Printing level 0 lump corrupts save/incorrectly loading saves

The Noon Fish
  • Pending

I was just mindin' my own business, trying to keep my dupes from suffocating themselves in water (since SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GO SWIMMING WHEN THEY LITERALLY DUG THEMSELVES INTO A PIT.) After that incident, i waited a while for the printing pod to give me 2 new dupes for my colony, when i saw the legendary level 0 lump dupe and never in my life had i slammed the print button as hard as i had in the span of having the game. After showing him off to a few other people, i saved and shut the game down. Today, I booted up the game, only to find something odd with the resume button. It didn't display my cycles. tried to load the save, when it brought me to the screen with three dupes to be selected or randomized, and to name my colony. Messing around later, i looked and LOW AND BEHOLD, my manual save only had 1 KB, compared to the other(older and almost dead) colonies saves, which had ~2,000-3,000 KB

stories aside, i'm not sure if it was printing the dupe, having to rush everything to get into bed, or some other elements/unlucky me that it became corrupted

Steps to Reproduce
find a level 0 lump dupe and print them, save and exit. then try loading the save again.

User Feedback

Very strange. It saved the json header but failed to add anything related to serialization.

Share this comment