Wire Bridge ONLY overload damage

enterprise12
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

Using a battery connected to high voltage wire to a transformer, transformer outputs to normal wire then wire bridge at some point and back to normal wire.

Normal wire is functioning fine, but wire bridge continues to get overload damage when the transformer limits it to 1000J/watts

I have attached pictures. thanks

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

The wire connects to some autodoors, electrolyzers, pumps, gas filters. the consumption limit is over 1000 watts, but it never all at once reaches 1000 watts, even if it did, the transformer should only output 1000 watts max anyways, which is under the max for normal wires i believe

Its also only effecting the FIRST wire bridge, even though there are several

Steps to Reproduce
Power -> heavy watt wire -> battery -> heavy watt wire -> transformer - > wire - > wire bridge

User Feedback

the transformer should only output 1000 watts max

Maye not. It can store 1000J(oule) of energy but maybe it'll transfer more.
The wire bridge should not melt with 120W of load though, so unless you have more consumers connected to that wire (hidden by them being behind switches) you found a bug.

Attaching the save file might help the developers to diagnose it.

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue. The wire bridge sits off of a transformer and connects to a circuit that has 1.1kW of devices on it but never all run at the same time. It's currently taking overload damage running 20W/1.1kW.

overload.png

CircuitOverload.sav

Share this comment

I have similar problem with wire bridge getting damage for no good reason.

At one location it runs at ~33 degrees and about 360-480W and on second its ~34 degrees and runs nowhere(its a placeholder for further development with nothing attached to it after transformer but some cables and that bridge).

Only common factor about both bridges is that they run over heavy-watt wire at those points. But there are dozens of those, some running at even higher load and doing ok.

Considering that my network sits at the base of my base, if heavy-watt wires somehow damage bridges, then they(bridges) lose pretty much all of usefulness for me. With no way to configure transformers, where is in and out or even turn it, its becoming so much hassle for no good reason. Since output for transformers is on the bottom, i have to get regular wires over heavy-watts somehow.

So, problem is either heavy-watt wires that run under them or they get damage by overload that even runs on a different network, but is in vicinity.

Also, why is there is no tiles specifically for heavy-watt wires to run thru ? Maybe cant place those next to each other, just to get it thru wall, instead of building whole walls of them, or make them more expensive than regular tiles with even lower durability(as they are hollowed out almost completely to accommodate wires).

Share this comment