Triple airlocks generate cold when walked through

Tomiz
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I have started a new playthrough of ONI, and I have tried building 3 airlocks next to each other to make sure no unwanted gasses (or as few as possible) get through while keeping the design very compact.

The issue is that anytime a dupe walks through, the airlock cools down a little. It is anywhere from barely anything to a few degrees. Moreover, occasionally, these airlocks (so far the two that I use most commonly, one on the screenshot below, the other in top-right of the base) cools itself down to crazy low temperatures, as low as -67°C from what I've seen so far. I don't know what causes this instant rapid cooling, but when I have noticed it and tried reloading an autosave before it happened, it didn't happen again during that cycle (talk about watched water never boiling).

20170528195916_1.jpg

If some new obsevations come to light I will append them to this thread.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to happen anymore as of 218235

Self-cooling Airlocks.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build 3 automatized airlocks right next to one another, and have dupes walk through them. This will create a pocket of cold.

User Feedback

Hey wait, that's what my save has too! I made a five-door one (the last one closes as the first opens, pretty neat) but that cools to a crazy -160/-180. I never connected it to the doors actually! :D

Share this comment