Salt Licks not working when you're away from the base?/Structure issue?

jesuisralph
  • Pending

Salt Lick/Domesticated Beefalo becoming Wild Beefalo

I heard that PC players recently got a few patch fixes regarding Salt Licks. I think PS4 have the issues with Salt Licks too.

I've domesticated my beefalo a while back (3-4 weeks ago) everything was fine until recently, I noticed that when I ride him he would constantly throw me off like in less than 1 minute he would throw me off. I was told that once you domesticate a beefalo, you can ride him for about 13 minutes straight (which I was able to do it before but recently he's been throwing me off half way on every single trip. 

About 2 irl days ago, I was away from my base for a few in-game days (5 days, I think) when I came back I noticed something odd about my beefalo, he had the saddle off and when I tried to put it back on him, he would constantly shake it off and I couldn't even ride him anymore, he was becoming a normal beefalo. I had 5 salt licks in his pen (I've always kept 5 salt licks, it wasn't an issue until recently).

So I rolled back to the earliest days to try to save my beefalo from becoming a wild beefalo again, I was able to save him. I have been constantly brushing him (once a day), feeding him a stick once a day, and riding him for a few seconds everyday so he doesn't lose domestication.. I think the salt licks are not working properly. 

I asked other players on discord and they said that it happened for PC players where salt licks wasn't working if the player is far from the base, which the issue has been fixed for PC. I think PS4 players have the same issue.

Structure Issue

I recently noticed something strange when I was building my cave base. I tried to craft a Festive Tree Planter in the caves for decoration purposes but it doesn't show in the structure. Is there a specific reason why I can't craft a Festive Tree Planter in the caves? My World is set: Generic Forest / Standard Caves and I do have Winter Feast on. 

A few PC players told me that they're able to craft the Festive Tree Planter in the caves. I'm not sure why I'm not able to do it...

I took a screenshot in surface & caves. The Structure tab doesn't show the Festive Tree Planter when I'm in the caves.

Surface:

VkF6PLm.jpg

Caves:

DRFDVxS.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure how to reproduce.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Update w/ more details regarding Salt Licks

Could the Salt Lick issue be related to the graphic glitches?

Here's a closer look of the screenshot. I have Salt Licks in an area that aren't suppose to have anything, this is not where my base is but in the map it shows 3 Salt Licks there and a few pine trees in the ocean. I have not placed any Salt Lick in this area

cRpVGbS.jpg

Here's another closer look of the other side:

9q4dxZm.jpg

Zoom out:

5oGM80e.jpg

Share this comment

I don't think so I have lost one of my 3 beefalo and I don't have these graphic glitches anymore since I made a new server . I'm afraid to play in my world I can't feed 3 beefalos every day!!

Share this comment

21 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I don't think so I have lost one of my 3 beefalo and I don't have these graphic glitches anymore since I made a new server . I'm afraid to play in my world I can't feed 3 beefalos every day!!

I know, it sucks a lot. I'm afraid to be away from the base for too long. I have to constantly check my beefalo. It feels like I'm domesticating him all over again with the babysitting....  I really hope Klei fix this issue soon, a friend of mine lost one of his beefalo also, luckily I only have one to take care xD

• Like 1

Share this comment

I took Deerclops for a walk & witnessed a interesting fight btw hounds, treeguards and deerclops.

n5qlS0T.jpg

I came back to see find out that once again my beefalo turned NORMAL:

k7el2wb.jpg

I tried to save him by rolling back the 5 days but I couldn't save him. I had an extra save data in my usb and I had to use it.. it took me back back to Autumn season but I was able to save my Beefalo.

MopQjWn.jpg

Now, here's what I think caused the Beefalo Salt Lick glitch/not work

When I heard Deerclops (night time) I was too late to get out of my base so I rolled back the day, I smashed ALL of the 4 Salt Licks that were almost done and replaced it with brand new ones just to be safe. I think this is the reason my beefalo became normal, it probably didn't detect the new Salt Licks or something... it's the only reason I could think of, I have been doing fine before that with no issues of my beefalo turning back to normal only this time because I replaced the 1% Salt Licks to brand new ones and left the base to wait for Deerclops.

Saddly, I have to take Deerclops for a walk again but this time I will make sure to save my game (with tame beefalo) before taking Deerclops out a walk. 

Please fix the Salt Lick glitch on PS4, it doesn't seem to be fixed... I plan on killing Toadstool with 2 controllers and I won't be able to check beefalo while prepping for it in the caves :(  I don't want to lose my beefalo and have to roll back and lose all progress of other things to save the beefalo.

Share this comment