World Generation, Incomplete Map, No Tumbleweeds and Area, Ran Out of Rocks/Nitre

KleiWho
  • Pending

Had my new PS4 for two weeks now. Had played Don't Starve Together (DST) on my PC and wanted to try it on the PS4. I had customize for small world (no loops, no branches, etc.) and choose to have very long Autumn and Spring  and very short Summer and Winter. For "World Regrowth", I chose VERY FAST. I left everything else in default. Problem is I haven't seen rocks regenerate at all. I needed nitre for booster shots and can't make them since rocks never came back. I went through my map twice and can't find tumbleweeds and the area anywhere. It's like the world cut off parts of the world. For example, I see three (3) branch areas that was about to form, but cut off  so there's like three inches on the screen for these 3 areas.

So far I saw one person stated that customizing the world would mess up the world regenerating/refreshing since that was his problem on his world.

I'm currently playing with the lowest health points (black indicator in health monitor) - no rocks equals no nitres to create booster shots.

Anyone have any clue why this is messed up?

Steps to Reproduce
I've played on DST on PC so I am familiar with the settings and customizing a world. My PS4 world is not regenerating so I'm out of rocks/nitres/booster shots. Map generated looks incomplete. I had customize for small world (no loops, no branches, etc.) and choose to have very long Autumn and Spring and very short Summer and Winter. Even though I chose VERY FAST for World Generation, it never refresh resources.

User Feedback

IMG_0048.JPG

Where's tumbleweeds and area? In Classic DST mode.

IMG_0837.JPG

Edited by KleiWho

Share this comment

You have to be in the area where meteors occurs, its how you get rocks. I have the same issue in my world, some areas is just like a ghost town/blaked with no more rocks. There's only one area that has meteors, it's the smallest area ever and it's the only one i can get some rocks if im lucky to see meteors.. you can tell which area has meteors there's marks on the floor

Share this comment

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, KleiWho said:

BTW...World Generation is actually "World Regrowth". Just caught the error.

IMG_0048.JPG

Those grey looking trees just up from the spiders are the start of trees turning into a petrified forest... they'll give you plenty of nitre & rocks as the petrification spreads. :)

Also plant additional trees in various biomes... I planted 40 trees in the savannah part in the desert, wasn't long before it petrified! 

Edited by bestnick8

Share this comment

bestnick8 - You're right. I did get rocks and nitre from those petrified trees. I am on CLASSIC DST world mode. Is this the reason I don't see tumbleweeds or area on my map?

Share this comment

15 hours ago, KleiWho said:

bestnick8 - You're right. I did get rocks and nitre from those petrified trees. I am on CLASSIC DST world mode. Is this the reason I don't see tumbleweeds or area on my map?

Yes, the Classic DST preset apparently disables RoG biomes. I read a lot of semi-useless info about this game, that's how I know.

Share this comment

Astroknot (Reminds me of a claymation: The Adventures of Mark Twain) - Thanks for knowing and confirming. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:31 AM, Astroknot said:

Yes, the Classic DST preset apparently disables RoG biomes. I read a lot of semi-useless info about this game, that's how I know.

Didn't even spot that on the original map O.o

But yeah, no desert or deciduous biomes generated... You need desert for tumbleweeds!

Share this comment