smooth-landing

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone please tell me what Land Branch and Land Loop do?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Boar Head

Boar Head

• 1321 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I've been activating these to see what would be different about my map but I couldn't notice a difference.

#2 ~Matt

~Matt
  • Grim Writer

• 813 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Land Branches are essentially bridges between two land pieces, and Land Loop is the division between those pieces. Having loops but not branches will generate worm holes in your world. Having branches but not loops... well idk what that does.

#3 Boar Head

Boar Head

• 1321 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Land Branches are essentially bridges between two land pieces, and Land Loop is the division between those pieces. Having loops but not branches will generate worm holes in your world. Having branches but not loops... well idk what that does.

Thank you. Interesting.

#4 redmario14

redmario14

• 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

What if you have both turned off?
Yesterday, I tripped over a boulder, today, I tripped over a rock, does that mean tomorrow I'll trip over a pebble?

#5 ~Matt

~Matt
  • Grim Writer

• 813 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

What if you have both turned off?

Flat land. A single giant island.

#6 Wolf Gang

Wolf Gang

• 573 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

So do you think wormholes would be better or the land branching off?

Chester plushie please Klei! :love_heart:

Derp Bulbasaur

#7 ~Matt

~Matt
  • Grim Writer

• 813 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

So do you think wormholes would be better or the land branching off?

Pro of land branch: You don't lose sanity. Con of land branch: You will need to go across the world if you're in another part of the map. / Pro of worm hole: You can get to the land from a pretty big distance. Con of worm hole: You need to find the right wormhole; You lose sanity.It's up to you now.

#8 LtShinySides

LtShinySides

• 1173 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

This is really helpful information. Thanks [MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION]
Save the Krampus!

#9 wolfpriest13

wolfpriest13

• 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I would add, worm hole losing sanity is good for beard or nightmare fuel farming, trap beardlings at low sanity and if you get to low kill the ghosts things *sorry couldn't remember real name of monster* this is useful for even wilson, before i died in my last one i had constant sanity of like 30-40 and gotten 11 beards and over 16 nightmare fuel

#10 tehMugwump

tehMugwump
  • Handsome!

• 1857 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Digging up graves also puts you over the edge, sanity-wise.

I would add, worm hole losing sanity is good for beard or nightmare fuel farming, trap beardlings at low sanity and if you get to low kill the ghosts things *sorry couldn't remember real name of monster* this is useful for even wilson, before i died in my last one i had constant sanity of like 30-40 and gotten 11 beards and over 16 nightmare fuel

#11 Orima-Kazooie

Orima-Kazooie

• 786 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Yeah you can get a ridiculous amount of nightmare fuel by farming it from horrors when at just under thirty if you have good weapons and high health, and then hop through the wormhole again to drop your sanity back under after the boost from killing the hallucination if you can fight again.It's also worth noting that once you go below ten(5? Total insanity?) the horrors are slightly stronger but drop twice the nightmare fuel.

#12 Isaacg

Isaacg

• 489 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

http://imgur.com/a/aGPYPHere are examples of most combinations.
Pessimism is contagious.