Tiling over chlorine/CO2 deletes gas

Eep
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

On an isolated chlorine tile (maybe other gasses too but haven't tried) with solid (non-gas) tiles around it, if I put a basic/standard tile (used granite) over the chlorine tile, then "dismantle" the tile, the gas does not come back. Where does the gas go?

Update: also works with CO2.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Locate an isolated chlorine tile next to (surrounded by) solid (non-gas) tiles 2. Build a basic/standard tile over the chlorine tile 3. Dismantle the tile

User Feedback

Yes but it shouldn't. This is an exploit that also works with CO2 and probably every gas.

Share this comment

Works also with fluids, works also the other way around (you're able to create vacuum tiles by destroying tiles that are surrounded in the 4 cardinal directions).

Share this comment

Yea, that shouldn't happen either. It's also odd that things in open diagonal tiles are accessable (pick up things, build/dismantle, etc) yet gas and fluid can't seem to get in between. Funny how the game tries so hard to be accurate in many physics areas (gas/fluid) yet outlandishly inaccurate in others (tools pulled out of nowhere, picking things up with some magical "ray gun", etc).

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Eep said:

the game tries so hard to be accurate in many physics areas (gas/fluid)

Honestly, I wouldn't describe it that way: liquid stacking, 1ml of liquid blocks the whole tile for gas, 1mg of one gas blocks the tile for 100kg of another, ...

Share this comment

On 4/30/2017 at 7:35 AM, Masterpintsman said:

Honestly, I wouldn't describe it that way: liquid stacking, 1ml of liquid blocks the whole tile for gas, 1mg of one gas blocks the tile for 100kg of another, ...

Like I said, the game TRIES. ;)

Share this comment