- Food spoils over long periods of time. Stale and Spoiled foods are less beneficial. Rotten food is practically inedible, but can be used as fuel or fertilizer.
- Health and hunger values have been re-tuned across the board. Characters have a larger hunger buffer now.
- Crock pot foods are stackable.
- You can build a fridge to mitigate spoilage.
- New unlockable character: WX78, a robot who can eat spoiled food with no penalties, and who hates all living things.
- Steam cloud can be disabled (details below)
- Camera controls for streamers/youtubers: CTRL+P will freeze the camera in place. CTRL+H will hide the
- Smallbirds grow up to become angsty Teenbirds. Teenbirds grow up to be Tallbirds and leave the player.
- The mysterious Otto Von Chesterfield can be found in some swamps, and is befriendable. (You will need a regen to find him)
- Beefalo travel in proper herds now. Herds regenerate off-screen (currently with adults)
- Beefalo herds become agitated when they go into heat, and will chase away the player if they are not wearing a beefalo hat.
- Beefalo sometimes drop a beefalo horn, which can be used to move beefalos around.
- The spiderhat is no longer craftable - you just wear the queen's head directly. It also can't be used to steal spiders from an existing queen.
Disabling steam cloud:
Some people have reported problems with steam cloud. We have added a workaround that will cause the game to save its files in your documents directory instead. To activate this mode,
add the following two lines to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\settings. ini file:
DISABLECLOUD = true