Unable to install Microsoft C++? :(

Soliditary
  • Pending

Hi, I'm unable to install the microsoft c++ 2015 require I believe, it may be the reason why I keep crashing when I start a new game. 

My computer specs are : 

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50 GHz

RAM: 4GB 

64-bit OS. 

I'm not sure if the specs meet the requirements because it looks like it does, but when the game loads, it says it doesn't. When I try to manually install C++, I get an error saying the parameter is incorrect. I've searched all over the net for solutions but I can't find any. Do help me out if any of you know the solution to this. I've tried repairing the previous C++ (2011-2013 I believe), and reinstalling C++ several times, but I can't repair the 2015 version. I'm lost and heartbroken. I looked forward to this game and here I am. :(

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load Game 2. Told that specs do not meet requirements 3. Tries new game, crashes. 4. Checks forum, finds that I should reinstall C++ manually, doesn't work. 5. Cry

User Feedback

This person had luck running Windows Update and then re-installing the 2015 version. I wouldn't worry about trying to repair the 2011-2013 versions since the game doesn't use those.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

This person had luck running Windows Update and then re-installing the 2015 version. I wouldn't worry about trying to repair the 2011-2013 versions since the game doesn't use those.

Hey Cheerio, I've been on both threads before, however it seems I can't update my windows and I have no idea why. It just doesn't allow me to. It seems only the system admin is allowed to update Windows. All my users on my PC are admins.

Is there any other way to solve this? It would be of great help! Thanks. :)

Share this comment

Hey, anyone reading this thread, I've solved this issue, however I'm not too sure how because I did a lot of things. If you're facing the same problem, do leave a comment, I'll check back often to see if anyone needs help. I went through hours of researching and restarting my computer just for this game :')

Edited by Soliditary

Share this comment