- - - - -

Werepig Glitches

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Balthizaur

Balthizaur

• 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

I have a nice little pig city i like to live in, only problem is on the 9th day (full moon) they transform and don't turn back, on the 12th day i was still running around avoiding them and trying out run the ones that were following me which is next to impossible... aren't they meant to turn back come the end of the night by the morning of the 10th day?

#2 Excess

Excess
  • Burns Things

• 1444 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

They may transform back if you let them be and go away. If they are constantly harassing you I'm not sure they get back to being pigs. Try it out and post your findings...

...for SCIENCE!
Don't Starve Controls (learn how to get around)
How to move with [Z][Q][S][D] (on an Azerty keyboard)
All you wanna know about multiplayer (but where too lazy to look for)

#3 Corey

Corey

• 343 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Just curious, are you playing on Steam? It's true that the Werepigs should change back eventually. So if they are not at all, that's an issue. Does this always happen? Or did it just happen once?

Follow Klei:
Twitter: @Klei
Facebook: facebook.com/kleientertainment

Follow Me:
Twitter: @CoreyRollins

#4 Balthizaur

Balthizaur

• 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

It is on steam, and it happened in multiple villages in one playthrough, unfortunately i couldn't keep running for more then 3 days as i ran out of wood i had to drop into the fire... i am working to reproduce the results again, but i have to make it to day 9 or 27

#5 Balthizaur

Balthizaur

• 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think i figured it out, the problem people are having with were-pigs not turning back, when they have something to do or attack it stops them turning back, so if you have them in a pig village, if somehow pigs start to spawn in the houses cause a were-pig died or they started fighting, they'll start killing the newly spawned pigs and stay transformed, same if you have spider nearby or something.
like my Plastic Surgeon always said.. "If you gotta go.. go with a smile" hahaha-HAHA :D

#6 deskp

deskp

• 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

This is happening in my game aswell, does not seem right.
steam version for me aswell.

#7 Morda

Morda

• 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I've had this happen as well, what I did was to kite the werepigs out to the swamp and had the tentacle monsters murder all of them. Apparently tentacle > 3 werepigs.
One weird thing is that the werepigs NEVER stop chasing you, unless you drop some meat (which I had none of at the time), so you have to eventually stop to kill them. I haven't been back to the pig village since that incident because whenever I come close to it I hear the telltale werepig "growls" and immediately skedaddle.

#8 taylynne

taylynne

• 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think i figured it out, the problem people are having with were-pigs not turning back, when they have something to do or attack it stops them turning back, so if you have them in a pig village, if somehow pigs start to spawn in the houses cause a were-pig died or they started fighting, they'll start killing the newly spawned pigs and stay transformed, same if you have spider nearby or something.

This would make sense. I play on both chrome and steam, but I haven't really dealt with werepigs on steam. However, on chrome I had the issue of werepigs not going back to normal pigs. I waited a few days, but they didn't... they stayed there and killed other pigs. Then when I came by they were also attacking bees and beehives, and pigs whenever they spawn!

#9 Drakitty

Drakitty

• 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

I've also had werepig problems twice in my gaming experiences. both were as a result of a full moon occuring DURING a character death. when I respawn, the fullmoon seems to affect the werepig's so they become were, and then STAY were. this makes it very hard, since I just bloody died!! I can't survive, naked, with my stuff lying around in the wilderness that's being ravaged by hoards of werepigs. and it figures I was just on my way back from exploring, and toting back loads of loot, from pig/vs mating beefalo  I bet those turds will eat it all.

so it seems the only solution, is to have all the pigmen die? *grumbles* I think I"m gonna play godmode, and destroy them this is looking like a gamecode error. 

#10 Drakitty

Drakitty

• 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I've also had werepig problems twice in my gaming experiences. both were as a result of a full moon occuring DURING a character death. when I respawn, the fullmoon seems to affect the werepig's so they become were, and then STAY were. this makes it very hard, since I just bloody died!! I can't survive, naked, with my stuff lying around in the wilderness that's being ravaged by hoards of werepigs. and it figures I was just on my way back from exploring, and toting back loads of loot, from pig/vs mating beefalo  I bet those turds will eat it all.

so it seems the only solution, is to have all the pigmen die? *grumbles* I think I"m gonna play godmode, and destroy them this is looking like a gamecode error. 

ok, I closed the game fully, and reopened, fully prepared to godmode them asses, and...the pigs were reverted. 

so if anyone gets werepig errors, try closing the game, I did also try exiting the world, but that did not solve it, however, closing and reopening the game fully, did work!! no godmode required! IT IS POSSIBLE that opening a different world is what did it, because I did also open another world, which i activated godmode in, [naturally it's good to test and make sure you remember the commands before you're slaughtered...] so this MIGHT be what did it. either way, problem was solved without undue hassle. and I got most of my loot back, upwards of 40 meat and other thingies.

#11 Silentdarkness1

Silentdarkness1
  • Super Duper

• 2643 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

EDIT: GOD.....NOT AGAIN.

Edited by Silentdarkness1, 29 November 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#12 Xjurwi

Xjurwi
  • Sketchy

• 3298 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

May I also add that if you attack a Werepig mid-transformation(before all his hair grows in), the animation is cancelled and he goes straight to attacking. But if you wait for him to start howling, all is well.

Can you please not support this necro here? We already talked about this.

*Witty clever signature*