A Clever, Snappy Art Thread Title

what is this i don't even

its Wilson and Professor E. gadd (of luigi's mansion) fighting sort of..you know they would fight Wilson hates ghosts and thinks they are not science and E. gadd has decated his life to the scientific study of ghosts Edited by stormfront

its Wilson and Professor E. gadd (of luigi's mansion) fighting sort of..you know they would fight Wilson hates ghosts and thinks they are not science and E. gadd has decated his life to the scientific study of ghosts

Luigi's Mansion was the best! I had a friend who had a Gamecube, and we would play it all the time. Wilson would definitely be offended as a scientist over the whole thing, though. Personally, I think I'm done with crossovers for the time being. The Portal one really smacked me upside the head, so I kind of had no choice, but nothing else crossovery really inspires me at the moment. So I'll probably just stick to plain ol' DS for now. Maybe I'll finish my Deerclops one tonight and post it later. I don't really like it as much as the others, but at least its something.

[MENTION=4161]Shadow_Of_Awesome[/MENTION], your koalaphant is quite dapper, but kind of unrelated to the conversation. People have posted little snippets of their own art on the thread, which I don't mind on occasion, since they pertain to the subject at hand. But I really want to avoid derailing the thread, or turning it into a free for all. I'm all for the creation of a community crossover thread like [MENTION=22287]ShnarfBird[/MENTION] mentioned, but I'd like to make that a separate thing, rather than having it take over this thread. But I encourage you to start a thread yourself if you feel motivated to make more stuff!

Edited by Sarcosuchus

I was watching Supernatural while doodling last night, and it got me thinking some more about hellhounds. Hounds are one of my favorite mobs, but they're kind of rolly-poly in game, so I decided to try to make a version with slightly more realistic proportions. Only my version is on fire before death, for dramatic effect...and because I am too lazy to color it red to differentiate it from the normal hound on the right. :)post-6023-13764592488994_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I was watching Supernatural while doodling last night, and it got me thinking some more about hellhounds. Hounds are one of my favorite mobs, but they're kind of rolly-poly in game, so I decided to try to make a version with slightly more realistic proportions. Only my version is on fire before death, for dramatic effect...and because I am too lazy to color it red to differentiate it from the normal hound on the right. :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]5735[/ATTACH]

Reminds me of the Beast of Gévaudan

Posted Image

Deerclops is hesitant to abandon his post and head off for his summer vacation, but Treeguard and Smallbird assure him that they've got it covered.
"Trust us, once he's insane enough, he's not going to be able to tell the difference."

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Maxwell's new biomes are pretty dapper, I'll give him that, but the guy has an unhealthy obsession with chess. We get it, Max: you have pawns, you're a king, it's a big strategy game, we know! But his minions really don't get a say in the matter, which is unfortunate. There is some clockwork knight out there whose unrequited desire is to play just one game of Candyland before he's smashed into gears. When they're chasing down Wilson, it's really just a desperate attempt to get him to play Monopoly. Wilson still bolts, though, because he he'd starve to death before actually completing the game....much like Monopoly in real life -_-.

Edited by Sarcosuchus
  • Like 1

I still have a ton on my plate, but I really want to squeeze in some drawing time. The problem is, my brain is so empty right now it makes Wilson's stomach look full. So, anybody have a request? I just want to try some doodles to expand my range, but I kind of limit myself to the things I'm comfortable with on my own. So drawing a few random things might be helpful to break me out of this rut :)

Hi there [MENTION=6023]Sarcosuchus[/MENTION], I just wanted to give you a heads up because we actually featured your fan art thread on the Don't Starve official site! I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even) but you made them adorable! Oh and by the way, I loved your sketch of the Deerclops and the Treeguard talking. Excellent stuff my friend!

Hi there [MENTION=6023]Sarcosuchus[/MENTION], I just wanted to give you a heads up because we actually featured your fan art thread on the Don't Starve official site! I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even) but you made them adorable! Oh and by the way, I loved your sketch of the Deerclops and the Treeguard talking. Excellent stuff my friend!

OH.

Oh my. Wow.

I'm... I'm kind of speechless. Thank you so much!!! The fact that you like my stuff would be enough to make my day, but an art feature...!

post-6023-13764597199071_thumb.gif

I can't even find an appropriate emoticon to express my feelings about this, which is saying something, since you offer quite a selection of Wilson smilies. Actually, scratch that: I guess this one is pretty darn close: :wilson_ecstatic:

I also can't believe I accidentally let this thread wither up... behold the result of the potent combination of temporary artist's block with the creation of a Tumblr account. Bah, excuses! I'm going to have to get back on the horse now, especially since I've gotten a hold of a tablet recently. It figures that now of all times, I would be waiting on replacement nibs. :\ Once I get my hands on those little devils, we'll see if I can't resuscitate this thread a little. :D

(@%1; I took a gander at the fanart page on the main website, and while I absolutely love it, I've noticed something amiss. All of the paper sketches are mine, but the picture of the gold gramophone-esque camera is the work of the talented [MENTION=5416]ScienceMachine[/MENTION]. We were exchanging Portal/Don't Starve art for a little while, so there are smatterings of other artists' work throughout this thread. Is there any way that the camera picture could be removed? I would hate to steal any credit for something that isn't mine. Thanks! )

Edited by Sarcosuchus
my gif didn't work the first time D:

(I don't have my tablet back yet, but the opportunity was too good to resist...sorry, JanH, it had to be done :wilson_sneaky:)

I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even) but you made them adorable! Oh and by the way, I loved your sketch of the Deerclops and the Treeguard talking.

I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even)

I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even)

post-6023-13764597321934_thumb.png

post-6023-13764597322371_thumb.png

post-6023-13764597322665_thumb.png

I'm not a big fan of the spiders (can't look at them even) but you made them adorable! Oh and by the way, I loved your sketch of the Deerclops and the Treeguard talking.

post-6023-1376459732293_thumb.png

post-6023-13764597350211_thumb.png

After all, when a half-crazy bearded scientist is trying to kill you on a daily basis, you have to make friends in high places if you wanna survive. And if those friends happen to be able to coerce a dev into loving you, that's just a bonus :D

Ok, I just got my nibs in the mail, so I can use my tablet again...but since I haven't been able to use it for so long, I am incapable of drawing anything that doesn't look like a pile of beefalo manure. I need to refresh my tablet skills, but I'm drawing a blank here.Both literally and figuratively. So, does anyone have any requests? I can't make any promises that I'll actually be able to do what you ask for, but I'd appreciate any ideas.

(I don't have my tablet back yet, but the opportunity was too good to resist...sorry, JanH, it had to be done :wilson_sneaky:)[ATTACH=CONFIG]11905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11906[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11907[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11908[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11910[/ATTACH]After all, when a half-crazy bearded scientist is trying to kill you on a daily basis, you have to make friends in high places if you wanna survive. And if those friends happen to be able to coerce a dev into loving you, that's just a bonus :D

Saw this today it just made me go :yaypigs:! So funny!

I like Don't Starve with cake crossing portal...^^

Here is another TWO game references for ya CAKE IS A LIE!If you know what to games im talking about reply PS. Sarcosuchus you got some talent man! and we have all been there with the scanner.

Here is another TWO game references for ya CAKE IS A LIE!If you know what to games im talking about reply PS. Sarcosuchus you got some talent man! and we have all been there with the scanner.

I see what you did there, Portal wise. But two games? I'm probably just being a dunderhead and missing something obvious, but all I see is your Portal reference. Can you clue me in, dunderhead that I am?And thanks so much for the compliment! :D I'm in this weird place where I'm still learning how to use my tablet; I have a choice between art I'm satisfied with on paper not working with the scanner, or easy-to-post tablet work that makes me want to dig a hole and sit in it. Pick your poison, I guess.

feather hat

just curious, will you draw any of the characters? (wilson, williow, etc)

Yup, feather hat! I've never actually made one ingame, since I don't need feathers or morsels that badly. Plus, Wilson's stuck in a hellish wilderness, I'm not gonna add insult to injury and make him wear a headdress made with, well, the....unmentionables... of a tentacle. The smallbird seems to be ok with it, though.

But as to character drawing, the answer is a tentative- *rolls away rapidly*

I just find that creatures are a lot more forgiving than people when it comes to doodles: no hands, simpler expressions, no hands, variable body proportions, no hands I really love the character designs, but I worry that I won't be able to do them justice. But if people want character drawings, I'll try to give it my best shot! :wilson_dorky: