Don't Starve: Steam Alpha - Terrible Framerate?

I just bought the game from Steam, I was really excited for it since the Chrome version ran really smooth for me.

But I downloaded the game and immediately when I started the world, I got terrible framerate, about 10FPS.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is it just a problem with the Steam version, I'm really annoyed that I can't play the game..

Hey,

I have a Intel Dual Core 1.5GHz with Intel HD Graphics (3000, I think) with 4GB of RAM, I have DirectX 11 on my computer. But I still don't get how the Steam version has such low framerate, the Chrome version is working really smooth but when I play it through Steam, I can't play at all, changing resolutions doesn't change anything.

Solved! I was having the same issue. One computer was running it smoothly while the other was at an extremely low FPS.

To solve, i went into the nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > program settings. Since it is a steam game, you probably will have to add Don't Starve to the program list. To add it, the Default path for the game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\bin. In "bin" You should see a file called dontstarve_steam.

From there, on the "specify settings for this program" in the nvidia control panel. I turned on triple buffering and vertical sync.

I havent tested this extensively but so far the game has been running smoothly. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Solved! I was having the same issue. One computer was running it smoothly while the other was at an extremely low FPS.

To solve, i went into the nvidia control panel > manage 3d settings > program settings. Since it is a steam game, you probably will have to add Don't Starve to the program list. To add it, the Default path for the game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\bin. In "bin" You should see a file called dontstarve_steam.

From there, on the "specify settings for this program" in the nvidia control panel. I turned on triple buffering and vertical sync.

I havent tested this extensively but so far the game has been running smoothly. Hope this helps!

Cheers

OMGOSH Finallink you are my hero! Works for me!