There was a malfunction with our time machine, so I had to release tomorrow's update TODAY!
The TURF update is live!
This update adds the ability to dig up ground types using the shovel, revealing the bare dirt below. This results in a turf object, that can be placed down on bare dirt tiles. This is largely a cosmetic feature for the time being, but will probably become less so as we start to make tile types matter more.
Oh, and we got new art for the rocky biome, because it was previously just a duplicate of road.
This update was intentionally small, just to jump start our new 2013 schedule. The next usual-sized update is one week from today on January 15th, and then every two weeks from then on.
Edit: Turns out some fixes slipped through our rigorous build vetting process:
* Butter muffin is no longer invisible in the crock pot
* Items drop from hives when destroyed by Abigail
* Fixed some typos
* Fixed rabbits not respawning from holes sometimes
* Creatures keep their targets between save/loads
* Birds render in the bird trap again
* New items will try to stack into existing backpack/equip stacks
* Fixed an infinite mandrake exploit