4 gold, 1 cut stone, 2 flint.ELECTRIC MINOR HAT:Requires a minor hat, 1 gold and 1 red gem, the Electric Miner Hat is a miner hat that last slightly less, but does not break and can be recharged when losing all charge.Anyone think I need more 'lectric items? Say so!

Awesome-o!I think there's enough electric items.