smooth-landing

• Create Account

Invisible, Inc. coming to Steam Early Access August 19!

For more info, check out our post here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/39112-invisible-inc-coming-to-steam-early-access-august-19/

Photo
- - - - -

Interactive lua console

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Indicativaz

Indicativaz

• 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think there should be a list of commands - or how to find them at least lolAlso how do you bring up the console if pressing the ~ doesn't work?I tried ctrl+ , shift+ alt+ and alt gr + ~... It will not show... :p(I'm on a laptop - so obviously my keyboard sucks)

#2 Palpetinus

Palpetinus
  • i report u

• 3897 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think there should be a list of commands - or how to find them at least lolAlso how do you bring up the console if pressing the ~ doesn't work?I tried ctrl+ , shift+ alt+ and alt gr + ~... It will not show... :p(I'm on a laptop - so obviously my keyboard sucks)

Console buttons i have seen so far in many games due to different keyboard thingies:^+ (next to enter)ö (if german keyboard layout and stuff)and yeah, ~EDIT: If it's not one of them, please just smash buttons until you hit the right one. It's gotta be one of them.

Edited by Palpetinus, 12 March 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Feel free to correct me if you should find me writing hogwash.

Proud member of the Dapper Den.

#3 Indicativaz

Indicativaz

• 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

So if I manage to make it work - will I be able to see the commands in the console?Otherwise I stand by my idea to make a list of 'em , possibly sticky.Edit: I got it - now I need the commands!

Edited by Indicativaz, 13 March 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#4 Indicativaz

Indicativaz

• 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Bump for commands lol

#5 WingofTech

WingofTech

• 91 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Bump for the commands... again?

#6 osadat

osadat

• 463 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bump for commands
FOR SCIENCE!

#7 sirmentlegen

sirmentlegen
  • Senior Citizen

• 2885 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

DebugSpawn("Wilson")
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Unofficial Bacon Lord of the forum.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#8 WrathOf

WrathOf
  • GameModWranger:Help()

• 1028 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Um, from the looks of it...there are no commands....this is providing a raw LUA code entry screen....so the whole game is at your disposal....albiet one line at a time....since it is not a full blown command line lua interpreter....yet.:wilson_cool:

#9 Indicativaz

Indicativaz

• 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Wait, so I'll have to learn LUA code?Damn , I'm already busy with like 5 different web development languages lol

#10 SwiftShadow2

SwiftShadow2

• 238 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

DebugSpawn("Wilson")

Sooo.... this.
The Maddest of Hatters..

Thanks for an awesome avatar to Raven Crow!

#11 Crizer

Crizer

• 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sooo the commandDebugSpawn("xxxxxx")works and spawns the designated item where ever your mouse is it can be a monster or a plant or even a dropped item.so far it works by spawning a single item i haven't tried multiple at once.The main issue i found is i have no idea how to spawn items that have a 2 word name. to spawn a flower i can simply writeDebugSpawn("flower")and it will spawn a flower on my mouse cursorbut for soemthing that has a 2 word name i dont know how to for example the dark sword does nto work with this ocommandiv triedDebugSpawn("Dark Sword")DebugSpawn("Dark_Sword")DebugSpawn("Dark.Sword") any ideas on hwo to make the command work with items with 2 names?

#12 Ardcurai

Ardcurai

• 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Try DebugSpawn("livinglog"), it worked for me. Check the prefabs to see the exact name.

#13 Indicativaz

Indicativaz

• 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Sooo the commandDebugSpawn("xxxxxx")works and spawns the designated item where ever your mouse is it can be a monster or a plant or even a dropped item.so far it works by spawning a single item i haven't tried multiple at once.The main issue i found is i have no idea how to spawn items that have a 2 word name. to spawn a flower i can simply writeDebugSpawn("flower")and it will spawn a flower on my mouse cursorbut for soemthing that has a 2 word name i dont know how to for example the dark sword does nto work with this ocommandiv triedDebugSpawn("Dark Sword")DebugSpawn("Dark_Sword")DebugSpawn("Dark.Sword")any ideas on hwo to make the command work with items with 2 names?

I wen't through the prefab file, it's 'nightsword' ;)

Edited by Indicativaz, 14 March 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#14 Crizer

Crizer

• 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

ohhh nice guysso far i had just been guessing names =/ cause i didnt actually know where the prefab files were.(were are they lol XD)

#15 killkid3600

killkid3600

• 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yay! Lua right? Yay! I use a mod for this!

#16 366107044

• My Leg!

• 1498 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

DebugSpawn("Deerclops") FINNALLY! YES!

#17 Excess

Excess
  • Burns Things

• 1444 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Edit: I got it - now I need the commands!

May I ask what button worked for you, and what keyboard layout do you use? (or where are you from at least).
Don't Starve Controls (learn how to get around)
How to move with [Z][Q][S][D] (on an Azerty keyboard)
All you wanna know about multiplayer (but where too lazy to look for)

#18 366107044

• My Leg!

• 1498 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

How do you make a stack of more than one without rewriting (yes you can do multiple actions at once), for instance, i dont want DebugSpawn("Gunpowder") DebugSpawn("Gunpowder") DebugSpawn("Gunpowder") DebugSpawn("Gunpowder"), I want like DebugSpawn("Gunpowder") x 400 or something...

#19 jakassme

jakassme

• 265 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

DebugSpawn("Wilson")

lol made a army Xed
My idea of Making Life with lightning!

http://forums.kleien...with-lightning-!

#20 WrathOf

WrathOf
  • GameModWranger:Help()

• 1028 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yes, you must use the game's internal name for things, not what the interface calls it. Typically, you can use the name of the file in the prefab folder but in cases like mushrooms or trees, you need to open the file and look at the bottom for the various "versions" of that item e.g. "evergreen_short" or "red_cap".

For multiple items, you can use a simple for loop
for x = 1, 10 do DebugSpawn("carrot") end

but you will need to pick up each one as this will not create a "stack" of the item. That would need more code than is comfortable to type into the console screen at the moment.